Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

At announcement of the game i was very dissapointed with this games combat system... there was so much restriction, not only would there be just a few skill slots, players where supposed also to be very restricted in which skills to put in those slots. On top of that the skills where supposed to have CD´s 

While they promoted the combat system as having ultimate freedom in combining skills, to me it felt just to restricted to have fun.

So now we are a few months later, has this been discussed with the developer? And if so which changes have they announced?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• ReaperJodaReaperJoda Member UncommonPosts: 76
    To Call a game everquest with no class system or trinity, is not everquest. Combat? It's gw2 style ide imagine.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

For me... It's far to soon to make any judgements.

Personally I'm hoping they take from TESO and build on it.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Landmark seems awesome, the SoE devs seems very engaged and excited with eqL and Next. This amazing dynamic world filled with bigger, better and smarter AI, were you can build and create amazing structures and cities or dig and destroy castle walls. The list of positive and exciting things for the upcoming EQ games can be made long. But none of thesw features is gonna matter to me and many others if the combat system sucks.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    They have not made anymore announcements regarding EQN combat, all new info has been about Landmark. It will be interesting to see what roles they plan have, hopefully structures but less boring than classic trinity. At this point I'm assuming a MOBA type system that is more interchangeable but still able to maintain "roles" like a MOBA does.

This ties into mob AI as well because each sentient mob is supposed to have a class associated with it. With this is mind it's not far off base to see it could be like LoL AI, mob class synergy and natural advantages/disadvantages between class and build markups. Georgeson responded affirmatively to a reddit post regarding EQN being MOBA-like combat/class wise.

I too was suprised by the weapon restrictions but to maintain some balance between mobs and players for PvP is may be needed. This of course keeps in mind that 40 is the planned amount of classes for launch. More are sure to be added later.
  • AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139

They never said you'll have "ultimate freedom."

This is still a classed based and in turn, role based game. There will just be a lot of flexibility.

Sounded great then, still sounds great today.

You might not fully understand the system or might like something like EQ2/WoW and other games that have UI plastered across the screen, but that is just player preference.

EQN will allow for unique builds, while not making the UI and skills "the game." Actually playing and using your brain will be more useful.

To me, it is a much more flexible GW2 like system. GW2 doesn't seem very limited, so not sure how EQN would be.