Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Rift: The Long-Term Impact of F2P

124»

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Ender4

Game is still too expensive even if it is free. The combat and movement are just awful. Kind of a shame because the rest of it is decent for a WoW clone.

It's a shame you feel that way honestly, I felt that the combat and movement was just as responsive as WoW if not better. To each their own though :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Mischiff

I still get on and play RIFT, i like it a lot, has many things i like doing , from BG's to questing, dungeons .. fishing .. i dont get bored .. ESO might drag me away though... least for longer periods of time... if i like the PVP.

I left LOTRO after they went free to play .. i had a level 60 minstrel and 46 Lore-Master .. but i wasnt going to PAY to do quest in zones .. quest that i had already started on and picked up, i had to now pay to finish them or to do them entirely and that just turned me right off from the game.   IMHO its one of the worst F2P models out there ... period !

I like Rift and still play it.  I have not subbed in a while though, don't have the time to justify playing it that much.

As to the comment about Lotro, it was hilarious.  I have all expansions and quest areas, all storage, multiple mounts, etc and I think I have subbed a couple times.  Doubt I have spent more than $45 on the game.  Spent much much more on Rift.  So much for a bad f2p model in Lotro.  I do like Rift's model too though.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    I think f2p sealed its fate.  Once you go from selling new features added to game and rich content to storylines and focus only on making items and new ways to sell things in your cash shop, you've literally killed your game.   Free to play crowd is becoming ever so more demanding of a game in the way of trying to get things for free that eventually the money will dry up when the past sub customers stop buying store items and leave the game from lack of content and just plain bordem of no new features.    Look at all those SOE Games that just had to shut down because no ne content offered and all free to play.
  • fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314

I have no need to pay for anything in the cash shop. All I do is log on to do WF's. Now you might be thinking, "you need to buy some pvp stuff in the shop to stay competative" well the beauty is that I'll never get max pvp rank. I'm sitting at rank 61 and as long as I level up slowly, which I'm trying to do, it will be a long time before gear matters.

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!