Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.0.1 Discussion- What do you think?

Comments

• ZenIrishChaiZenIrishChai Member UncommonPosts: 527
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by elocke
    New patch has made this the Diablo 3 I was waiting for.  So fun, so good, addictive, all builds feel viable, just a blast.  Can't wait for the expack to add even more goodness now that the base game is "fixed".

I was playing a cold build .. but then i got an legendary amulet with 25% damage + in arcane, and i switch my build. This is exactly the kind of build variety goodness i want in a ARPG.

I'm with you on loving the build variety goodness. It's weird how different it feels because I don't think I ever had a build before the patch where every skill could play off another one like this. I have a pretty hilarious cold build on my monk right now that lets me just about knockback, pull, aoe, or dash anywhere I want around slowed/chilled mobs. It's like I'm some kind of martial artist nightcrawler slowing time and teleporting all over the place. The devs seem to have spent a lot of time working on synergies between skills and sub-effects this time. I've gone through several builds already of pretty fun combinations depending on the loot drops I get with specific skill bonuses.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by skyline385

Also, there are people who reached the cap two years and are not still stuck leveling their character. So, Blizzard are not "subtly pushing people to play ROS to progress to the highest levels". It's well due, the people have been waiting for an expac to show up

and so what they are?

I am more than happy to be "pushed to play RoS" .. because it will be fun for me. While i am excited about a new act .. the best part of RoS will be infinitely random dungeons, and a new class.

Originally posted by IrishChai
    Originally posted by elocke
    New patch has made this the Diablo 3 I was waiting for.  So fun, so good, addictive, all builds feel viable, just a blast.  Can't wait for the expack to add even more goodness now that the base game is "fixed".

I was playing a cold build .. but then i got an legendary amulet with 25% damage + in arcane, and i switch my build. This is exactly the kind of build variety goodness i want in a ARPG.

I'm with you on loving the build variety goodness. It's weird how different it feels because I don't think I ever had a build before the patch where every skill could play off another one like this. I have a pretty hilarious cold build on my monk right now that lets me just about knockback, pull, aoe, or dash anywhere I want around slowed/chilled mobs. It's like I'm some kind of martial artist nightcrawler slowing time and teleporting all over the place. The devs seem to have spent a lot of time working on synergies between skills and sub-effects this time. I've gone through several builds already of pretty fun combinations depending on the loot drops I get with specific skill bonuses.

Very true. And even just DPS skills can feel so so differently.

I was using glacier spike & frozen orb (cold build) before .. it is freezing and blowing mobs up with big projectiles. Now i am using a disintegration beam build (with arc lightning to replenish mana and archon for burst) and it feels very different slicing a path out of mobs.

I think the variety of

a) physical characteristics of attacks (from different type of range attack to movement attacks of barb & monks

b) syneries

c) situational tactics (like when to use archon to burst, and find a group to build up archon damage first)

are great. Best combat in a ARPG, or any RPG for that matter. Blizz is rich enough to afford to build up so so many skills. Very few games, even good ARPGs (like Van Helsing) does not have this great variety.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    Against better judgement I tried it out briefly.  Got a couple of legendaries which was nice.  As always, D3 has the best combat in any ARPG hands down.  I still think I'll mainly stick with Marvel Heroes for a while.  As I already said, a lot rides on how well they designed loot drops and the BOA system and the game can't be fairly judged until a month or two after release and people are firmly entrenched in trying to get perfect loot.

I play both D3 and Marvel Heroes. There is little reason to choose between the two because no one has to play just one ARPGs.

I only have time to grind in one game at a time.  Right now MH has the better rewards for me personally.

RoS has a ways to go before it fills my D2 needs.  Paragons really aren't rewarding enough to me.

• DKLondDKLond Member RarePosts: 2,273

New patch makes the game feel much, much better.

That said, they should have kept the RMAH - and enabled a "no AH" mode for characters, like hardcore mode is a separate option. Drops should then be balanced around AH and no AH modes - and no AH characters would only be able to play with other no AH characters.

RMAH gave the game perspective and extra longevity - and it added an interesting meta game dealing with actual money.

The problem was how loot was balanced - and that Inferno made it feel like you needed to use the AH.

They should have balanced it around the AH - not removed it entirely. I'm truly sad to see it go.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Against better judgement I tried it out briefly.  Got a couple of legendaries which was nice.  As always, D3 has the best combat in any ARPG hands down.  I still think I'll mainly stick with Marvel Heroes for a while.  As I already said, a lot rides on how well they designed loot drops and the BOA system and the game can't be fairly judged until a month or two after release and people are firmly entrenched in trying to get perfect loot.

I play both D3 and Marvel Heroes. There is little reason to choose between the two because no one has to play just one ARPGs.

I only have time to grind in one game at a time.  Right now MH has the better rewards for me personally.

RoS has a ways to go before it fills my D2 needs.  Paragons really aren't rewarding enough to me.

I just started MH 2 days ago. What exactly is the end-game there?

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

the changes are nice but still no pvp.

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139

I was about to say that :D

All those changes and no pvp

/thisisd31.0 /wedidntlearnanythingatall

Originally posted by skyline385

I just started MH 2 days ago. What exactly is the end-game there?

Doing cosmic terminals? Replaying the stories?

Or don't play the "end-game". Just level up another heroes. There are so many of them.

Originally posted by baphamet

I think it is really hard to balance all those skills for pvp. This game should not have pvp, and blizz should not have promised it.

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139
    Originally posted by baphamet

I think it is really hard to balance all those skills for pvp. This game should not have pvp, and blizz should not have promised it.

The original intent was not to balance anything but still have pvp. Just how Diablo 2 wasn't balanced for pvp but you could open PVP or have unofficial duels outside of Rogue Encampment :D

/thosewerethedays

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

Preface: 

I haven't touched d3 on pc in months. Got really boring. Loot was bad. General chat was 3rd party spammers paradise. We didn't get any love on pc since October 2012 w/ infernal machine content (if you don't count higher mob density patch). I was disappointed to say the least.

Today:

I think patch 2.0.1 is refreshing - *except bind-on-account*

I rolled my last hero I needed to 60 (demon-hunter) these last few days.

I had fun and loot drops were satisfying overall as I leveled (I had bad rng on amulets/legs). I had enough good gear which included after level 20, usually 3 legendaries on my hero at anytime in slot. Found blacksmith & jewelcrafting recipes. For awhile I picked up blue/white gear for breakdown into crafting mats.

I like the new affixes on some of the legendaries. I do hope RoS brings more legendaries with more variety in affixes. If not at release then down the road.

Paragon 2.0 is an upgrade to the old system. I can now invest points into stats, life regen, crit chance etc  All my characters share same paragon level so my magicfind now is based mainly on difficulty rather then the old system where I would have to farm on my highest paragon character.

When I take into consideration level cap raises to 70 come RoS, the leveling progression to me felt about right.

If diablo 3 would have released in this state patch 2.0.1, with no auction house, then it would not have faced so much negative press.

I was not going to pre-order RoS before this patch, regardless of wings.

I am now seriously contemplating on doing so.

Originally posted by Reham34

So I just beat the game for the 1st time on normal mode.  I bought it at launch better never was that interested in it.  So with the new patch tried it again and really enjoyed it this weekend.  

So now that I beat it on normal and level 37 do I run it again on hard, then the next difficult?  Or do I pick and choose acts/quest and farm Xp? 

It depends what is fun to you.

I have well geared L60, and i still reset the quests, and am going through the story again. It is fun with all the quests, and that i have to go through all the areas again. I wouldn't do it back-to-back .. but fun if i do it once in a while.

Originally posted by Dwarfman420

If diablo 3 would have released in this state patch 2.0.1, with no auction house, then it would not have faced so much negative press.

Hindsight, of course, is 20-20. I would much prefer late rather than never. You can argue that Blizz took risks, and it went too far, and they are now reining it back in.

Note that the difficulty was also atrocious (too easy in normal, too hard in inferno act 2 and above) when it was first release. It took them some time to find the right system for challenge too.

I tend to look at this as an evolving and always getting better game.

Originally posted by baphamet the changes are nice but still no pvp.

pvp was a big part of the diablo series, its what kept me playing for years.

yes it should be in the game.

Originally posted by Ryoshi1
    Originally posted by nariusseldon Originally posted by baphamet the changes are nice but still no pvp.
    The original intent was not to balance anything but still have pvp. Just how Diablo 2 wasn't balanced for pvp but you could open PVP or have unofficial duels outside of Rogue Encampment :D

/thosewerethedays

yes they were the days indeed!

even the OP class's could be countered with cheap tactics that people hated. :)

bring that kind of shit back and i will be content, let it be unbalanced.

• SikhanderSikhander Member UncommonPosts: 220

For me 2.0.1 is basically a new game. And they have done almost everything right this time - which is the polar opposite of the release version.

I love it.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    The new patch is just pure awesomeness. Can't wait for the 25th to play RoS.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Agree, I get it about Diablo 2 now :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by fivoroth

yep, just wish i could play right now, im bored

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

You could always play D3 now before the expansion goes live. I'm leveling my Hardcore Barb and enjoying the 50% xp buff we are getting right now.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

I played the console version heavily for several months, the 2.0.1 for PC feels like the same as the console version, so yes, I'd say it is much better. I got to Paragon level 24 on Console before I got burnt out, so I won't be investing much into the PC version this time around, as I already experienced loot 2.0.

I'm glad Blizzard listened to their fans, but there are still a few things I don't care for. I still find myself wanting to play D2 sometimes, but I don't get that feeling much about D3. I think it's the lack of dueling/pvp end game. That was pretty much the whole point of playing D2 online back in the day.

Glad you guys are all enjoying what the console players have been enjoying for several months now! It really is a lot more fun!

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

You could always play D3 now before the expansion goes live. I'm leveling my Hardcore Barb and enjoying the 50% xp buff we are getting right now.

I meant the servers are down,  I have been playing a bit since last patch

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Reading the patch notes now. Looks amazing. Probably going to start a character over to get the feel for it again and then get the expansion when it drops.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

I played the console version heavily for several months, the 2.0.1 for PC feels like the same as the console version, so yes, I'd say it is much better. I got to Paragon level 24 on Console before I got burnt out, so I won't be investing much into the PC version this time around, as I already experienced loot 2.0.

I'm glad Blizzard listened to their fans, but there are still a few things I don't care for. I still find myself wanting to play D2 sometimes, but I don't get that feeling much about D3. I think it's the lack of dueling/pvp end game. That was pretty much the whole point of playing D2 online back in the day.

Glad you guys are all enjoying what the console players have been enjoying for several months now! It really is a lot more fun!

What you have on the console version is not the same as what's on the PC at the moment. The PC version is superior and will be even better when the expansion comes. This is one of the few games which launch on the PC first and the consoles have to wait. It feels so good for a change :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.