Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQNext F2P, too pricey?

13»

Comments

• RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

Why is this even a discussion?  The price mentioned isn't the price of playing the finished product which will be released later this year.  The price is for access to earlier versions of the game, development input and special in game items.

If you don't want to buy those thing, and you still want to play the game. Wait a few months, we've been told by SOE that it will be finished this year and available for free. 

I'm sorry, this is obviously an attempt to troll by the OP. I can't see it being anything else, because I don't think anyone would really be that short sighted.

Edit* Well, either that or just an ill informed poster. There are plenty of those around.

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Originally posted by Raunu

Why is this even a discussion?  The price mentioned isn't the price of playing the finished product which will be released later this year.  The price is for access to earlier versions of the game, development input and special in game items.

If you don't want to buy those thing, and you still want to play the game. Wait a few months, we've been told by SOE that it will be finished this year and available for free. 

I'm sorry, this is obviously an attempt to troll by the OP. I can't see it being anything else, because I don't think anyone would really be that short sighted.

Edit* Well, either that or just an ill informed poster. There are plenty of those around.

This post here pretty much sums it all up. Just read the OP, and then read Raunu's post here. It will save you time.

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    SNE = Greed. Wasnt that clear since forever?

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• EightBitNinjaEightBitNinja Member UncommonPosts: 34

image    I found this amusing.

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

[...]

How can you ask $100 for a game in beta??

No? Then have a look at Elite Dangerous (which is in alpha state). Anyway, I fully agree. Both is outright insane. Companies should rather pay us for testing their games they later will melk us with, not the other way around! As long we're going to eat that we are guilty as well...

• PednickPednick Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Darwa
    That's for Everquest Next: Landmark. There's no price been mentioned for Everquest Next.

Exactly, Everquest Next will be a free client download just like every f2p game, these other one's mentioned are either the land mark or early to beta extra stuff game clients.

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt"