Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls online is no Elder Scrolls

VoreDockVoreDock Member UncommonPosts: 128

When MMORPG.com can't give away all their beta keys this saying something and its not good  as of now sunday at 8 am est over 7000 keys are left  it is clear this game has jumped the tracks  i am a huge TES fan i have played every TES game and  finished them even ARENA.

This is my 4th beta and i can say that ESO is no TES game yes it gets better after LV 12 but it is still not what it should be add the outdated  sub plan ( $50 box + $15 per month )  on xbox one and ps 4 the box will be 60 to 70 $ + the sub  + the service ( xbox live or ps network ) and it all = one thing DEATH.

ESO will fall worse than SWTOR  and ESO may never recover  Zinnmax  has Killed  TES 

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,852

Paragraphs are your friend.

World of Warcraft wasnt much of a Warcraft game and look how that turned out.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

Everyone who got a beta key prior to this one didn't need another and also received a key they could give to a friend. The last beta key giveaway was 40,000 from just this site alone. Again, anyone that had received a beta key at any point in history didn't need a key from the pool you are referencing...and they were emailed a new hey to share with a friend.

Did it need a doom and gloom thread? I'll let others decide.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by VoreDock

When MMORPG.com can't give away all their beta keys this saying something and its not good  as of now sunday at 8 am est over 7000 keys are left  it is clear this game has jumped the tracks  i am a huge TES fan i have played every TES game and  finished them even ARENA.

This is my 4th beta and i can say that ESO is no TES game yes it gets better after LV 12 but it is still not what it should be add the outdated  sub plan ( $50 box + $15 per month )  on xbox one and ps 4 the box will be 60 to 70 $ + the sub  + the service ( xbox live or ps network ) and it all = one thing DEATH.

ESO will fall worse than SWTOR  and ESO may never recover  Zinnmax  has Killed  TES 

I'm pretty sure it's a TES game, this is taken from Wikipedia:

"As with other games in The Elder Scrolls franchise, the game will be set in the continent of Tamriel and feature a storyline indirectly connected with the other games. The game will be set a millennium before the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and around 800 years before The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, with the Daedric Prince Molag Bal appearing as the main antagonist as he attempts to pull all of Tamriel to his realm of Coldharbour.[1]

Most of the continent of Tamriel will be playable in the game (although much of it will be locked off for expansion content), and players will have the opportunity to join any of the three factions warring over the throne of the Emperor of Tamriel:[1]The Aldmeri Dominion (represented by an eagle), composed of Altmer (High elf), Bosmer (Wood elf), and Khajiit; the Daggerfall Covenant (represented by a lion), composed of Bretons, Redguards, and Orsimer (Orcs); and the Ebonheart Pact (represented by a dragon), composed of Nords, Dunmer (Dark elf) and Argonians."

-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Everyone interested in the game and a regular  on MMORPG was allready in previous betas... In total i bellieve there where over 1,5 M. Beta testers this weekend. 

And if you keep in mind that imost ES fans reside on consoles, 

to me as mostly an MMO player, it feels a lot like an elder scrolls game..   ( yes i played them too,  but after daggerfall which was pre online periode, i really missed the social part in those games)

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• VoreDockVoreDock Member UncommonPosts: 128
    ESO does not feel like a Elder Scroll game  Zinnmax should have went with the Guild Wars model  
  • CirandraCirandra Member UncommonPosts: 46
    LOL OP they have giveaway over 1 million keys and any1 have been singed up for the beta is in..there is a thread also in official forums saying there is over 3 million players in this beta..
  • SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

Yeah, because Guild Wars is a beacon of success. /rollseyes

Everyone who really wanted a key got one.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

The reason why I won't play ESO is because the main selling point seems to be the large PvP battles for castles etc. However, this isn't enough to make me want to play - because they will never be my castles.

Every other aspect of ESO seems the same as every other MMORPG.

I'm waiting for Elite: Dangerous to come out in a few months because:

1) It's a vast procedurally generated universe with random encounters, such as Thargoid invasions - you never quite know what's going to happen.

2) Other people can do all sorts of things (bad and good) in all sorts of ways. In other words, unpredictable player content.

3) I have my ship to cusomise how I want - not some cookie cutter that I have to stick with.

ESO has none of these traits, so I'm not interested. I want freedom.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    ESO does not feel like a Elder Scroll game  Zinnmax should have went with the Guild Wars model  

How does going with a Guild Wars model make this game not feel like an Elder Scrolls game?  Are you just mad that you have to pay a sub to play?  And the reference to SWTOR - pretty sure that game, although in F2P mode, is still going fairly strongly.  Maybe not as well as they'd like, but they're surviving. 

All of the doomsayers saying "This game will end up like SWTOR!"...ok, so it'll eventually be a game I won't have to pay a sub for, and still be fun?  Sounds good to me.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by Mors.Magne

The reason why I won't play ESO is because the main selling point seems to be the large PvP battles for castles etc. However, this isn't enough to make me want to play - because they will never be my castles.

Every other aspect of ESO seems the same as every other MMORPG

ESO has none of these traits, so I'm not interested. I want freedom.

You summed it up to pretty much how I feel too.  I can see that their PVP could be fun.  I have always liked mass PVP as seen in Planetside 1 and 2 and WvW in GW2.  I also almost always choose PVP as my endgame of choice in MMOs.  However,  I already have games that provide that  and I don't see how ESO is breaking the mold with their PVP in anyway, shape, or fashion.  Also, in my opinion the PVE aspect of ESO is far inferior to Skyrim or Oblivion so again, why bother?

Maybe if I didn't already enjoy PS2 or GW2 I could forgive their PVE and play the game for its PVP, but unfortunately it's just not the case here.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    ESO will not be the best MMO since WoW, but a fail? Come on, that's nonsense.
  • blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    ESO in my eyes will be a massive fail.

The box price is too much...and to top it off its a poor excuse of an Elder Scrolls game. This was an IP I dreamed for an mmo. But alas its shite.

Wildstar is a better game. I'd prefer to purchase that.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Same lore = check

Same shitty animations = check

Same style of the world = check

same freeform-ish roles = check

Sounds like a ES game to me. Agreed it is not Skyrim (less snow and bears hunting dragons) but the series have some pretty long roots and i say they connect very solidly.

And that is why i am going to stay as far away as i can. ES:O is way to much a ES game for me to enjoy it.

This have been a good conversation

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Quite opposite actually, its TES fans who are the player base of this game, 

THE OP would rather it be a GUILD WARS GAME?!?  INSTEAD OF A TES GAME???

I said it before and I'll say it again.    OP is the sort of person who clicks through texts and cares nothing about storylines or adventure in a game,  When they don't like the game they come to the forum to claim they are a TES fan to try to give their complain some sort of credit, when really they never wanted a TES game they wanted a GUILD WARS game or a WILDSTAR.   These kinds of players wouldn't know what a RPG was if it had hit them half way cross the crack of their ass! 

Not to mention this game has had the most RPG any MMORPG has seen to date.  Not to mention all the Game Features that make TES games so great.     Arena...  if you thought Arena was more of a TES game then ESO (that alone is a dead give away to other TES fans that your full of crap)

When I see someone say they are a TES FAN and hate this game, I automaticly call "bullshit" based on the level of RPG in this game.

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

So because ESO doesn't feel like Elder Scrolls, your solution is to have it feel like Guild Wars?  

NO offence dude, but that makes no sense whatsoever.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

This discussion has been closed.