Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Eternal Watch (PC-NA | Aldmeri Dominion | PVE/PVP/Endgame Content

SyrexxSyrexx Member UncommonPosts: 17

The Eternal Watch is opening its doors for membership as we move into the dawn of a new era, into the world of Tamriel and The Elder Scrolls Online as part of the Aldmeri Dominion faction.

Whether you are a hardcore gamer or casual player, TEW can offer you a "home" within the world where you can join a comfortable atmosphere of friends and family while still focusing upon your character, end game content, questing, PVP'ing, and guild progression.

The simple question you need to ask is "Do you want to have fun and share that fun with others?"  If yes, then The Eternal Watch may be what you are looking for...

Summary

Guild Name: The Eternal Watch (established 1999)
    Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion
    Main Timezone: All US time zones; however, most guild events are based upon US Eastern Time (EST)
    Recruitment Status: Recruitment open, must fill out application on site
    VOIP: Ventrilo
    Guild Focus: PVE/PVP/Endgame content
    Guild Leader: Mithoronette (@Mithoron)

Introduction

The Eternal Watch was created to provide a family atmosphere for general game play with a primary focus on end-game content and raiding progression, whether that be PVE or PVP grouping.  We hold our members to a standardized set of behavior guidelines, asking members to abide to our Code of Conduct. Those not following these guidelines are subject to discipline and possible removal from the guild.

The guild Code can be summed up in one sentence:  Don't be an ass and treat your guild mates with respect and courtesy...and most of all have fun!

History

The guild was founded in 1999 in Asheron's Call, eventually traversing the worlds of Asheron's Call 2, Lineage 2, Aion, Age of Conan, World of Warcraft, Rift, Star Wars the Old Republic, TERA, and recently Guild Wars 2 and Neverwinter.  Now the guild is branching into The Elder Scrolls Online saga beneath the standard of Queen Ayrenn and the Aldmeri Dominion.

The guild has been run by the same guild leader--Mithoron--for the entire fifteen years, so has a solid history of being maintained, supported, and promoted through its long history.  It is not simply a "fly-by-night" guild created on a whim or an idea that "sounds cool" and just as quickly abandoned.  Instead, the guild has over a decade track record of being the best it can in endgame content.

During it's World of Warcraft tenure of over six years, the guild was ranked among the top raiding guilds on the Icecrown server, while still maintaining a "friends and family" atmosphere where spouses, children, other family members, and friends could play and enjoy the game even outside the stringent confines of raiding.

Guild Participation

The guild holds many events, both within game and without, focusing upon its primary goal of everybody having fun.  Feel free to join us for in game events such as PVP raiding, foot races, scavenger hunts, and the like, as well as out-of-game events including Movie Nights, Karaoke Nights, and Trivia Contests.

The guild does not require any mandatory participation in guild events; however, if you do participate, it is expected you give your 110% effort, whether it entails raiding or PVP'ing with the guild or participating in some of it's other events.

Tenets

The guild is based upon the concept that it is a community of people with different mindsets and goals, and as such does not attempt to force people into any one particular aspect of the game.  We are not simply a "raiding guild," nor are we canned as "PVP guild"--there are both casual and hardcore members; there are those interested in pure PVE play, while others are more PVP-oriented.  What the guild does promote is a healthy atmosphere with people of like mind who enjoy the game can do so with companions to its fullest.

Requirements

The guild does not enforce any age requirements.  We have met 12-year-olds who were more mature than some 30-year-olds.  Age does not dictate maturity.  We simply ask that you behave in a mature manner acceptable to everybody.

We strongly suggest members avoid Political, Religious and Sexual topics in both Guild and Ventrilo Chat, as these topics are too emotional and problems always result.  In addition, being a more mature group of players, realize cussing and other profanity is not routinely acceptable--many members have younger family members playing or listening to the game.  If you cannot state the same thing to your parents or at a job interview, chances are it is not going to be tolerated in guild/Ventrilo chat.  That being said, we realize raids--and in particular PVP--can sometimes be heated, and we ourselves are guilty of an occasional slip, we simply ask that you do not make cussing commonplace, instead keeping such things in the PVP channels or private conversations.

In addition, we ask people refrain from "1337" sp3ak.  If you cannot type out a word intelligently to convey your feelings or information, then maybe the guild is not for you.

Beyond those simple tenets, as mentioned, don't be an ass and have fun!

Contact Information:

Visit our website at http://www.the-eternal-watch.com to learn more about the guild.  In addition, you can contact the guild leader (@Mithoron) or any of its officers in-game:

Comments

• SyrexxSyrexx Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Up^
    up
    ^^^
  • AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

If my wife and I choose Aldmeri Dominion, I'll definitely look you all up.   Ultimately, it's going to be my wife's choice which alliance we join.  I'll definitely pitch this guild to her.

Anyway, nice write up.  If we don't join the Dominion, I'll see you on the battle field!

• MithoronetteMithoronette Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Azzras

If my wife and I choose Aldmeri Dominion, I'll definitely look you all up.   Ultimately, it's going to be my wife's choice which alliance we join.  I'll definitely pitch this guild to her.

Anyway, nice write up.  If we don't join the Dominion, I'll see you on the battle field!

Definitely check out our website and get a feel for us.  We have several married couples who play together, as well as a few families and such, so your situation is not uncommon.

Good luck in your search!

Guild is growing with great members. Still looking for my great people to join us in future beta's and retail. Hope to see you there!
    Beta is just under 13 hours away! Will you be joining us? See you there!
    Beta is done and we all had a blast. We are still looking for more members. If you're not in a guild as of yet then check us out. We'll be happy to have ya.
    Beta this coming weekend! If you still are looking for a guild, give us a look. We are still recruiting. You might like what ya see =)
  • zinnikeyszinnikeys Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Thanks for welcoming me in.
    Early Access is 10 days away and we are still recruiting. If you have not found a home yet give us a look. See you in game real soon!