Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will Trion's AA be different than RU/KR?

KattycakeKattycake Member Posts: 37

Basically, in what ways do you think the NA/EU version of ArcheAge will be different?

In the most recent Trion update: https://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/02/to-seoul-and-back-again/

They've stated that this Western version will be geared toward the Sandbox elements. What does that entail?

Less Delphi Stars to buy house/boat stuff? Reduced labor point usage?

xoxo

Comments

• imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104
    I truely cross my finger it will be the case, playing the russian open beta atm, reached lvl 30, i'm enjoying it so far but the way they are doing it, with premium account only being able to "build" and have private farms, when free to play just have to "play" the pve content, is surrounded with a lot, a lot of restrictions everywhere (when you are playing in f2p mode) It's keeping you out of everything the game has to offer actually, some people told me it wasn't the case but yes...

You can't grow stuff or only very limited varieties in public farms, you are pushed outside of these public farms for the real usefull crops / plants / seeds and everyone steals everyone plants, you can't build houses, you can't craft furnitures, can't craft weapons / armors / everything has to be "built" in this game and being a free to play user you are kept away from everything that makes the game interesting and what it is.

I love the game and i love seeing what other are building, god the ferre's warrior armors are nice, human too, love the medieval theme / design and respect of most armors in the game, but i truely hope trion's version will be superior in terms of freedom / content available even to free players.
  • WhitestepWhitestep Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by imagina
    I truely cross my finger it will be the case, playing the russian open beta atm, reached lvl 30, i'm enjoying it so far but the way they are doing it, with premium account only being able to "build" and have private farms, when free to play just have to "play" the pve content, is surrounded with a lot, a lot of restrictions everywhere (when you are playing in f2p mode) It's keeping you out of everything the game has to offer actually, some people told me it wasn't the case but yes... You can't grow stuff or only very limited varieties in public farms, you are pushed outside of these public farms for the real usefull crops / plants / seeds and everyone steals everyone plants, you can't build houses, you can't craft furnitures, can't craft weapons / armors / everything has to be "built" in this game and being a free to play user you are kept away from everything that makes the game interesting and what it is. I love the game and i love seeing what other are building, god the ferre's warrior armors are nice, human too, love the medieval theme / design and respect of most armors in the game, but i truely hope trion's version will be superior in terms of freedom / content available even to free players.

I'm also playing on russian server, and that's not true that you're limited atleast not that dramaticaly as you picture it.

You can build any thing that can move so basically every ship , every tank ect. yes for high end game armor you need a house with the working station in it , but you can be invited into a premium players house as a family member and you can use his working station , farms ect. and plant everything.So primarly join a guild and make friends there who will allow you to use their house that's it. About working points you need to buy a potion that recover you 500 working points.You can ask for armor or weapon from guild.

Peace

• arunasmearunasme Member UncommonPosts: 129

It will be the same, when was the last time you saw the same game differ in mechanics over diferent regions? Yeah... EN support, increased xp rates, increased "random mechanic value or possibility" and maybe a few new mounts, perks. Thats all you'll get.

The original developer has enough things to deal with; like continued development of the game, supporting numerous other regions with bug fixes and updates,

I'd doubt they'll change game mechanics for ONE REGION because they would have to take that into consideration each time they make a big change to the core game and patch that exclusively to our region. Not happening, anyway the game is as boring as can be, take a spin on RU, one week top's and you'll lose interest in even starting up the game the next morning.

• imaginaimagina Member Posts: 104
    I don't know if you are playing the same game but from my experience, i can't even craft a scarecrow for the public garden it says "only premium accounts can build" so if you aren't even able to craft a scarecrow i don't see myself being able to build a boat, isn't it ?

Only premium accounts can have private garden where you can farm / grow any kind of crops.

I'm almost sure you can't build a "big" boat or even a sailing boat, you can still have the little slow boat from a quest, you're not actually crafting it, it's given to you and it's applied in the water as if it was a "skill".
  • KattycakeKattycake Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by arunasme

It will be the same, when was the last time you saw the same game differ in mechanics over diferent regions? Yeah... EN support, increased xp rates, increased "random mechanic value or possibility" and maybe a few new mounts, perks. Thats all you'll get.

The original developer has enough things to deal with; like continued development of the game, supporting numerous other regions with bug fixes and updates,

I'd doubt they'll change game mechanics for ONE REGION because they would have to take that into consideration each time they make a big change to the core game and patch that exclusively to our region. Not happening, anyway the game is as boring as can be, take a spin on RU, one week top's and you'll lose interest in even starting up the game the next morning.

(I think, at least) they changed the KR/CH/JP version and the RU differently. The lower Asian region has update 1.0 and I think the RU version, although still limited, is not limited as much. I could be wrong, but all I saw was that RU version did not get the 1.0 update.

And the article from Trion? Sure I can hope they will keep their promise. From what is looks like is that they really are trying to make the West version more sandboxy because here we like sandcox wheras (from what I have heard, no stereotyping/offence) is just that that part of Asia likes grind because getting to the top faster is a type of honor. 

We just have different cultural values, and Trion acknowledges that. I'm not sure about RU & if they are more toward the lower/eastern Asia or like us. So I do think and hope Trion will allow us to build some things and to make money off of the shop, offer aesthetic items.

xoxo

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by arunasme
    Not happening, anyway the game is as boring as can be, take a spin on RU, one week top's and you'll lose interest in even starting up the game the next morning.

Let me guess... You have no interest in all that is non-combat? If you are the kind of player that is only satisfied by killing things, ie combat, combat, combat. AA probably isn't your thing.

Those who are open to more than just non-stop killing will likely call AA home for a very long time.

• ahashimbergahashimberg Member Posts: 1

Dam the f2p of Ru started to give me headache with the "only premium accounts can build".. and that means a lot in the game Q.Q.

They need to implement a possibility to sale the premium with game currency on brokers. and they ll make more money.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524
    Originally posted by imagina
    I don't know if you are playing the same game but from my experience, i can't even craft a scarecrow for the public garden it says "only premium accounts can build" so if you aren't even able to craft a scarecrow i don't see myself being able to build a boat, isn't it ? Only premium accounts can have private garden where you can farm / grow any kind of crops. I'm almost sure you can't build a "big" boat or even a sailing boat, you can still have the little slow boat from a quest, you're not actually crafting it, it's given to you and it's applied in the water as if it was a "skill".

Can you even immagine the chaos if everyone could build a house or farm? Immagine the thousands of fake accounts just to get more places to build.

You couldn't even place a scarecrow, and it's already hard as it is. It's 6€/month with no box price, surely not very demanding from an MMORPG.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Hope it's going to be the same as the RU one, it's freakin cheap and fair.
  • GrableGrable Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by LlexX
    Hope it's going to be the same as the RU one, it's freakin cheap and fair.

Probably not though :( Russian prices have always been lower than western prices, including MMO subscriptions. Might just stay on RU version myself if Trion's is expensive :D

Originally posted by Killing91

Can you even immagine the chaos if everyone could build a house or farm? Immagine the thousands of fake accounts just to get more places to build.

You couldn't even place a scarecrow, and it's already hard as it is. It's 6€/month with no box price, surely not very demanding from an MMORPG.

I never even thought of this. You're right. 6 euro/9dollar for an MMO is fair enough to me.

Originally posted by Grable
    Probably not though :( Russian prices have always been lower than western prices, including MMO subscriptions. Might just stay on RU version myself if Trion's is expensive :D 

I don't think I'd stay on RU if prices rise, however if Trion does raise to a standard 15/mo, I'm not too sure if I would get premium or not. I think it's fair to keep same price arcross all rregions.

What's China, JP, and Korea's pricing? Did that go up or down?

xoxo

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by Kattycake
    Originally posted by Killing91

I never even thought of this. You're right. 6 euro/9dollar for an MMO is fair enough to me.

Originally posted by Grable

I don't think I'd stay on RU if prices rise, however if Trion does raise to a standard 15/mo, I'm not too sure if I would get premium or not. I think it's fair to keep same price arcross all rregions.

What's China, JP, and Korea's pricing? Did that go up or down?

I will only play this game if there is a sub option that covers everything you need to be top tiered at end game.  If there are any requirements to use the cash shop to compete then its just another trashy F2P game.

Originally posted by goboygo

I will only play this game if there is a sub option that covers everything you need to be top tiered at end game.  If there are any requirements to use the cash shop to compete then its just another trashy F2P game.

Same. I hope they do it as the Russians did. At first I thought it was kinda unfair. However considering you don't have to wait it out as much for labor points & it doesn't give an advantage of 'free land' (as stated before, if it was free, you could just make multiple accounts to get more land). So I wouldn't mind premium =)

Western version sounds awesome so far!

xoxo

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by goboygo

I'm hoping Trion goes this direction. My biggest fear is that there will be LP pots in the cash shop which will just put it right back on the P2W path.

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    They need to scrap the labor point idea for it to have any chance in the west.  No korean game has ever been remotely relevant in the west, and with a cap on fun in place this one has no chance in hell.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by syriinx
    They need to scrap the labor point idea for it to have any chance in the west.  No korean game has ever been remotely relevant in the west, and with a cap on fun in place this one has no chance in hell.

The "labor point idea" is actually a nice and fair way to allow players to do stuff in-game.  While most dislike "dailies", it's sort of like the WoW daily limit ... you can do X dailies per day, no more.  Labor points are a limitation in that respect as well, though players can use them as they see fit through AA's vastness and wide range of activities, not mundane dailies.

If you mean to prevent Trion from adopting a pay-to-win system by selling labor points in the cash-shop, I'm with you on that one.  Selling labor points changes the whole fairness of the game and should not be allowed.

Not sure if that's what you meant though.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Well the biggest difference is the Russian version is live and playable and Trion's is still just a promise.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• syriinxsyriinx Member UncommonPosts: 1,383
    Originally posted by Karteli

The "labor point idea" is actually a nice and fair way to allow players to do stuff in-game.  While most dislike "dailies", it's sort of like the WoW daily limit ... you can do X dailies per day, no more.  Labor points are a limitation in that respect as well, though players can use them as they see fit through AA's vastness and wide range of activities, not mundane dailies.

If you mean to prevent Trion from adopting a pay-to-win system by selling labor points in the cash-shop, I'm with you on that one.  Selling labor points changes the whole fairness of the game and should not be allowed.

Not sure if that's what you meant though.

WoW does not have a daily limit.  You can do as many dailies as you want. They removed the limit a while ago because some people didnt want to have to pick and choose which sets to do.  And dailies are only one small activity in WoW, solo questing.

If I have a day off and i want to devote it to gathering and building in ArcheAge, I can't.  Im eventually going to run out of labor points.  And just about everything non combat is tied to them, so once Im done, its time to log off and do something else.  And many of those people will never bother coming back.

They want to balance between players who have limited play time and players who don't?  look to EvE.  Their system accomplishes that goal without taking fun out of the players hands.  One of the big appeals of a ArchAge is being able to build and create, and ArcheAge only lets you do so much of it.

Like it or loathe it, the system is financial suicide in the west for XL/Trion

WoW does not have a daily limit.  You can do as many dailies as you want. They removed the limit a while ago because some people didnt want to have to pick and choose which sets to do.  And dailies are only one small activity in WoW, solo questing.

If I have a day off and i want to devote it to gathering and building in ArcheAge, I can't.  Im eventually going to run out of labor points.  And just about everything non combat is tied to them, so once Im done, its time to log off and do something else.  And many of those people will never bother coming back.

They want to balance between players who have limited play time and players who don't?  look to EvE.  Their system accomplishes that goal without taking fun out of the players hands.  One of the big appeals of a ArchAge is being able to build and create, and ArcheAge only lets you do so much of it.

Like it or loathe it, the system is financial suicide in the west for XL/Trion

Very good point. If i wanted to devote myself to say, an RP server, and want to help it grow, I am limited to that?

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Well the biggest difference is the Russian version is live and playable and Trion's is still just a promise.

Just a note here that Trion's version has gone through one successful CBT and translations so it is going to happen. I'm just curious as to how?

xoxo

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Kattycake

Basically, in what ways do you think the NA/EU version of ArcheAge will be different?

In the most recent Trion update: https://www.archeagegame.com/en/news/2014/02/to-seoul-and-back-again/

They've stated that this Western version will be geared toward the Sandbox elements. What does that entail?

Less Delphi Stars to buy house/boat stuff? Reduced labor point usage?

ONLY in English text will the game be any different.

If you noticed the RUSSIAN version got an English patch recently and that was because the original team working on English conversion was no longer working on it.I believe the XLgames team took over translation and is still not complete even in that Russian patch.

I would imagine it won't be long now before the translation is complete and we start hearing about public Beta testing in NA.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Oh, I assumed Trion was doing the translation & since the article states that they are trying to make it less Pay to Win I thought other features or differences would be included.

But I guess it's just like the Russian. 

xoxo