Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: In what category of the MMO market you think you belong?

KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685

#1 (You find yourself spending $ often on popular MMO's both newly released and old ones.You are often contained/happy with what's released and the $ you spent on it.)

#2 (You spend your $ more cautiosly...wait for reviews, players feedback months after release and most likely you end up buying/playing popular MMO, especially after good promos/deals).

#3 (You've only spent $ on 1-3 MMO's in the last 3 years)

#4  (You've only spent $ on 1-3 MMO's in the last 3 years that were released 3+ years ago)

Publishers, companies, developers target the first category and sadly based on this poll I'm in the last category. So, obvioslly I'm not the targeted audience lol...How about you?

Comments

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    I'm in the first category, though I'm hoping to finally find one that I can stick with.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Used to belong in Category 1 but am now in Category 4 sadly.
  • AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Used to be Cat1, now it's more like the third one for me. Rarely buy new ones when I don't have time to finish the ones I already have!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Category 3 for the most part. I typically have stuck with the mmo I am playing and mostly ignore anything new coming out, until I get sick of the current mmo. Although I've spent a bit more on mmos the last couple of years than I normally do.
  • Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    I'm sort of in the second, I only spend money for games after they've been in "the wild" for at least 4-6 months, have had the bugs worked out, have a lot of actual experience and reviews and have a free trial so I can see what I'm getting into before I pay one red cent.  Then, maybe I'll buy the game.  Otherwise, I will not.  They have to EARN my money, I don't give it away for free.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Category 3, but it's not because I'm super reluctant to spend money, it's because I've had a lot of difficulty finding MMOs I want to play.  The types of MMOs I'm interested in tend not to get much press so I don't hear about them unless I really put some time and effort into looking. :/
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Category #3 for me, thanks to GW2. I bought the box. That was the LAST MMO expenditure I made. No, wait. I also bought TSW cheap for $10 last year sometime, but never play it.

Prior to that, I subbed 3 years to EQ (about $650), then about 7 years off and on to City of Heroes (about $700) and also during that time, played WoW off and on for about 3 years (about $600) and then went to play Wizard101 for a little over 1 year (about $120). I have money to spend. I am willing to spend it. Too bad MMO companies want to have F2P players that spend nothing in their games...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

None of the above.

Unless I am mistaken and read the poll wrong (sorry if I did)  there is no

"You buy every MMO that comes out and hate them all but will probably keep buying them anyways."

• Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077

I'm not in any of those categories as I don't play games like it's underwear.

It has to have a paladin class, and it has to have some longevity to invest time and effort (and money) in the game. Has neither, I wouldn't even look at the game and write it off at the get go.