Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone play Mortal Online?

13»

Comments

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by picommander
    Quick question to the active MO players here: Are horses sometimes still flying in the air and vendors sometimes stuck in their shops so you can only see their heads growing out of the floor or is this eventually fixed? These where things that to me destroyed the whole buty of this game while no one actually seemed to take these bugs all too seriously. Too many fan boys there...

These bugs ARE fixed. That's not to say that there aren't still a lot of bugs though... there are. You kind of have to accept that if you play this game. That being said, the game is patched frequently and bugs are typically fixed at a much faster pace than they used to be.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    went back to the game recently and i have to say im impressed with the game so far and the changes. However there are several combat balance issues that really do stand out as being wtf decisions, mounts seem to dominate the game now. Even though most of my chars are red it still annoys me when my blue chars die at the hands of reds who know they gain nothing from my demise.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Originally posted by picommander
    Quick question to the active MO players here: Are horses sometimes still flying in the air and vendors sometimes stuck in their shops so you can only see their heads growing out of the floor or is this eventually fixed? These where things that to me destroyed the whole buty of this game while no one actually seemed to take these bugs all too seriously. Too many fan boys there...

I think both those things I are fixed. I haven't seen it ingame either. But I'm pretty certain I read somewhere that they fixed it. But why not login and have a look for yourself. It's still free to login and see.

Yeah, I haven't seen these issues either since I returned. It's a very different game than it was at release, stability and bug wise, and...

...it's Open Arena Day at Tindrem Arena today!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Toferio
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    Originally posted by Anubisan

Same points you've been making over and over again for ages on this forum...

5. The population is quite healthy these days. I think you are very, very off on your assumption of subscription numbers. But keep telling yourself whatever you want...

LOL 

I believe in FACTS but you can "keep telling yourself whatever you want..."

According to the latest financial report:

Sales for the three month period - roughly 80,000

Divided by three = 26,666 per month in sales

Take the monthly sales divided by a monthly sub fee = 26,666 divided by $15 = 1778 total monthly subscribers

This also assumes no donations are recorded in those sales numbers which we know to be false.  This means the game has LESS than 1778 total monthly subscribers.

Sorry mate, the facts say you are wrong but you can keep telling yourself that you are right if it helps you sleep at night. 

For anyone new to the game or its story, this was exactly why the community manager left the forums here.  He posted STUFF and the people on this forum posted FACTS. 

I want an indie sandbox virtual world that doesn't cater to the masses!

Ok, here's indie game X with almost a carbon copy of Ultima Online game mechanics, 2k subs, howevermany F2P accounts, single server, and a healthy population.

• Bah, it has 2001 gfx!
    • The devs are amatuers!
    • It's FFA! Fail!
    • Who cares if the ingame population is healthy and active? It only has 1.7k subscribers!
    You can apply that to almost every indie game that comes out. I think you guys like the idea of an indie sandbox MMO far more than you actually want to play one. 

You make it sound like MO is some dream deal come true and we're just in denial. 

No, you're reading stuff that simply isn't there. A cognizant dissonance thing perhaps?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Same points you've been making over and over again for ages on this forum...

5. The population is quite healthy these days. I think you are very, very off on your assumption of subscription numbers. But keep telling yourself whatever you want...

LOL 

I believe in FACTS but you can "keep telling yourself whatever you want..."

According to the latest financial report:

Sales for the three month period - roughly 80,000

Divided by three = 26,666 per month in sales

Take the monthly sales divided by a monthly sub fee = 26,666 divided by $15 = 1778 total monthly subscribers

This also assumes no donations are recorded in those sales numbers which we know to be false.  This means the game has LESS than 1778 total monthly subscribers.

Sorry mate, the facts say you are wrong but you can keep telling yourself that you are right if it helps you sleep at night. 

For anyone new to the game or its story, this was exactly why the community manager left the forums here.  He posted STUFF and the people on this forum posted FACTS. 

I want an indie sandbox virtual world that doesn't cater to the masses!

Ok, here's indie game X with almost a carbon copy of Ultima Online game mechanics, 2k subs, howevermany F2P accounts, single server, and a healthy population.

• Bah, it has 2001 gfx!
    • The devs are amatuers!
    • It's FFA! Fail!
    • Who cares if the ingame population is healthy and active? It only has 1.7k subscribers!
    You can apply that to almost every indie game that comes out. I think you guys like the idea of an indie sandbox MMO far more than you actually want to play one. 

You make it sound like MO is some dream deal come true and we're just in denial. 

No, you're reading stuff that simply isn't there. A cognizant dissonance thing perhaps?

Not really, you made it sound that all the indie games which come out are indeed what we've been asking for, while in truth they are of interest only to a fraction of desperate players. I'm still waiting for a decent sandbox, so far none been even remotely close. There's hope that ArcheAge will be decent despite its combat system.

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67

With all the current issues in MO, it is still the only MMO that I enjoy playing, for a simple matter, there is no such game on a market, and probably never will be, because it takes 5 years to develop it.

On a sidenote, with new tradebroker features like buyorderes, MO can be played with only one char. For my gamestyle as a pure weapon crafter, I 90% of game time am logged on the one char. Probably it is much more efficient to use more chars and even more accounts at the same time, but it would take many RL hours and metagaming to multibox.

Originally posted by Zeeraha

With all the current issues in MO, it is still the only MMO that I enjoy playing, for a simple matter, there is no such game on a market, and probably never will be, because it takes 5 years to develop it.

Development time is by no means a measure of quality or how "hard" it is to develop such a game. You have to consider budget and competence of the developers. With experienced devs, right engine and decent budget MO could have easily been released in couple of years, give or take a year depending on what patch we're talking.

Development time is by no means a measure of quality or how "hard" it is to develop such a game. You have to consider budget and competence of the developers. With experienced devs, right engine and decent budget MO could have easily been released in couple of years, give or take a year depending on what patch we're talking.

Unfortunately there are no big game studios with large budgets that would invest in a game like this. They simply don't see the profit potential in this kind of game model. So we're left with the indie developers with grand visions and limited resources. For all their problems over the years, SV has managed to make a game I really enjoy playing...

Unfortunately there are no big game studios with large budgets that would invest in a game like this. They simply don't see the profit potential in this kind of game model. So we're left with the indie developers with grand visions and limited resources. For all their problems over the years, SV has managed to make a game I really enjoy playing...

SoE seems to be experimenting with sandboxes, but upcoming EQ titles are bit too much of a themepark for my liking, even tho I bet they'll be good fun, while their more.. hardcore title Wizardry Online is simply shit, even compared to MO. Mainstream companies seem to be moving towards sandbox with such titles as EQ and Arche Age, but it will take few more years before we'd see a game similar to MO and DF with a decent budget. And I think that's not only because of lower demand, but because networking technology isn't quite there yet for real time free aim combat in an MMORPG environment.

• Dragoncline00Dragoncline00 Member Posts: 21
    played for a week, constant gankfest of newbies. typical pvp full loot game full of asshats......
    Originally posted by Dragoncline00
    played for a week, constant gankfest of newbies. typical pvp full loot game full of asshats......

That is true until you join up with a guild and get out of Tindrem. It makes a huge difference when you live in a safer area and have a bunch of people watching your back.

• GrumiumGrumium Member UncommonPosts: 57
    I miss UO a ton. Stopped playing when Trammel hit. This sounds like my type of game. I may end up downloading it. You said its free to play now? What is the drawback with free to play? Can you not skill up as much as players who sub? Just seeing this game has me curious. Is it fast pace like Shadowbane leveling your character or is it slower paced like UO was? I don't have a lot of free time like I used to so I am hoping it is more like Shadowbane.
    Originally posted by Grumium
    What is the drawback with free to play? Can you not skill up as much as players who sub? Just seeing this game has me curious. Is it fast pace like Shadowbane leveling your character or is it slower paced like UO was? 

The free 2 play accounts are limited in skillpoints, and the leveling is certainly isn't as fast as in Shadowbane, but isn't as slow as in WoW either.

Downloading now. Can anyone tell me about the skills in the game or give me a good link etc?
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Downloading now. Can anyone tell me about the skills in the game or give me a good link etc?

I recomend using MO forums if you have questions bout the game. There are over a hundred skills in the game and they are learend through reading books and using the actuall skill etc.

http://mowiki.wikia.com/wiki/Skills_&_Attributes

http://www.mortaldata.com/reference/mortal-online-skill-list/

Well I got the game downloaded, and made a character. I tried to log in and the game crashed. It keeps doing that every time I try to log in. I am not sure what is gong on. I have not had any other problems with other games.
    Well I got the game downloaded, and made a character. I tried to log in and the game crashed. It keeps doing that every time I try to log in. I am not sure what is gong on. I have not had any other problems with other games.

Welcome to MO, enjoy your stay. You should check out the official tech support forums.

I can't even get into the game to stay lol. I am trying to re download it now. Its taken around 12 hours now.
  • GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201
    I can't even get into the game to stay lol. I am trying to re download it now. Its taken around 12 hours now.

Let me guess, you have 32-bit windows, 4gb ram and it's crashing on the loading screen?

Lower every setting to minimum, then raise them untill it crashes again. It's your ram filling up