Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Not Buy ISK from ISK Bank

Just passing a warning here because it has happened to some other people in EVE, and other games.

Just because a Gold Seller Site says that something is Legal Doesn't mean it is, I am not sure how many of you know but I played EVE for 5 years, and over the years sometimes I would use a site called  (IskBank) for purchase of ISK because their site said it was legally obtained currency. Well things have changed perhaps due to management but I purchased an order from their site of over $100 within the last few months only to have it reclaimed by a GM, and PayPal won't refund the money, nor will this company refund the money, so lesson Learned Do not use this site for purchase of RMT goods, they obtain their currency from illegal sources, and hacked accounts.

I support Real Money Trading, as long as items are obtained 100% Legally between friends for example I will give you $20 this weekend to go collect me 100 Copper Ore, totally fine, but this company called ISK-Bank is hacking other peoples accounts, and using scams to obtain ISK which will cause you your loss of your EVE Online Account, and or Money in my case it was a little over $100 US which was lost not my account.

There are legit sites like player auctions, and I have used such services before although using such is a bit risky, my advise to you however if you are looking to make millions of ISK and got a lot of time to do it just buy a second or third account maybe even 10 accounts on a computer for EVE its not that hard to control 10 accounts.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/19890/Iskbankcom-Exposed

Do not buy from this site, because they obtain their ISK illegally, I wil lnot list other sites where you can buy ISK due to TOS, but feel the need to spread the word here tell your friends to avoid ISK Bank.

Currently Known List of ISK Bank Transactions.

. They trade VIA Contract, contracts don't show up in your history which is why when you do a contract its best for you to do it via contract.

. They do Direct Trade which appears in your money log this gets you banned especially since the ISK comes from illegal sources.

. They do a Corp Trade, ISKBank is now doing their trades through Corportations, So that they can avoid GM Bans by trading resources/funds through corp, I am sorry for ratting you out but you cost me $100 You refused to return it to me and practice illegal trades so good luck with your future trades.  Oh and lets just say your characters employment history wont look good when people see you part of a gold sellers corporation.

Also as a General reminder in EVE.

1.) Always Read the Contracts before you accept them.

2.) Never Click odd looking links or give API key to wrong people, or service which may steal your currency.

3.) Don't accept large amounts of currency for Worm-Holes directly traded because if its from a gold seller GM will still reclaim it you won't get it back instead make a CORP, and have the funds paid directly to it.

Instead the GM said themselves if you do a worm-hole trade have the guild or corp leader pay it directly to your Corp Wallet.

Comments

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    Just an FYI there is no LEGAL way to buy ingame currency on any mmo other then those who offer the trade system themselves. If its a 3rd party it is illegal and well be removed..or you can have your account banned as well... Also pay pal wont give the money back because you did receive the product but then had it taken by a GM. So yea lesson learned as you said buy my advice is to buy ingame time plex and sell them.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• hulgarhulgar Member Posts: 93
    You buyed RMT from 3rd party places. You lost the money. Well deseved
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

And I suppose you never wondered what this "PLEX" thingummy was all about...?

"Honestly your honour, I thought the crackhead who sold me your car was legit! Really I did!"

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

It never fails to amaze me how many people feel that "the rules don't apply to them" or that they "don't agree with the rules", so they'll just disregard them.

What always completely stuns me however, is when these same people complain when they are punished for not playing by the rules.

CCP have provided players with a completely legal way of buying ingame currency. However, many people don't want to pay CCP's price, so they decide to buy from 3rd party RMT sites. All 3rd party RMT has been illegal in every MMO I have ever played. The old "but everyone does it" defence is as old as mankind, and utterly useless.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

Serves you right. 

Next time try playing the game instead of looking for ways to cheat your way ahead.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Bottom line is, there is no legal way to obtain isk for Cash, RMT is illegal in Eve, would have to be a total noob to not  know this. I don't really agree with being able to trade Plex, but its more acceptable than the alternative - and given that Plex cost 50% more to buy than a regular subscription, its a method that CCP seem to have regulated pretty well. OP, you broke the terms of the EULA and you were caught doing so, and are trying to trap people into the same mistake by advertising methods that are supposed to circumvent CCP's security measures, they don't work, and i suspect you know this. And anyone fooled into believing what you say will fall foul of CCP and could lose their account.
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

It never fails to amaze me how many people feel that "the rules don't apply to them" or that they "don't agree with the rules", so they'll just disregard them.

What always completely stuns me however, is when these same people complain when they are punished for not playing by the rules.

Yep. I love it when people come on forums and start telling everyone else what is or isn't okay, according to the "alternate rules" they follow, which are of course, modeled entirely around their own personal circumstances, goals and wants.

Thing is, there's already a set of established rules in place, thoughtfully devised and implemented by the people who actually own and run the game/service I'm playing/using, and who possess the unique ability (unlike the OP) to perma-ban my account if I choose to ignore and replace their rules with my own.

To the OP's credit, in their own misguided way, they're at least attempting to help prevent people from being screwed over by RMT.

So, I guess the overall message from the OP is: "Cheat responsibly". 

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398

Lol, paying money to people who did nothing to develop or maintain the game is bad? Who would have thunk.

Happy you didn`t get to keep it, though, given you are genuine and not just some broke game developer trying to hurt his nemesis in any little way he can :)

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

CCP have provided players with a completely legal way of buying ingame currency. However, many people don't want to pay CCP's price, so they decide to buy from 3rd party RMT sites. All 3rd party RMT has been illegal in every MMO I have ever played. The old "but everyone does it" defence is as old as mankind, and utterly useless.

+1 this. Even when provided with a legit way to spend cash for in-game currency, some use shady services and then complain.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    What's the point of "buying gold" from thirdparty sources in a game where the developer sells ingame currency directly on their own website? It must be seriously cheaper or what?
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    What's the point of "buying gold" from thirdparty sources in a game where the developer sells ingame currency directly on their own website? It must be seriously cheaper or what?

CCP do not sell in game currency at all. What they do allow, is for people to buy Plex, and either use it themselves, or trade it in game with other players, for Isk.  image

But i do agree, the RMT traders do sell isk cheaper the difference is, if you get caught using them, and eventually they all are, the players who bought the Isk lose that isk, which can cause their in game balance to go into serious negative figures, this can cripple a player as without isk, they cannot buy clones, in game death then means they lose SP's which can set them back literally months/years.. and of course, a repeat offender can lose their account. Its a bit like playing Russian Roulette with most of the barrels loaded with hollow point explosive ammo image

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

While i am pretty much falling off my chair laughing (reading ToS and EULA is good i heard) i have to wonder if this is not just a sad attempt to market their site as goldbuyers are oblivious any way and only dictated by price.

Should this for some reason be true... And my inner devil gleefully hope it is... i hope that the original poster actually learnt a lesson and stay the frack away from gold-sellers from now on... But knowing his/her type my bet is on the nugget moving on to the next "legit" seller.

I can only pray that CCP perma-bans his/her arse the next time.

This have been a good conversation

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by AntiGoldSellerr

"my advise to you however if you are looking to make millions of ISK and got a lot of time to do it just buy a second or third account maybe even 10 accounts on a computer for EVE its not that hard to control 10 accounts."

Why make millions when you could make billions..?

Take that 150 dollars you'd spend on 10 accounts and buy 7 PLEX and then sell that PLEX for 4 billion ISK.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

i dont like gold sellers in fact i outright hate them, but what exactly makes buying ot fro a third party illegal i mean it was earned one way or another or paid for so its not like the company is being cheated, unless of course it was hacked or gained via a exploit, but even then i fail to see how if they could track it to the player who bought it why it wasnt tracked to the person who did it in first place, 

ths sounds like a bad system is in place to me and it should be gone over and altered, it makes no sence to punish people who arnt actully doing anything wrong,

on the flip side incourageing gold traders is never good for the game and i always oppose it, but then its CCPs own fault for haveing a currrency in game with real value thats just stupid.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• cupofcoffeecupofcoffee Member Posts: 13

My opinion: ppl like that (op) are the reason bots and spammers and hackers exist. Well, each is entitled to 'play' however they want...maybe game devs should implement 'win-buttons' in mmos: Press this for 1000€/$ and you win the game!

Originally posted by Squeak69

i dont like gold sellers in fact i outright hate them, but what exactly makes buying ot fro a third party illegal i mean it was earned one way or another or paid for so its not like the company is being cheated, unless of course it was hacked or gained via a exploit, but even then i fail to see how if they could track it to the player who bought it why it wasnt tracked to the person who did it in first place, 

ths sounds like a bad system is in place to me and it should be gone over and altered, it makes no sence to punish people who arnt actully doing anything wrong,

on the flip side incourageing gold traders is never good for the game and i always oppose it, but then its CCPs own fault for haveing a currrency in game with real value thats just stupid.

Its illegal in all the MMO's i've ever played, and they all have currency that can be considered to have a 'real world' value. Which is why RMT is such a plague on MMO's in general. And its not punishing the 'innocent' as you seem to think, but punishing those who deliberately, and knowingly break the terms of the EULA, which every player agrees to when they start playing these MMO's. One of the reasons why CCP is able to 'police' their own currency, is because they don't have to deal with 'millions' of players, although i can imagine that even 500k must challenge them sometimes, but as all transactions are recorded in game, there is always a 'paper trail' to be followed, sometimes this means that people who helped 'launder' the currency are caught up in the cross fire, but its a price that has to be paid, because failing to do so would wreck Eve's economy.image

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258
    The difference between buying from gold sellers compared to regular players is that in the first case you're actually creating gold in the economy (since goldsellers do not disclose their gold anywhere else), and such gold was illegally obtained (from botting, in massive scale). It tends to create inflation.
  • GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Phry
    *snip*

You remind me of someone, can't quite place who.... hmm! ;)

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • ChromeBallzChromeBallz Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by Squeak69
    i dont like gold sellers in fact i outright hate them, but what exactly makes buying ot fro a third party illegal i mean it was earned one way or another or paid for so its not like the company is being cheated, unless of course it was hacked or gained via a exploit, but even then i fail to see how if they could track it to the player who bought it why it wasnt tracked to the person who did it in first place, ths sounds like a bad system is in place to me and it should be gone over and altered, it makes no sence to punish people who arnt actully doing anything wrong,on the flip side incourageing gold traders is never good for the game and i always oppose it, but then its CCPs own fault for haveing a currrency in game with real value thats just stupid.

You do realize that most of the ingame currency those sites sell comes from hacked accounts, right? Why do you think MMO accounts are being hacked so much? It's purely to strip them down and get all the money they can from them, to then sell it to unsuspecting people who don't even think about why gold selling is bad.

Then those people who have bought the gold are hacked. And the gold is once again sold by that same site.

Also, there's a very, VERY simply business reason for why MMO companies HATE gold sellers. Gold sellers are making money from game without having to pay *anything* whatsoever to the MMO company.

The hacking and 'making money over other people's backs' is what makes gold sellers a bad thing in every single conceivable case. You don't even have to go into the ways gold sellers completely destroy ingame economies to see why they are bad.

ALL currency in ALL games has a real world value - They take time to obtain in some form or another. CCP did something very clever with PLEX though where you can buy one for game time, but you can also sell it for ingame isk - The trick is that this isk doesn't come from nowhere, it has to be earned ingame for someone to spend it on a PLEX. This is the way the time spent to earn the isk can be seen as a real world value, it's consequence of the method used rather than a goal.

Playing: WF
    Played: WoW, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL (2005), GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH (RIP), STO, TSW, TERA, EVE, ESO, BDO
    Tried: EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG, DN, Vindictus, AA

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by Kuinn

CCP do not sell in game currency at all. What they do allow, is for people to buy Plex, and either use it themselves, or trade it in game with other players, for Isk.  

Alright alright I should have said "the developer sells ingame currency through PLEX sales on the ingame market" - personally I dont see the difference so I didnt :P

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Well hopefully lesson learned from buying from their company.

Its true that there are a lot of  Hackers/Compromised accounts which people strip gold from illegally, and sell it to others which then hurts the buyer of the currency, and the player who was hacked been a victim of hacked MMO accounts before I know how it feels.

The problem with (RMT) and ISK is that PLEX itself is too expensive for in game currency and its hard to compete with ISK sellers sure its legal to buy PLEX from CCP, but after running into similar issues of getting items traded to me which were connected back to gold sellers about a month ago I was pretty pissed off about it because the GM came to me telling me about how the items came from hacked accounts, but even told me themselves that after looking at my account had they have thought I knew the items were from hacked accounts or bots I wouldn't have went through with a trade. The problem with RMT, is that sometimes illegal goods come into trade with other players, or in third party laundry services especially in EVE which is why I am now doing All my Trades, Through Contract, or Directly to my CORP wallet, and making sure my transactions are legit.

The problem with PLEX  is the fact that it costs $19.99, compared to buying from the site the OP posted its 17.99 which in the past most gold sellers were selling ISK for around $14.00 USD which is cheaper than buying a PLEX itself.

I think that more games should support Real Money Trading in the actual game.

The problem with (RMT) is account hacking/Bots hurts everyone I am not going to disagree with this.

But the way I feel about RMT is that game companies like (Blizzard) (Arena Net) (NCsoft) (CCP) should start supporting Real Money trade for example you can purchase  $10 Worth of Gems in a game with real money from the game company, then you can use that to purchase items, or currency directly from other players as well as cash it out.

The way I see it there is nothing wrong with (RMT) and I really don't care if my friend buys GOLD in a online game its their choice the problem is Dishonest Sellers like the OP posted this site was once a honest seller of ISK, but new management obviously took over and they started getting ISK from illegal sources like hacked accounts, and use of Bots, this is where I myself would have nothing to do with any type of (RMT) knowingly from such people because its hurts the game, but in general Real Money Trading should be legal as long as its legally obtained, and sold. I know that if I owned a MMO company or game, I would make (RMT) Legal, you trade at your own RISK, we don't get involved, or I would support RMT directly through my game or service provided that goods are not (Botted) or came form (Compromised Accounts), but even then my game would have multiple layers of protection to protect a users account unlike (CCP) / EVE with only a User-name & Password.

As to answer some other questions.

Why spend $75 a month rather than buy PLEX, or Buy ISK?

Well for starters, Who controls the  PLEX, CCP, and the gold sellers control the market with PLEX & Prices, meanwhile one Ship costs Millions/Billions of ISK to fit take a TENGU for example over 2 Billion ISK for my mission runner.

So why pay for 5-10 accounts rather than buy ISK, or such.

Well in General if I go mining about 4-8 hours a day I can easily make 800 Million, and last time I checked that was without my skills being capped on all my pilots so basically you are looking at 800 million in 8 hours at least you do the math on that 800 X 30 days of playing considering you are a non-stop player that is billions of ISK right there.

I think that CCP should lower the price of Plex to the price of a subscription for a single account to help combat (RMT)

Its not (RMT) that destroys games, its the use of illegal bots, and hackers who hack other players accounts, exchanging money for items is just fine and assuming you go through a legit source that isn't involved with illegal activities like my friend who plays Dark-Fall with me besides me playing EVE, I paid his account for him through PayPal in return he gave me in game materials, technically this is Real Money Trading Right? But I didn't get banned for it because he is a legit player and wanted to pay me back for helping them.

RMT isn't always as bad as it seems, its the Dishonest Companies, and where they get their Gold/Currency from that hurts others sometimes Gold Sellers are legit, other times they are not ISK Bank clearly isn't legit.

I am not telling players to break the TOS, this is just the way I see things after playing MMO's for over 10 years.