Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DOTA2: eSports Event Tickets Going Fast

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 33,120

ESL One Frankfurt is expected to be a well-attended eSports event that will showcase eight of the world's best DOTA 2 teams in a tournament with winners sharing a $150,000 prize package. The event is scheduled to take place in the Commerzbank-Arena and the first round of ticket sales is already sold out.

As event organisers prepare to release the second wave of tickets, ESL’s Managing Director of Pro Gaming reported the company is confident the stadium will be packed. Ulrich Schulze said, “We were absolutely overwhelmed by the speed at which tickets were selling. Seeing so many fans wanting to be there for the biggest Dota 2 event to date has once again assured us that filling a football stadium in eSports is not a fantasy anymore.”

Find out more about the event on the ESL One site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

Poor guy needs to get out in the sunlight and stop topping up that monitor tan.

Looks like an undead character from WoW. Looking like death doesnt represent eSports well but alas i think most pro gamers have that pale skin, black tired eye look :/

If I ran an eSports team id put add in physical fitness classes and sun beds lol

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,415
    I just find esports to be inherently boring.  Much rather play a game than watch someone else do it.  If someone came up to be and told me they were the number one esports winner, I would suggest they find something better to do in life.  
  • KavaedKavaed Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    I just find esports to be inherently boring.  Much rather play a game than watch someone else do it.  If someone came up to be and told me they were the number one esports winner, I would suggest they find something better to do in life.  

Like working in an office then going home and watching whatever fad is on TV, then spending the weekend getting smashed?

Don't berate somthing just because you don't understand it or can't accept new things, this is why we never seem to move along as a society.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Yeah, well with a $150,000 prize if I was a winner and you told me that I probably wouldn't care to be honest... On another note, I really wish I was super good at MOBAs and actually liked them... I mean, that cash prize...

Smile

• FugglyFuggly Member Posts: 141
    Kids today = video game competitions and doritos, kids in my time = hockey at the park and a beer on the way home (curteousy of your friend at the party store via the back door). I don think kids like these have much of a life, i would rather not watch someone with no life other then a video game pounding away at a keyboard. Esports are extremely boring, I would rather play myself and give my wife the finger when she laughs at me dying so much then watch some nerds play.