Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spent some time at AA RU

2»

Comments

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Originally posted by dave6660
    Originally posted by Zadawn
    Originally posted by dave6660

If the game is as bad as you're making it out to be, why did you play for 90 hours?

Maybe because he hoped it gets better as he progresses? He tried to give the game a fair chance before exclamating his opinions about it?

Then the OP is a much more patient person than I am.  If I'm still not having fun after about 3-4 hours then I uninstall.  As I get older I'm finding that number is steadily declining too.  With my schedule, 90 hours is about 5-6 weeks of play.  I can't imagine subjecting myself to that in the name of "fairness" to a video game.

I agree you with here - "Fairness to a video game" - what is that anyway? 5h? 20h? 100?

A single player game usually is done after anywhere from 20-50h. Now I know that MMOs are different, but, say at least after 1 week ingame, ca 6-10h one should be able to click with it, esp. if it is a complex one like, say, EVE. Again, even there though, if you can't get hooked on the basics, which should be somewhere below 6 hours or so....

A touchy subject o/c.

Back to the OP - thanks for sharing your thoughts, even though personal, it feels like it it with any hyped game - there is no miracle MMO.

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303
    I´ve spent now some few hours i though this game was no faction but why is this splitted in east and west faction?
  • KeksXKeksX Member Posts: 47
    You're misinformed, there are two NPC factions that you will only leave once you join a player faction(not in the game yet)
  • crainey92crainey92 Member UncommonPosts: 17

Just started playing in the Russian beta myself along with a friend. We are having a ton of fun at the moment and honestly this is the first MMO that has genuinely impressed me since I first learnt of EVE Online 5 or so years ago (and I play A LOT of games). The game world is just so massive and yet detailed, so easy to get lost in. Tons of content and activities to get involved in, though I haven't experienced much of any of that yet (i've followed the game for a long time so I know what to expect).

I can sympathise with your complaints of the combat being less than ideal, but at the same time I think it is better than your average MMO. My guildies who have all played up to cap seem to enjoy the PVP, though honestly I don't see how the combat could foster good PVP.

People's expectations of MMOs these days are a bit exaggerated IMO. I used to be among those who trashed games because they weren't the next WoW, where I could escape from the bullshti of reality into a virtual world. another life. After having my hopes crushed by a number of MMO releases in the years past I got over it and learned to appreciate that if you spend 90 hours or even more than 40 enjoying a game before you start disliking it then you done good. These days I rarely find a singleplayer game let alone an MMO that keeps my interest the length of the story.

Anyway; I will be over here enjoying ArcheAge, pass by my stream twitch.tv/crainey92 to see if I got bored of it by the time you read this post or if you want to discuss/see it for yourself.