Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

boost to 90 is now available for $60.00

NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/202c0q/what_the_boost_to_90_looks_like/

images of boosted 90 char here

http://imgur.com/a/Fd9pT

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3828-Warlords-of-Draenor-Pre-Order-and-Level-90-Boosts-Now-Available

Level 90 Boosts Now Available
You are now able to purchase Level 90 Boosts for $60 in game! Your boosted character gets:

• Item level 483 gear. You can quickly upgrade to the epic item level 496 gear from Timeless Isle chests.
  • 150 gold
  • 4 Embersilk (22-slot) bags
  • A stack of 20 food items
  • If a boosted character was already level 60 or above, their existing Primary Professions and First Aid are bumped up to level 600, as mentioned above
  • A faction-specific flying mount - a traditional Wind Rider for Horde or Gryphon for Alliance
  • Artisan flying - that’s one rank below max flight speed
  • Northrend, Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, and Pandaria regional flying skills trained

editted original post to give details

Comments

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Disgusting
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by deniter
    Disgusting

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Disgusting

• R.LimaR.Lima Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Disgusting

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

WoW.... Blizzard really cant wait to rake in that cash.

So if you preordered WOD, you still gotta pay $60 or do you get to use your free 90? 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

*Sighs*

I was leveling with my friend in the last few days, having an absolute blast with him. Now he's going to get the instant 90 and I am left behind, unless i wish to pay 60$USD for the service :/ Uh no thanks. Guess I'll be leveling the old fashioned way lol

Primary Professions bumped up to 600 if you're 60 or above? O_O

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    Originally posted by laserit

So if you preordered WOD, you still gotta pay $60 or do you get to use your free 90? 

Pretty certain if you pre purchased WoD, it Includes the Level 90 Character Boost that you can use instantly.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    AMAZING!!

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Originally posted by laserit

Good question. I think that the expansion comes with a free 90. It's just that if you pre-order (when available) you get instant access to the free 90 instead of waiting for the retail release date.

Then if you wanted more 90s you fork over $60 per.

Considering how quickly you can level now I really don't see a big problem. It'd be completely different if took months to level cap like it used to. Jeez, how fast is it now? Couple weeks? If someone wants to give Blizzard $60 to bring another level 90 to the game full of a bajillion level 90s who cares at this point.

There's nothing special about having level capped characters anymore so big whoopty do. More money in Blizzard's pockets means more money they can spend on the games you enjoy is my opinion.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

As spiteful of a move that is, i can only cry in solitude for all the poor sods that are actually going to pay for it... and i know there will be THOUSANDS...

If i ever had any hope for 'humanity', now it's finally all shriveled to nothing and same can be said for the company.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

World of Warcraft, a game where you:

- Pay to Play

- Pay to enjoy content

- And now, Pay to skip content

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    so, if I buy the game, and all the subsequent expansions and then pay my subscription fee to be able to play, I can now pay more to not have to play?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

I can see putting them straight onto the Timeless Isle being a very bad idea.  For those that don't know, the Timeless Isle is pretty much the ganking capital of WoW right now.  You use a bloody coin and turn yourself into a player killer for rewards, its not even avoidable on PvE servers or against players of your own faction.

Also the mobs in the Timeless Isle are not very forgiving to undergeared or new players, although I suppose they already have their $60, so it probably doesn't matter if they rage quit.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

Is the instant 90 thing tradeable? I ask because I would never use mine if I had one.

Why would I want to "avoid repeating content" from leveling just to get another lvl 90 to...repeat lvl 90 content...

• guascoguasco Member UncommonPosts: 68
    im a invisible hardcore player.  i really don't care.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64

Is the instant 90 thing tradeable? I ask because I would never use mine if I had one.

Why would I want to "avoid repeating content" from leveling just to get another lvl 90 to...repeat lvl 90 content...

Because why grind levels when you can grind endgame

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    With this we can probably safely scratch blizzard off the list of most beloved developers. I cant really motivate myself to even care about project Titan with this crap announcement.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    lmao, this is a real thing?  I mean I can understand offering a level boost to somewhere near max level for an upcoming expansion in a game that's been out for a decade, but implementing it as a chargeable service?  That's absurd to me.  Especially the price. For something that costs them a fraction of 1 cent to execute...
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64

Because why grind levels when you can grind endgame

Why grind end-game which will inevitably become, well, not end-game after the next expansion? Just pay them to do it for you!

• GeridenGeriden Member UncommonPosts: 390

bleh takes what 2-4 weeks to max level ? 1 if your playing 24/7.

I dont like this, but i dont really see it effecting many people, Shitty move but blizzard sold out a longggggg time ago.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Jinxys

Primary Professions bumped up to 600 if you're 60 or above? O_O

reading the reddit comments - yes

can get 2 primary professions bumped from skill 1 to 600 if you are level 60-89

level 90 chars seem ineligible to buy the boost -- for tradeskills alone

What's the reasoning behind the $50 price tag on the expansion? All of Blizzard's expansions have cost $40 until this.
  • MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143

Looking on the bright side this will hopefully help people to burn out on WoW a little faster and that's probably for the best.

I used to think this would also make one more step towards a FTP WoW but I can't even think of any FTP games that sell level boosts like this and people expect that worst outa them.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Some of you people need to calm your tits.  I would suspect most of those that will do this already have at least 1 character that is max level (probably 3 or more).  I've leveled every class to at least 72, 3 of which are 90, so if I were to do this I would be missing out on nothing content wise.  I'll never pay $60 for a service like this because I think the price is WAY too high ($20-$30 would be ok) and getting to 90 really isn't all that hard or long (hehe).  However, now that I've seen all the bitching and moaning from people who most likely don't play WoW, I hope Blizzard makes a fortune from this just piss them off.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Geriden

bleh takes what 2-4 weeks to max level ? 1 if your playing 24/7.

I dont like this, but i dont really see it effecting many people, Shitty move but blizzard sold out a longggggg time ago.

It doesn't even take that long.  I leveled a Pandoran Monk from 1-90 in about a week and a half.  Granted, I was off work for about a week over that time period and played a lot more than normal but it wasn't a crazy 24/7 amount of time, either.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.