Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this pay-to-win?

brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

Noticed the ads for this game lately on MMORPG and thought I'd look into what it is.  Seems to be a mix between Diablo and Dungeon Keeper.  And it COULD be fun, judging on the concept.  But I notice it's free to play, with a cash shop.  They also have a "premium currency" in addition to the in-game gold.  So, my question is, from anyone who has played, is this pay-to-win?

Does the premium currency make all the difference in building up a character or building your castle?  Is this going to be a game where people who have put in a bunch of money destroy everyone?  I'm not someone who won't pay anything for a free-to-play if it's good.  But when the game is about competition, I'm not throwing tons of money in order to win.

So, anyone have input on this?

Comments

• ArmorDillianArmorDillian Member UncommonPosts: 275

Yes I have played it for a week on and off, and there is no such thing as pay to win, all you can buy is cosmetic anything else you can grind to get. Ofc people how pay will it get it faster than the poor ones :)

But one thing , its an incredible boring game without any deapth what so ever and I have deleted it from my HD.

Thanks and sorry for my english

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    No it's not. If you want watch this first impression video 
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    So what if it is?
  • stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185

it used to be, but not anymore. they did so many changes that the game is just littered with bugs and of course OP combos to kill you instantly.

the problem i have with the game is.... it's not optimized graphically. the game lags like hell for me (and yes to all you "durr did you check min. requirements durr durr" i did).

my research shows this has been a problem for well over a year and the ubisofts devs are clueless as to why. i see other threads on steam with the same problems but no one knows the solution.

that is why i don't play it anymore. for being in closed beta for over a year.... it certainly wasn't ready to be released. guess they had to milk the "buy into closed beta for 30 bucks" for a while.

• mayankingmayanking Member UncommonPosts: 162
    its not its really fun but its currently really unbalanced. but its open beta
  • Vexus_XVexus_X Member UncommonPosts: 57

It is not Pay2Win, at least not anymore.

Sure, if you pay for boosts and what not, you can get some better drops and eventually have better gear than your free-playing counterpart, but better gear will not save you from a massive amount of traps set by a crafty dungeon maker.

Free to play, and worth trying. You see that some people blow away others' times, and you know they have good gear. Keep in mind at max level, you downrank for certain dungeons, so it feels balanced yet beneficial that you have higher tier gear.

Anyway, it's in Beta but I am enjoying it a lot. Try it out. Once you get some kills in your own dungeon things make sense ;)

It is a game where you pit your action-Diablo-style skills vs. someone else's crafty dungeon-making skills. And then you get to craft your own dungeon and pit that against anyone who dares step foot in your door. Very satisfying to dominate someone's dungeon, or check yours and see you've had some kills in your own.