Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I missing something? [mod edit]

1234568»

Comments

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by st3v3b0
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

It takes at least 20 hours of trying...(and not of complaining) ... to find out what any MMORPG is about..

This has to be one of the most absurd statements I have ever read.  It should not take you 20 hours to know whether you like a game or not.  I should catch you from the get go.  Would you sit through a 20 hour movie if the first 3 hours were shit?  I know I sure as hell wouldn't.  

If the menu's and UI is clunky then that is poor research on their part as there are tons of games with great interfaces OR great add-ons that make the default even better.  If combat is dull and looks like the original EQ's jittery animations then it is poor production work.  Some people can look past things like this, others cant.  This game has had more controversary around it than any other MMO of recent history regarding the love/hate.  That in itself should say a lot.

Yer right...but it DOES take that long to post an opinion about a game. So the point stands.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

I give a game 3 hours to give me a good first impression...

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• kkarrabbasskkarrabbass Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by Thorqemada

I give a game 3 hours to give me a good first ipression...

So, you are a fan of speed dating.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

I give a game 3 hours to give me a good first ipression...

That's the problem with you and other so called "gamers"

It takes far more time to review a game. It's all fine and dandy that you can decide for yourself that a game isn't for you. That's why they used to make demos. It's a whole other potato to come to a gaming site and spout your illegitimate crap that others may take as truth.

If you haven't actually played the game....which means you took more than a day to play, then STFU on these forums...PERIOD

Edit - My new motto ^

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• CognomanCognoman Member UncommonPosts: 75

I read OP's post but not the whole thread.  Tried the last 2 open beta's but couldnt motivate myself to try last weeks beta.

I tend to agree with OP.  UI is bad.  Game is boring.  $60 + $15/mn for this game is too much.  F2p game like neverwinter has better UI than this.   SWTOR beta got me to buy the game and we know what happened to SWTOR.  This game couldn't even get me to play for free. 

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Originally posted by kkarrabbass
    Originally posted by Thorqemada I give a game 3 hours to give me a good first ipression...

Well, the first Impression is usually done in the very first momments of a date, not after 3 hours.

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

• kkarrabbasskkarrabbass Member Posts: 152

Originally posted by kkarrabbass

Originally posted by Thorqemada I give a game 3 hours to give me a good first ipression...

Well, the first Impression is usually done in the very first momments of a date, not after 3 hours.

Well, it is a delusion of very young edge. With some bad experience, and few years later you might find even 3 hours not long enough. Of course it is if you are capable of learning from your mistakes.