Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So whats the top 5 best MOBA games both 3D and Isometric

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

I am interested in joining in the MOBA genre.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152

I've seen people play DOTA and LOL, but I thought it played out pretty boring.  I tried Infinite Crisis, but didn't like it.  Tried the Dead Island: Epidemic beta, and didn't like that, either. 

I'm not a MOBA fan... but I LOVE Smite.  Having the action and perspective the way Smite has it has made me a hardcore Smite fan.  I literally play that more than I do anything else, and I never thought I'd ever play a MOBA.  You just have to be careful.... the MOBA community is very toxic.  If you have thick skin, and can literally ignore the idiots on the internet, you'll do fine. 

If you like fast paced games, I highly recommend Smite. 

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
    Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• FinalFikusFinalFikus Member Posts: 906
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

I am interested in joining in the MOBA genre.

You're interested in joining a genre?

DOTA2 is free and easy to get off steam.

"If the Damned gave you a roadmap, then you'd know just where to go"

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Don't you mean "What are the top 5 MOBA3D's and MOBAISO's?"  And while we are at it, can I just call you Moe?

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

So Smite, DOTA2, LoL

Anything else?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930
    Path of Exile. Not a MOBA (though it does have PvP). But, It may have the visual aesthetic your looking for, and some of that MOBA feel even though it is an OARPG. Just mentioning it as a 'you might also enjoy'.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Helleri
    Path of Exile. Not a MOBA (though it does have PvP). But, It may have the visual aesthetic your looking for, and some of that MOBA feel even though it is an OARPG. Just mentioning it as a 'you might also enjoy'.

If you throw in LoL, you should throw in D3 too.

• HelleriHelleri Member UncommonPosts: 930

Really the category is "Use your weapon to solve everything under a restricted perspective view."

...So, Dead Frontier as well.

Your options do open up a lot more when you include games that are not strictly MOBA but have that general feel and retain some PvP aspects.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

LoL is most played by far. easy to get into hard to master. Tried Dota2 but meh.. 

Was having high hopes for the new Blizz moba. but from gameplay movies didnt like what i saw. ill give it a try though.

• Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    MOBAs are the one genre of game that makes me wonder why no one has tried to make an open world RPG with MOBA like combat, view angle, and controls.  
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

If your a MMO player i would say give smite a try.  you play it like a MMO as far as moving around ( WSAD )  and using skills.  the other games out there are clicky clicky games from a top view with no real skill shots involved. in smite your in 3rd person view like most MMOs and you can dodge and make people miss.

plus who doesnt want to play a god.

• NecroneusNecroneus Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I entered the CBT of Dawngate and I'm very impressed. I think that is a good competitor against DOTA2 and LoL. Better than crappy MOBA's.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

LoL and DOTA2 are the big ones.

Blizzard has their own coming out that should be pretty big as well.

SMITE and HoN are the next tier down in terms of popularity.

I'm sure the communities in all are horrible though.

• GowmeGowme Member Posts: 1

Top 4 MOBA Games In Terms Of Popularity (I couldn't put my finger on the fifth):

League of Leagends

DOTA

Smite

Heroes of Newerth

Some games that could take the fifth spot:

Prime World

Awesomenauts (not 3D)

Bloodline Champions

There is a good list of MOBA style games here as well for reference.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    LoL's definitely the most popular one (as shown by their massive revenue last year).

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/