Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need to buy or can i just subscribe ?

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

hey ^^

admitting, im curious :p

im not giving 50.-(enter your currency here) to buy it but i would not mind to subscribe just to have more time deciding if its for me or not.

so, is there a "must buy to subscribe and play" ?

Comments

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Yes. Box price and sub fee.
  • david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

It's really hard to  believe your an advanced member here at MMORPG and you ask this question, really? yawn :O

Peace

Lascer

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by david361107

It's really hard to  believe your an advanced member here at MMORPG and you ask this question, really? yawn :O

Peace

Lascer

Whats wrong with that question ?

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Should have been curious sooner, you'll need to really squeeze in the savings now.

3 weeks left for early access.  That's going to be:

1. Standard edition -  Save 20 dollars a week

2. Collectors edition - Save  26 dollars a week

4 weeks if you don't care about early access.  That's going to be:

1. Standard edition - Save 15 dollars a week

2.  Collectors edition - save 20 dollars a week.

I'd personally save up for standard edition early access for the bonuses, and then save up money for CE upgrade after release.  Good luck.  Work Hard!

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by Massive9

So anyone who knows less than you about the game is a troll now? Even if they say nothing negative about the game in their OP?

just wow...

If you'd have taken two secs and looked at his previous posts you'd know he knows quite a bit about ESO. A little research goes a long way.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by rawfox

hey ^^

admitting, im curious :p

im not giving 50.-(enter your currency here) to buy it but i would not mind to subscribe just to have more time deciding if its for me or not.

so, is there a "must buy to subscribe and play" ?

I would say the correct answer is: try and get yourself into the beta test.

Whilst that will only give you a limited time to decide whether might like the game it may be enough.

And if you like it then it will be a case of waiting until the price has come down to ... whatever you think is reasonable.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    your joking right?

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by whisperwynd

So anyone who knows less than you about the game is a troll now? Even if they say nothing negative about the game in their OP?

just wow...

If you'd have taken two secs and looked at his previous posts you'd know he knows quite a bit about ESO. A little research goes a long way.

So he/she knows quite a bit about the game but not so much about the pricing model. What's your point? He wasn't bashing the game at all or trolling, you made that bit up yourself so you had something to attack.

Again, had you read his previous posts you'd know where he stands on the topic. I only agreed with another poster. 

If you dislike the game or like the poster, fine. I have as much right posting my feelings about his post as you do about mine. Mmmk? Have a nice day.  image

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

I agree, he is just trolling to get attention. Guess thats what trolls do.

!/10

PS. Not sure he is trolling? Just look at his postiing history! lol

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Has there ever been a sub game without needing to buy it first?

Yeah. I'm leaning toward the OP just pretending not to know so he can stir up  another f2P vs. P2P debate

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

Where is this coming from?

Every MMO that I have played that had a sub also required a game purchase.

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

Yes ESO will be the first MMO ever to give you the option to either

1) Pay 60/80$ and a sub

or 

2) Pay 0$ and a sub

the choice is yours!

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    So i went though this guy's history and he seems like a nice guy, unlike the general mmorpg.com hate filled trolls. He also knows when his MMO preferences are personal opinions as well. So, i am not sure how he doesn't know about ESO's business plan or why he is asking such a simple question but he sure doesn't look like the rest of the mmorpg.com forum trolls.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Aulliwyn
    Yes. Box price and sub fee.

Box price, first month free. So essentially no sub fee, if not playing over the first month.

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

I was interested in a Ferrari. Do I have to buy it or can I just pay for the gas and insurance and decide if I'll buy it a few months later?

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Originally posted by Iselin

Yes, plenty.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

of course baby its shit and pay is the law of the land.

we have a saying like that in s.a

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    It's called a trial op.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Originally posted by Torvaldr

Lineage. It's the second most successful sub game in the world with around a million subscribers and sub revenue second only to WoW. It's not available in NA or EU anymore though.

Nice try but both Lineage and Lineage II had a retail cost.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Lawlmonster

Yes, plenty.

Yeah such as? And no, F2P games don't count ...we're talking sub games.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• wsoul1wsoul1 Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Buy it from some where other than the official site.  Getgames has it for $68/$51 and you still get the early start and explorer pack.
This discussion has been closed.