Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Silkroad online is hte crappiest crap ever craped

If you like to spend days killin the same monsters all day long with the same exact combo for every monster out there then your either asian or u one of those sad few who put there 24 hour life into this game to be the HIGHEST level. Guild warts ber boring as hell after a while. And its a easy cheesy game hacked by many or exploited out hte ying yang. if u got a level 50 in this game alls i can say is im disapointed in the time u put into it..

Comments

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Whew...truly harsh. Now...what games are you comparing this to though?
    The graphics are breathtaking
    The combat is top notch..you definitely have to stay on top of the creatures when fighting.
    As you level, you have to make some major choices..
    Equipment is cool, and has a lot of combinations, and variety.
    But, I also know the game has issues..
    The quests are repetitive
    Lag can be excrutiating.
    But, I tell you what, I would rather spend 4 hours killing creatures with awesome graphics, than 1 hour with the cartoons of WoW..
    Oh...and that killing costs me ZILCH

"The best things in life are FREE...for everything else there is P2P" ::::24::

• RazephonRazephon Member UncommonPosts: 628

Well its not the Crappiest game I've played, thats for sure. Infact the grind was kinda fun till I hit about level 14. Then it just became tedious. Now I cant be bothered.

Anyways, end of the "Beta" period I guess. Beta ends on the 9th (aka tommorrow)

If you talk about the bad, then this game is a lagfest, only point and click movement, lots of levels and too much grinding, boring as hell quests, graphics are ok and a really crap community if you dont know anyone.

If you talk about the good, decent graphics, early transport available, good combat animations, interesting PvP, demon mode.

Once I found out about the Beta ending though I didnt bother playing anymore. Besides, I'm waiting to beta another GREAT game. SUN.

I hear some people saying Martial Heroes is better than this. Worth checking out if your into the whole china themed MMO thing

Currently waiting for the MMO industry to put out something good.
  • AxiomAxiom Member Posts: 15

So.... did you like it or not?

I think its a decent game, if its free.

If you were to pay for it I would back-hand slap you and ask you what the hell is wrong with you...image

• SlntasnSlntasn Member Posts: 711

Originally posted by Razephon
    Well its not the Crappiest game I've played, thats for sure. Infact the grind was kinda fun till I hit about level 14. Then it just became tedious. Now I cant be bothered.
    If you talk about the bad, then this game is a lagfest, only point and click movement, lots of levels and too much grinding, boring as hell quests, graphics are ok and a really crap community if you dont know anyone.
    If you talk about the good, decent graphics, early transport available, good combat animations, interesting PvP, demon mode.
    Once I found out about the Beta ending though I didnt bother playing anymore. Besides, I'm waiting to beta another GREAT game. SUN.
    I hear some people saying Martial Heroes is better than this. Worth checking out if your into the whole china themed MMO thing

You put something about the graphics being decent/ok in both the good and bad... lol

• MLSHMLSH Member Posts: 8

This game is not my style but im expecting alot on next major update which will have eruope race.

Personally i hate grinding and solo playing. Also i hate games with ugly design.

I heard eroupe race will be party playing style race, so since it has nice design i may like it:)

Originally posted by SLNTASN

You put something about the graphics being decent/ok in both the good and bad... lol

• Originally posted by openedge1

LMAO, your kidding right? take a look at a giant, its like 1 big pile of cubes xD the scenery is nice, but when you look closely its all blur, from a distance it may look breathtaking..

Giants? Cubes? I am confused...what giants are you talking about?
    Now, look at the normal mapping on the grounds, tree's, hills.
    Look at the sky?
    Great looking armor, very period style..
    All GIANTS I have seen have been larger versions of their counterparts (White Tiger as an example..), so I am confused on the cubes thing.
    Overall, again, the beauty of the cities, landscapes, weapons, armor, models of characters...all look great.
    But, I am not into the cartoon looks either, so more slightly realistic visuals appeal to me...not the WoW or Rose Online look.
    I also will not say this is the BEST looking game either (Have played GW, Lineage 2...tested DDO, Dekaron, World2 - which is STUNNING -)...but for free..I truly am impressed.
    As to Martial Heroes...it does not hold a candle to Silkroad I am afraid. Graphics were horrible, bad interface...language "engrish" much worse than Silk...Just was lost.

Now, kill the lag, kill the hackers, update the quests...and silkroad could be truly awesome..
    My 2 cents ...oh, wait, thats right...Silkroad cost me nothing...hehe

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

I have a question...I just downloaded the Game yesterday(on the 8th) and made a character and stuff but I tried logging into it getting an error...Now I read up on the website that their beta closed today...So that must be the reason. But my question is...will it be comming back any time soon?, cause if not I am just gonna uninstall it, this is a sign from fate telling me I was not meant to play the game lol.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
    MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
    http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

• lordgreywolflordgreywolf Member Posts: 2
    Yes it will be back, 3rd stage, keep checking the official site and in the next few days there will likely be an announcement

Argh, I just wish the servers would come back up so I could try the game...To be honest I want to know if its worthy enough to hold space on my comp or if it should go, but i just can't dicide with only seeing the character creation process.

• lordgreywolflordgreywolf Member Posts: 2
    well to give you an idea, i run a website, and a clan, and 4 enemy territory servers and i abandon them for hours every day to play silk road online when the servers are up, so i would say ya it's worth the harddrive space
  • lonesoljahlonesoljah Member Posts: 18

The reason they grind is called competition it gives them a motive to play or be in the top, whats so wrong with that?Yea this game is for uber and hardcore grinders and for people that can acually grind, meaning no whiners, if you don't like it go play some other game like wow and get lvl cap in a month heh, maybe the reason u hate it is cuz u get pwned by others am i right?You think there shouldn't be any high lvlers in game bcoz u want to pwn just like they do...but u just can't stand grinding.

All i can say is that this is one of the best free mmorpg game out there or the best i've played so far, heck its probabably even better then some of those shitty p2p also..If u don't know how to grind dont even bother playing :)

Edit: wars are quite fun also, its kill kill kill, but the bad thing is if u die u lose about 00.2& xp tho sheek what did ur silly mind of yours thouhgt it would be?Maybe foreign games arnt your type so you should just go back to playtihng whatever u used to

• TghostTghost Member Posts: 1

First of all, im level 30+ on silkroad.

I love the graphics. Maybe the giants are just a zoomed in small creatures, but the small creatures themselves do look very nice - and thats a fact. About the quests. I think you dont understand the idea of quests in this game - they show you what monsters you should kill at your level, and give you a reward (usually a big one) for killing them. Its WAAAAY better then to kill mobs with no reason all day long.

As for the exp rate. When the exp rate is too low - people complain that you must be an uber grinder to get to high levels. When the exp rate is too high - high level people complain that getting max level is too easy. Personaly i prefer low exp rate. Because then active people get an advantage over amatures who will quit after a week or 2.

for the conclusion, i want to say nothing with a 7,0 rate on mmorpg in beta testing stage can be not worth playing, aspecaly when its free.

Oh and by the way, you might have-to wait a little time for the next beta to start...

Well...finally some good news. The web site states a tentative date of Jan 24th for start. Keeping fingers crossed. Discussion is on that they may implement some features from the Korean / Japanese versions (dungeons, new weapons, etc.)
    I agree that the game is fun, and I have been waiting patiently...
    Cya

• haylenhaylen Member Posts: 106

thghost, i believe you say you like the low xp rate, but honestly, how long will you keep that up? it's just a major turndown to even play silkroad, no offense, but only serious hard core grinder are up for the job, and to high xp, true, not healthy either. but silkroad is FAR below the acceptable in my opinion, you can make a game durable with content, but appaerantly also with terribly low xp rates, so it takes you years to advance ...

I have a tree, a tree that's in my garde, but my garden's too small for the tree, so the tree is in my house, that means i don't have a house .... who am i anyway?

• DoodleMastaDoodleMasta Member Posts: 3
    personally i think its okay...image
  • VenQWishVenQWish Member Posts: 51

Good to hear there'll be another beta, I'll try it then and check out the grind ;)

• WhatTheHeoWhatTheHeo Member Posts: 224

this game is ok get boring after awhile

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...

• SarenniaSarennia Member Posts: 127

Originally posted by openedge1

Whew...truly harsh. Now...what games are you comparing this to though?
    The combat is top notch..you definitely have to stay on top of the creatures when fighting.
    As you level, you have to make some major choices..
    Equipment is cool, and has a lot of combinations, and variety.
    But, I also know the game has issues..
    The quests are repetitive
    Lag can be excrutiating.
    But, I tell you what, I would rather spend 4 hours killing creatures with awesome graphics, than 1 hour with the cartoons of WoW..
    Oh...and that killing costs me ZILCH
    "The best things in life are FREE...for everything else there is P2P" ::::24::

Well you cant say that there is lots of combinations and variety of equipment. Every one looks the same but except that the game is realy good. The lag can be enoying times to times but as long as i dont pay for it, i dont care.

Ok well I tried playing again for the 3rd Test. So I resumed my grinding (I was on a quest when the 2nd Test ended). After grinding for about 5-10 minutes I just got sick of it and logged out.

I just can't stand a Mouse-only based system. If your dealing for a western audience, then you're completely incompetant for not including the Western standard of WASD.

Its so incredibly boring using just a mouse to do almost everything and hammering your skills on the keyboard. Movement should always = WASD.

Anyways, I'm sick of this game and the endless grind/little to no reward(other than xp), limited armor choices, slow response because of lag, lack of a WASD movement system.

• mushinmushin Member Posts: 11

Originally posted by sheek80
    If you like to spend days killin the same monsters all day long with the same exact combo for every monster out there then your either asian ...

I stopped reading there... seriously why bring race or ethic background into tthe discussion. You are truely a sad person mate..

Ok well I tried playing again for the 3rd Test. So I resumed my grinding (I was on a quest when the 2nd Test ended). After grinding for about 5-10 minutes I just got sick of it and logged out.
    I just can't stand a Mouse-only based system. If your dealing for a western audience, then you're completely incompetant for not including the Western standard of WASD.
    Its so incredibly boring using just a mouse to do almost everything and hammering your skills on the keyboard. Movement should always = WASD.
    Anyways, I'm sick of this game and the endless grind/little to no reward(other than xp), limited armor choices, slow response because of lag, lack of a WASD movement system.

you do know you can use the arrows keys to move and hotkeys instead of your mouse...right?

• xacebopxacebop Member UncommonPosts: 93

this game is fun if you enjoy constant character wipes, grinding the same mob for hours, sometimes days at a time. a boring pvp system, horrible community, hackers, hmm what else.

oh yeah, http://ferentus.com