Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zenimax is the best mmo dev ever.

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

And the goodness just keeps on coming:

Reddit link

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Rhazmuz
    Originally posted by Rhoklaw

A lot of cool fixes, but I still don't see anything about one of the oldest and most annoying bugs in the game... "getting stuck in dialogue with NPC's and merchants, requiring /reloadui to fix it."

I can't say if everyone had this issue or if they did, how often. I can say that I personally was plagued by this bug nonstop for 6 months and yes, it is annoying.

I suppose this will fall in the various bug fixes which you would expect goes on in beta stage?

Yes it was allready fixed before the patch 1.81 ..  In a time when these patchnotes where under NDA

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Did I not read it correctly?

That reddit post wasn't about stuff they fixed but stuff they will fix and are working on.

..Cake..

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by sgel

Did I not read it correctly?

That reddit post wasn't about stuff they fixed but stuff they will fix and are working on.

That was my understanding as well. It's a "heads-up" on the stuff that will be hitting the PTS soon...

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by DEAD.line

They're so good, they just decide to lock an entire race between 20 bucks, when you already pay 60 + 15/month for the game.

Not to meantion that they listen to the complaints about not being able to play with friends in the same faction, so, all you have to do is pre-order. But, if you want to do that after launch, well: "Deal with it".

So buy the CE?  Or just complain about something you cant have.  My kids do that all the time so maybe I understand your frustration.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    I do think turning the elder scrolls into a MMO is a challenge and i think they have done a decent job but at the same time this game is just another re-run for me i won't be playing. So best ever when they have never launched a MMO before sorry not true, this game has just as much a change of crashing and burning like most MMO are doing these days.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

I like ESO,I think it's a fine game, The only reason I am not buying into it is because Zenimax has shown it is willing to monetise parts of is content and sell bypasses to is"features"above the box price and sub(I'm talking the explorer pack here,I really don't care about the other stuff that much), which had made me mistrust them as a business.

I like all the big fixing they are doing too, but we've seen such frantic bug fixing and QOL changes before with MMO including so called day one miracle patches.

I think it's fine to be excited about this game, particularly if you don't share my concerns over business ethics our don't care.But I feel some in this thread are going beyond excitement into blind worship of the developers.I worry when people start throwing in words like best and perfect.We've seen this for every game in the past and it's only led to bitterness and disillusionment.

Most of past MMO game's biggest detractors have been ex fans on these and other forums.

Be excited for despite my personal stand against the business side there is a lot in the game to be excited about but try to temper that with reason and realism.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Draemos

Their development team has been doing a great job

On the other hand... their marketing and (lack of) public relations prior to the NDA drop was atrocious and did a lot of damage.

True, the whole NDA debacle did some damage, but not enough for Bethesda to pull the plug on Zenimax, which they won't as long as Zenimax does not do any damage to the IP overall, that would be enough for Bethesda to pull the plug on Zenimax, but considering this is the first game Zenimax have made using the Elder Scrolls IP they haven't done that bad a job, even if its not as good as the ones Bethesda have made, and despite some of the weird choices in combat mechanics etc, it might actually work out okay. But i don't see it being anything other than a 'niche' game, it won't have the same 'broad' appeal that WoW does, i see it really as being in the same category as Eve online, successful at what it does, which will mostly be the PvP.image

"but not enough for Bethesda to pull the plug on Zenimax."

You do realize that Zemimax Media INC. owns Bethesda, Bethesda doesn't tell Zenimax Media  INC. anything.  Zenimax Online made ESO not Bethesda, and Zenimax Media INC. owns Zenimax Online.

Just wanted to clear that up.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

A lot of cool fixes, but I still don't see anything about one of the oldest and most annoying bugs in the game... "getting stuck in dialogue with NPC's and merchants, requiring /reloadui to fix it."

I can't say if everyone had this issue or if they did, how often. I can say that I personally was plagued by this bug nonstop for 6 months and yes, it is annoying.

It does not require a /reloadui, all you need yo do is press ' twice.  It is annoying I'll give you that, but has anyone had issues with memory leaks, falling through the world or random crashes as was common in games past?  

I'll take annoying bugs ant day over what we used to deal with.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Latronus

It does not require a /reloadui, all you need yo do is press ' twice.  It is annoying I'll give you that, but has anyone had issues with memory leaks, falling through the world or random crashes as was common in games past?  

I'll take annoying bugs ant day over what we used to deal with.

Why do you do that? I mean I can understand that you don't find this a gamebreaking bug, but then to compare existing bugs to hypothetical worse issues that are not existing in the game? And then act like you are better off lol. That makes no sense at all.

But hey, I also think it is better to have this bug then a plane crashing on my head.

• Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by Draemos

Their development team has been doing a great job

On the other hand... their marketing and (lack of) public relations prior to the NDA drop was atrocious and did a lot of damage.

I don't see any sign of 'damage'. The game will either be good or it wont be; if its good, it will be a huge success given the huge marketing pull of the ES franchise, and if its bad, no amount of premarketing will save it.

I think people make way too much fuss about PR stuff many months before release. Personally I think it makes sense to save your resources for when it really matters.

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Butteflies and Sunshine, Zenimax is most fine.
    The best Dev of the Internet, makes a game where fun i get.
    Take my money do you hear, let me grind all day for gear.
    You are the bestest of the bestest best, as you work without a rest.
    For us the hostile playerbase, that is on the Level chase.
    And know no nice and thankful word, hits you with critic like a sword.
    Oh dear Lord, oh god forsaken, at least you have the Money taken.

;)

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• TazmahnTazmahn Member Posts: 17
    I gotta say, between some of the things they addressed before, like collision detection and skipping starter areas... and now the Phasing thing.... They are really doing a fantastic job of listening to the players.  I've NEVER seen another MMO developer this responsive to beta complaints, especially this close to launch.

Frior FTW!  image
  • WingeyeWingeye Member Posts: 58

............. call me indifferent or dead fish but

i just dont get this fanboying and hyping...

if a game is good its good if its bad its bad if its meh its meh

why make such a huge deal out of everything

we are not hormone ridden teenage girls drooling at some pop singer for gods sake

or are you? if so then ignore my statement

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Wingeye

we are not hormone ridden teenage girls drooling at some pop singer for gods sake

Actually we are boys wayting for their new toys....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• FaustusIVFaustusIV Member Posts: 49

The reason they are pulling the stops out on things like broken phasing, terrible starter experience and basic collision detection is not because they are such responsive and amazing devs it's because launching without fixing them would have been suicidal.

How can we be calling them the best MMO devs ever? They have never launched an MMO before for goodness sake. They have no track record and have not even got this game out of the gate.

Once the three month churn has hit and people are bored or off playing the new shiny, plus the real quality or lack of is common knowledge...their response to those challenges will be when they earn any form of reputation.

Will fanboys be saying they are perfect when the game goes F2P, the cash shop opens and gouging begins?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

So you are saying they deserve credit for releasing an unfinished game and full of mistakes?

I will say that they are putting in the effort AFTER getting your money,i think that is the problem with gaming,if they did not get the response they needed then they would have just left the game full of mistakes.I blieve that is what every developer is doing now,instead of spending that time and money to make sure a game is fit for consumers,they just release it on a whim and hope,then decide on expenditures after the fact.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• blazzen67blazzen67 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR
    It's a bit early to go with those statements. Most games are awesome at launch since it has taken few years to complete. You should consider if the pace of which they bring new content is worth the sub :) Many many dev teams fail to deliver on this and go B2P because its less pressure :) 

i think they are off to a great start in that department. they have already finished with 4 or 5 content patches for after launch, and they continue to do so. So, they have the first 4 or 5 months of new content DLC for after launch. thats better than most new MMO's that have come out recently

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463

I wouldn't even say Zenimax is the best until the game has been out for atleast 6 month's to a year.

1. Do they have a solid plan to deal with content locust's or are they gonna be like most dev's and try to keep them?

2. Are they gonna keep up with bug fixes that happen at launch, or let them stay in the game?

3. Do they have a solid plan for keeping crafting relevant after an update of content (with possible powercreep)?

4. With triple faction game, how are they gonna entice people to play a certain faction so it doesn't become a ghost faction (this happened in rf-online before it closed the american server's)?

Just because they are listening now does not mean they won't put on headphones later.

• blazzen67blazzen67 Member Posts: 65
    Originally posted by Wingeye

ok dead fish, so to you its not ok to be excited for a new game coming out at all? to be a robot without emotion at all? you must be a joy to be around

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by Tazmahn
    They are really doing a fantastic job of listening to the players.  I've NEVER seen another MMO developer this responsive to beta complaints, especially this close to launch.

Frior FTW!  image

ohh i saw it in WoW now the game is easy mode not like before

they did listen to all the complaints too :)

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by FaustusIV 

Will fanboys be saying they are perfect when the game goes F2P, the cash shop opens and gouging begins?

It's never the gouging in the F2P that's an issue , it's the cliental that flocks to a give me everything for nothing game

• ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156

"Zenimax is the best mmo dev ever"

Shouldn't you at least wait for them to offically release/launch an MMO before making such a proclamation?

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

I like ESO. I like it a lot. I like that there fixing things before launch. Still to say there the best MMO dev is a bit out there for me.

Like it has been metioned, they havent launched a MMO yet.