Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If Shadowbane's community wants more players

Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

Then STOP RUNNING OFF THE NOOBS.  Maybe have an honor code than anyone under level 30 is not game for being zerged or ganked.

I tell you, this game is not friendly to the new folk.  They log on, get ganked, and leave.

Comments

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

What if its an elf? a devilman of the desert?

They shall be cleansed, and cleansed again. They are the bane of the world.

Repent, young man, only the holy flame can prevail. Malorns will be done.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    OK they group with you for 2 hours , make sure your pockets are full of drops and gold then when group get split they ganked you and take all your stuff .... so much fun where the honor in that .
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Yea i played the game in final beta and for the first year, tried to come back recently, made it to 22 couldn't find a guild that would take me.  Proceeded to try and solo knowing the futility in it, gave up, logged in every now and then for a week trying to get in a guild, gave up.  Such a shame, used to love SB, just too hard to get back in when everyone you once knew is gone... (edit: ...and no one trusts you since you don't have a main in their guild)

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

I usually help out young temple charactors whenever possable. You see, the world is full of things like elves and the undead, and must be cleansed and made ready for our new noble king, or the All-fathers return.

Do not trust any of these creatures of the lands of strife, for what you say, does happen, because of greed, and because of ignorance.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• Edward78Edward78 Member Posts: 245

Originally posted by vmoped
    Yea i played the game in final beta and for the first year, tried to come back recently, made it to 22 couldn't find a guild that would take me. Proceeded to try and solo knowing the futility in it, gave up, logged in every now and then for a week trying to get in a guild, gave up. Such a shame, used to love SB, just too hard to get back in when everyone you once knew is gone... (edit: ...and no one trusts you since you don't have a main in their guild)

Ya, that is the sad thing. People you know go away the guild I use to play with turned carebear & split between WoW/EQ2.

• Altex44Altex44 Member Posts: 25

I just recently played the 15 day free trial and got to level 21....Then tried to get a guild but no one was around. Then Quit. Thanks all.

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

I played SB when it first came out and I actually had a good time. Personally I stick with PvE games but that's becasue I can't stand PvP where the system is actually abused. SB actually looked like it could work with strong guild and city ties. At the start it seemed like people were honest about getting more and more peopel for their guild or grouping to gain in level.

I remember the first few times I grouped, were were outside of one of the cities hunting having a good time. A thief comes up and pickpockets one of the other group members and we all start off chasing him for a long distance. We catch up with him and kill him and then head back to hunting. That was fun and exciting. It was fun knowing that could happen and you had to becareful. I had to quite due to time then. I had joined a city and guild by the time I left. I liked being given a tour of the city, binding to the city tree.

I tried to come back after that but it's so hard now. Less people is the major problem and those that are there don't make the game welcoming. The fun part of the game is the grouping, being apart of a city and then fighting against other guilds or cities or leveling in the area of a city to help if I believe that was happening. Trying to go out of the npc city to hunt to build up your character only to be killed while fighting or have money stolen kills any type of enjoyment you would normally have had. Especially if the person is so high in level and you are alone because you have no one to group with or a guild to join. It's not like you want to go solo either, it's because getting a guild is so hard now it seems. Like said in another thread, people don't trust or as said above you'd have someone group and then jump you after you disband. I've never seen that happen when I played but I don't doubt it happens or would happen either.

It's a shame really. I remember following SB before it was released. I loved the lore. I enjoyed reading about what happen in beta, in the city sieges, or the politics between the guilds and how guilds were forming alliances or breaking apart to start their own cities with help from former alliance members or having to fight off larger cities/guilds for settling in what they considered their land. I don't see how that can be going on anymore. It's as if it'sm some secret club now and current members (not all but far to many) don't give a damn if anyone joins or don't want to help them get their footing so they can stay on top.

Sure you can go on the forums and look for a guild but why should you really have to? Why shouldn't and can't players expect to find other players or guilds in the actual game instead of having to do something extra by going to a website?

I still feel that SB could very well get away with changing certain things to get more people. By that I mean remove open pvp. Now before anyone screams carebear in a negative fashion let me finish. Keep city sieges (putting bans on city trees), leveling up near cities helps. In order for the SB population to increase, that is if those behind SB and those playing it want the population to increase, something needs to be done to allow new players to get started in the world and to join up with others.

Yes the newbie island was there for this reason but lets be honest with the lack of players it can only do so much. People are most likely alone on that island and just as alone on the major landmass. If they only had one server like this and advertised it I think they have a chance of getting new players into the game and onto the other servers. They already have different rules for different servers, no reason why they couldn't do this I feel.

• SentySenty Member Posts: 10

Three things I'd recomend: first start a thread on the recruitment forums for the server, two actively msg people, three guild options > looking for a guild.

Another idea is anouncing you're looking for a guild in nation chat while on newbie isle, you never know who is rolling an alt.

It is a pain in the ass once you leave newb isle, and it's even more difficult to meet people and get recruited on the lore server where there's a dozen safeholds the only thing you can really do is actively msg and search out people.

I found my guild on the first day, I was lvling with a person from the Ascended on newbie island and they invited me in.

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548
    Shadowbane players are about the worst I have seen in the MMO's I have played.  There are more trolls and board warriors in realtion to the amount of people playing on a server then anywhere else I think.  There is usually no honorable people that play.  They would gank you on noobn island if they could.  Then laugh about it.  Try asking for help on the forums and you get flamed because they have control over their player base on the forums.  They let them run rampant there because they are too afraid to control them or they'll leave the game.  If you can find a good guild with good players then you are set but good luck, almost all the good people left that game.

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan

Originally posted by arvainis
    Shadowbane players are about the worst I have seen in the MMO's I have played. There are more trolls and board warriors in realtion to the amount of people playing on a server then anywhere else I think. There is usually no honorable people that play. They would gank you on noobn island if they could. Then laugh about it. Try asking for help on the forums and you get flamed because they have control over their player base on the forums. They let them run rampant there because they are too afraid to control them or they'll leave the game. If you can find a good guild with good players then you are set but good luck, almost all the good people left that game.

Burn the trolls, purge the hethans. Malorns will be done.

There are plenty of true people left, willing to purge the world of its evils.

Seek not, want not, you do not belong here.

• arvainisarvainis Member Posts: 548

The Temple relies too much on blind faith my son...

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves." ~ Ronald Reagan