Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which is your Best of 3 ... 2014 MMO Poll.

2»

Comments

• BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177

It would be great for a developer  to do it properly and actually maintain a proper subscription. If I had to put real money on it I would have to say that after playing recent high profile MMO's from SWTOR, Guild Wars 2 (I know it's free-ish) and The Secret World the only game I have seen that could well tip the balance is Wildstar ....

....I think for an MMO whats going against ESO is the fact that it is also a console game ..... clearly ... 

....But if we are considering consoles .... which many don't ... I think Destiny would win with those folks with speedy thumbs and fingers.... which isn't me.....anymore

.....Lets have a 'World' not a bunch of zones .... 

...Mind you ... I do like the idea of Lycanthropy in ESO ....

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

I'm so surprised at how many more ppl are leaning towards ESO than WS. I've played both and feel WS is by far the superior game

Guess I'm in the minority however!

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    ArcheAge?
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

of those 3, ESO by a long shot

• freegefreege Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Chose WoW, Cannot see ESO or Wildstar knocking WoW off the top.
  • slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

From what I've seen, I'm kind of stoked about Wildstar.

Originally posted by plescure

I'm so surprised at how many more ppl are leaning towards ESO than WS. I've played both and feel WS is by far the superior game

I think the fact that ESO has actually got a date for Christmas has excited everybody .... including me hehehehe ... however boxing day is often a let down and New Years is always a cursory reminder that it's back to work. I think if Warlords of Draenor had not been the suggested expansion it has been, we would already have seen a release date for Wildstar. This could be good though .....if Carbine believe they have something really special they will also play hard ball with Blizzard ..... who wants to be the 'Old Game' ..... I wouldn't be surprised if Wildstar ends up more of a second half release ... being tweaked to a high enth. They have already suggested a change in UI ...... you never know. Equally Blizzard are probably wishing Carbine to launch so they know what they have to compete with .......ultimately ...... the player will be the winner....

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891
    Originally posted by Bukk24

I think the fact that ESO has actually got a date for Christmas has excited everybody .... including me hehehehe ... however boxing day is often a let down and New Years is always a cursory reminder that it's back to work. I think if Warlords of Draenor had not been the suggested expansion it has been, we would already have seen a release date for Wildstar. This could be good though .....if Carbine believe they have something really special they will also play hard ball with Blizzard ..... who wants to be the 'Old Game' ..... I wouldn't be surprised if Wildstar ends up more of a second half release ... being tweaked to a high enth. They have already suggested a change in UI ...... you never know. Equally Blizzard are probably wishing Carbine to launch so they know what they have to compete with .......ultimately ...... the player will be the winner....

ESO comes out next month (or the end of the month for those of us who preordered that 5 day early access editions)....Far from Christmas. Am I misunderstanding something here?

I kind of wish they would push back the release date for this game. Unless they get on the ball they have A LOT to fix, change, and improve upon to come up to the standards expected of an TES title.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

None of those. D3 RoS expansion.

Not being pedantic but I don't think that Diablo is an MMO. I realize people can play it together at the same time and all that jazz but it has limitations and it is not an open world ..... it is very slick ... but an MMO ... nope. 

Sure .. not a "true" MMO. But it is close enough for me.

It's irrelevant to the discussion what is "close enough" for you.  Read the title of the thread and give the baiting a rest. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Aulliwyn

ESO comes out next month (or the end of the month for those of us who preordered that 5 day early access editions)....Far from Christmas. Am I misunderstanding something here?

I kind of wish they would push back the release date for this game. Unless they get on the ball they have A LOT to fix, change, and improve upon to come up to the standards expected of an TES title.

The ESO Christmas date analogy was a metaphor .... as in the 4th of April will be a date folks will look forward to. Wildstar for instance has no release date to look forward to....so psychologically the hype will not start until they do so. However like every Christmas, no matter how great the build up Boxing Day is so far removed and New Year is about looking forward.

I think you are right to suggest pushing the release date back .... it is a very competitive year ....

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i voted for Warlords of Draenor because you added it to the poll. WoD is not an mmo, just more content for an existing one so it shouldnt count towards the upcoming major mmos.

Between the other two.... i would have picked WS if it had better questing. I also would have picked TESO if they hadn´t locked core content within preorder and CE editions. So yeah, Warlords it is.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Honestly I couldn't choose one since I am not looking forward to any of them. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It will be EQN:Landmark, hands down IF they put the systems they've talked about on top of the best mmorpg foundation the genre has seen, IF.

If not it will be ESO.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Am I the only one that buys every new mmorpg that comes out and plays it?  Why the negativity for all the new titles? Just play them all as a true MMORPG Champion and quit being so critical!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• hockeyplayrhockeyplayr Member UncommonPosts: 604

Don't worry.  I fully agree with you.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by hockeyplayr

Don't worry.  I fully agree with you.

I haven't played WS. I have an opinion about all games outcomes and it isn't a secret. All games lose masses of players after the first month or so. WS will do it, ESO will, and  EQN. They will dwindle down to niche games played almost solely by the fans. With that said, ESO will probably be the bigger of the two after the first month. It has a larger fan base by far, and it has so much lore and back story to go along with it, it will help keep even more people.

I am looking forward to WS and all games, but It won't be as big as ESO imho.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf
    where is the option to stab myself in the eyeball instead of playing any of those lol.

+1 

Add me to the "None of the above" list.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Cecropia

Not being pedantic but I don't think that Diablo is an MMO. I realize people can play it together at the same time and all that jazz but it has limitations and it is not an open world ..... it is very slick ... but an MMO ... nope. 

It's irrelevant to the discussion what is "close enough" for you.  Read the title of the thread and give the baiting a rest. 

If so, why not just ignore by post?

It is clearly relevant since there are those who think that D3 is a MMO, and that it is listed here. Heck, it came up often in MMO discussions anyway.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Cecropia

If so, why not just ignore by post?

It is clearly relevant since there are those who think that D3 is a MMO, and that it is listed here. Heck, it came up often in MMO discussions anyway.

It doesn't matter that there are a few others in this thread who believe the Diablo series of games are MMOs. These games already fall into their own well established genre. You can kick and scream all you want, you can fall for the new marketing fad all you want, what won't change....is reality.

Science Fiction is Science Fiction regardless if some random internet wanderer calls it Romantic Comedy. 

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Wildstar.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.