Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I missing something? [mod edit]

Comments

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by NL-Rikkert

So basically you are saying due to your lack of knowledge, interest and patience (as you clearly havent spent a lot of time with the game), this game sucks?

[mod edit]

Yup.  And don't forget that the game didn't hold their hands and tell them what to do like most do today.   Their brains undoubtedly overheated because they hadn't been utilized to that extent in quite some time while playing the dumbed down garbage that has flooded the MMO genre in this last decade.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by whatacanhedo

Same. If they don't impress me in 2-3 hours, no way I'm spending 20 hours to find some fun. 

My thoughts exactly! image

Never in my life have I hated everything about a game as much as I do with ESO, I'm so disappointed. image

200 million dollars & no mini map,constantly clicking "M". Characters clumsy movement, boring combat, hated the "Q" quick slot, why not have the option to drag items to a hot bar?  29 gigabytes of data for for such a mediocre looking game. It must be the great music that takes up all that space. image

I don't know what's worse ESO, Machete Kills or the new Riddick movie!

You didn't play Skyrim on a PC did you.

There is no minimap in ESO now, because it was exchanged with compass (like in Skyrim). Developers did it because the minimap didn't stimulate players to explore the world. Many of the players were looking at the minimap and didn't pay enough attention to what's going around. They saw it in one of beta tests and decided to remove it.

edit: removed the "?" from the end of the sentence because it wasn't a question.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Ender4

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Why in the heck would it shame to you that someone would buy what they like? I'm not into going to a brothel and buying a hooker, but I'm not ashamed others do. They enjoy it.. 

I didn't like playing Defiance, but I wasn't ashamed my son and daughter in law liked it. What is even better, I didn't go on the Defiance forum and tell others it was a shame they bought it.

It is a shame because then the next game that comes out will be just as awful as this one. If people didn't buy these horrible paint by numbers theme park games maybe we would have some MMORPG actually worth playing for once instead of 8+ years of just awful releases.

ESO and WildStar are a pox on the genre and hopefully they both fail miserably so nobody else makes another MMORPG like this one.

ESO is not a pox on the genre.  Wildstar I haven't played so it might be and probably is because it is being made by some of the same devs that created the first true pox on the MMO genre, WoW!  It was the first game to be dumbed down so that those that didn't have time (I can understand this group) or the skills (you may not remember the whiners that couldn't hack it because it was too hard) to play and be successful in EQ could have a game.  Every game since WoW has tried to repeat Blizzards formula by dumbing the genre down more and more. 

You don't have to like ESO, and it's obvious you don't so why not go play a game that you do enjoy and stop wasting your time on a games forums you don't like.  Or better yet, go find another hobby until a game does come along that you can have fun in again.  Life is too short to bitch about a GAME that you don't like.  

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Same. If they don't impress me in 2-3 hours, no way I'm spending 20 hours to find some fun. 

Never in my life have I hated everything about a game as much as I do with ESO, I'm so disappointed. image

200 million dollars & no mini map,constantly clicking "M". Characters clumsy movement, boring combat, hated the "Q" quick slot, why not have the option to drag items to a hot bar?  29 gigabytes of data for for such a mediocre looking game. It must be the great music that takes up all that space. image

I would say "good" 200 million (reportedly) dollars and they FINALLY figured out that they should get rid of the mini map.

and why would you want to drag a potion to an important quickslot which you will need for the selection of skills needed?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Originally posted by FearU

A couple of friends and I signed up for the beta this weekend to try out ESO. We've been seeing/hearing mixed but generally good things about the game and figured this would be a good opportunity to try before we buy especially given the high cost of it. Our experience with past Elder Scrolls games is mixed, personally I've played Oblivion and Skyrim but my friends range from not played at all to played a little bit.

As you probably see from the title we were left extremely disappointed. The setting is completely generic fantasy and certainly little different to Skyrim although probably far less interesting. The quests are the typical thing you find in MMOs these days and range from killing stuff to clicking a bunch of stuff or avoiding a bunch of stuff while clicking other stuff. The game seems to bring very little innovation to the table and we were bored within a couple of hours.

The menu systems really need some work as well. It took 15 minutes and some googling just to find each other and group up. We would know where to find it next time (there won't be a next time so no worries) but to say the menu system is unintuitive is an understatement.

The skills and abilities system is one of the most generic offerings I've seen in a while. It consists of leveling up, clicking a plus, get some new skill. That's if you remember to do so, 2 of our party forgot about it and spent the first couple of hours spamming 1 and clicking their mouse!

Combat is fairly interesting in that its one of the worse examples I've seen in recent times. It used to be that people screamed "console port!" when confronted with lackluster controls and dumbed down skills, that feeling is written all over this game as well. Its certainly not the worst example but its far from ideal on a PC.

None of us can justify the up front cost + sub on this game when there are far better games already in our libraries and the same generic MMOs on offer that are f2p. I don't understand the hype/positivity surrounding ESO, the only thing I can put it down to is a desire to play a multiplayer Elder Scrolls game from people who love the franchise. ESO will be a definite miss within my group of friends at least.

ESO is not for those that like to speed through levels or get things easily.  Go play The Perfect World or WoW.  I like the earn what you get pace.  Take care and I am sure your group of friends can do something else

Originally posted by Amjoco

You didn't play Skyrim on a PC did you.

There is no minimap in ESO now, because it was exchanged with compass (like in Skyrim). Developers did it because the minimap didn't stimulate players to explore the world. Many of the players were looking at the minimap and didn't pay enough attention to what's going around. They saw it in one of beta tests and decided to remove it.

edit: removed the "?" from the end of the sentence because it wasn't a question.

If they can't figure it out, don't tell them.  They are showing how dependent on the games leading them around by the hand they have become.  I was laughing my arse off last night because people were list when a trail didn't appear to lead them directly to a house for a quest.  God forbid they EXPLORE or open the map and see the area the objective was in.  Gamers are getting lazier and lazier.  They don't and often refuse to use that mass of grey matter that keeps their ears from collapsing and touching each other for anything other than taking up space.  Sad sad days we live in.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by Ginsana
    Originally posted by SuperNick
    People didn't judge the entirety of WoW on Durotar, why do they do it with ESO?

Wow has a fantastic game introduction and tutorial.  New players to MMO's are made to feel at home and welcome right from the get go.  It's so so important and ESO has so so failed in this respect.

Wow doesn't have a tutorial at all.

• NodboNNodboN Member UncommonPosts: 50

while i don't share completely in that it sucks, i like it well enough for what it is. i probably wont buy it tho. if i had the spare cash i would

soft targeting was never my favorite combat mechanic, neither is is tab-targeting for that matter. not much skill needed just... stay on target. stay on target.  gold5 to red leader lost harry lost hutch  they came from behind pewpew dead.

also i love hunter type classes and they dont have one. yes i played with nothing but a bow spending all my points in it, just not satisfying.

i was hoping the first person mode would be better, dodging  is really weird tho, i guess i cant expect a camera shake or roll. but i dont mind puppeteering.

seems much was "dumbed" down for console's. and that maybe an old repetitive argument, but it fits. pc was really an after thought i guess

game play wise yes its ok, nothing new, but it doesn't out shine any other game. just more similar stuff. tho honestly what more can companies do with control and combat mechanics.

so final verdict. eh ya love the franchise, you get it. ya love the art esthetics (tired of cartoony looks) you get it, ya love that its got lots of lore, back stories to your quests and the world at large, you get it. any one of thoes three you like and Eso wont add anything els that much different to other mmos.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by Hermod
    Originally posted by Ender4   Originally posted by Amjoco Why in the heck would it shame to you that someone would buy what they like? I'm not into going to a brothel and buying a hooker, but I'm not ashamed others do. They enjoy it..    I didn't like playing Defiance, but I wasn't ashamed my son and daughter in law liked it. What is even better, I didn't go on the Defiance forum and tell others it was a shame they bought it.
      It is a shame because then the next game that comes out will be just as awful as this one. If people didn't buy these horrible paint by numbers theme park games maybe we would have some MMORPG actually worth playing for once instead of 8+ years of just awful releases. ESO and WildStar are a pox on the genre and hopefully they both fail miserably so nobody else makes another MMORPG like this one.
    Why do you want them to fail? Are you just wanting all the suits to walk away for MMOs with their money, then watch the whole MMO gene die out.

The more games that die, the less AAA there will be.

No. I want them to stop just copying what is already out there. So many new MMORPG have done just that and failed, eventually they will get it through their heads that people don't just want to play the same game with a new skin.

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by DMKano

Why do folks here get all upset about someone not liking the game after they tried it for a little bit?

If someone hates TESO after only playing it for 5 minutes, its their choice, let them be.

Same thing happens with every game, there are folks who will hate any game and quit after a really short period of time.

And that is fine.

So only people that agree with OP can post? If you post negative about game you will get people with positive view arguing against it, and vice versa. Pretty common in a forum. Why all the need to defend the OP against people who don't agree with his assessment? He made his opinion known and others responded agreeing or disagreeing. Don't think he needs anyone protecting him and I didn't notice anyone attacking him. Let him be? He posted in a public forum, he's inviting debate. Why is it wrong to debate him. Also, if you start your post with something like "this game sucks", like he did, then no one will take post serious.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by greenreen

Why do folks here get all upset about someone not liking the game after they tried it for a little bit?

If someone hates TESO after only playing it for 5 minutes, its their choice, let them be.

Same thing happens with every game, there are folks who will hate any game and quit after a really short period of time.

And that is fine.

It is fine but it doesn't need to be repetitive. There have been a slew of people who come here over and over to tell everyone over and over what they didn't like. It makes it hard to have interesting conversation about things when every 4th post is "ftp in a year" "sucks".

It's the vested interest that bugs me - there are hundreds of games on these forums, if you are returning to one you don't like to sully it - that's an emotional issue that needs working out beyond this forum. Spread out the hate, is that a lot to ask - go tell the other 200 games you don't like them to, don't let ESO be a pet project like it stole money from your grandmother.

I am not aware that OP has posted this before - if he keeps posting the same post over and over again, you have a point.

People posting once about their likes/dislikes is fine imo, there should be no limit on players saying if they enojoyed it or not.

IF the Op didn't take the opposite opinion to task, followed by a definitive statement about the quality of the game in his title, you might have a point.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• bahamud70bahamud70 Member UncommonPosts: 40

ESO is really bad, I played CB, and really the graphics, animation, characters, clothing (which is stretched like chewing on the avatar), quests, environments, maps .... nothing is done like in the previous games .... ES singleplayer on all fields is weaker than even some low-cost titles 

above all seeking to buy the game (half the product) and above all that they pay per month, I think it stupid thinking I did not ever seen 

to become yogurt cheese, needs a lot of time to make cheese became emental should recycle more

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Still playing, at first I liked it...but for the last few hours i have been running around doing quest lines that absolutely suck...hardly any action just walk here, walk there complete repeat.

I will keep playing for a bit but my impression at this moment is not going to lead me to buy this game....

• CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187
    Originally posted by Tygranir

The game is well made and has minimal bugs. Problem is it's boring. It may just be me, and I only got to level 13, but I just really was not having fun. Like, at all. 

Then again, I'm having a blast playing SWTOR, and the consensus on this forum is that somehow it is a failure. So maybe game is great and I'm just weird.

It is very well made. I wanted to love the game especially since this is my second Beta play through. Interestingly enough, I find it boring as well. I wasn't expecting to find it boring at all, but expected to really enjoy it. I'm not even level 15 yet, so perhaps it gets more exciting like other gals and guys have said. Still, some gals and guys also have the same consensus as us based on their experiences. Other mmo's I have tried recently, I immediately had a connection of wonder and FUN even at level 1!

I really wanted to pre-order the game too. I will take part in the next betas too, in hope that things will change but if my opinion doesn't change, well that's the way it is.

Originally posted by Hermod

Originally posted by Amjoco Why in the heck would it shame to you that someone would buy what they like? I'm not into going to a brothel and buying a hooker, but I'm not ashamed others do. They enjoy it..    I didn't like playing Defiance, but I wasn't ashamed my son and daughter in law liked it. What is even better, I didn't go on the Defiance forum and tell others it was a shame they bought it.
      It is a shame because then the next game that comes out will be just as awful as this one. If people didn't buy these horrible paint by numbers theme park games maybe we would have some MMORPG actually worth playing for once instead of 8+ years of just awful releases. ESO and WildStar are a pox on the genre and hopefully they both fail miserably so nobody else makes another MMORPG like this one.
    Why do you want them to fail? Are you just wanting all the suits to walk away for MMOs with their money, then watch the whole MMO gene die out.

The more games that die, the less AAA there will be.

No. I want them to stop just copying what is already out there. So many new MMORPG have done just that and failed, eventually they will get it through their heads that people don't just want to play the same game with a new skin.

Whenever there are different ideas from developers, the masses demolish it. GW2 and TSW are good examples of why people don't like things different. Sandboxes will more than likely have to be classified in a separate genre imho because the diehard raid and dungeon fans won't like them.

They want character progression, dungeons, raids, pvp, and end game. If someone comes up with a different formula they will do very well!

So, if you don't like mmorpg's you should possibly look somewhere else.  /shrug

If you are spearheading some type of vigilante against the current formula then you shouldn't try it on a forum with such a huge fanbase. ES has thousands of people who worship the lore and backstory of the game, literally it is like a cult. I would suggest going to a forum with an upcoming game that has very little to work with and more resembles WoW.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I love this game.  I actually liked it since I got into my first beta a long time ago, even with all it's many bugs and what nots back then.  The thing is, I think you're either going to love this game, or really hate it.  It harkens back to a time before WoW, where you actually did more than just questing and kill things.  Although it's still a big part of ESO, there are so many other things you can do.

I know a lot of players aren't used to the whole "go find your quests" method, but this is also harkens back to early MMOs.  You just happen upon something happening, or someone runs upto you and asks for your help.  Just a few things that I think would help everyone.  If you see a Blacked out quest marker on your overhead compass, this means one of two things.  There is a quest nearby that you have not discovered, or it's a quest objective nearby that isn't your current selected quest.  I've had to tell many people this in beta, and they seem to get a long fine afterwards.

Another thing, that I think is true with all MMOs I play, is if you're thinking about getting into the game and leveling out everything within a week so you can go to Cyrodil and PvP...you're going to have a bad time.  This game is a lot more fun when you take your time, and listen to the NPCs, well some of them lol.  MMOs in general are about the journey, not the destination.  Newer MMOs have tried to make their MMO about the destination, but we all see how that turns out.  I really don't plan on leveling up faster than my Blacksmithing, and from what I've seen, it's going to be awhile, which I love.

Memorizing things will play another big role in the game.  While most games have a big shiny marker on the map where you can go do blacksmithing or something, ESO doesn't.  It will give you a general area where something is, then you have to find the blacksmithing station or whatever it is you're looking for.  This will cause you to want to remember where everything is.  This is also another older MMO trait.  The game will show you the path, but you have to walk it (Morpheus hehe).

There are some short comings of course, but Zenimax is working on them.  Combat used to be really really bad in early beta tests, but now it's not quite that bad.  It's still not as visually stunning as like FFXIV and not as interesting as AoC's combos, but it's a lot better than it was.  There are also a few bugs that are still lingering around, most notable is questgivers/crafting stations getting stuck, but it's simply remedied by typing /reloadui.  One thing that they have done a great job fixing is the graphics.  On Ultra-High, when it first was allowed to be used, was pretty bad and taxing even on a super computer.  My computer was almost brand new, top-of-the-line when I first got into beta, and I was still only getting around 20-30 fps.  In this latest beta weekend I'm getting around 60fps consistantly.

All in all, if you don't like the game that's fine.  I'm sure a lot of people aren't going to like it.  If you like it, I welcome you to the game, and hopefully you'll have as much enjoyment as I will :)

For King and Covenant!

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by AmjocoWhenever there are different ideas from developers, the masses demolish it. GW2 and TSW are good examples of why people don't like things different. Sandboxes will more than likely have to be classified in a separate genre imho because the diehard raid and dungeon fans won't like them.

GW2 is probably the most successful fantasy MMORPG of the bunch so I don't see how that is an example of anything. Certainly more successful than a Rift or WAR etc. That is one that actually worked. TSW failed because of the awful combat in the game, not because it isn't what people want.

Most of these games I have some degree of respect for. Rift at least tried to do some dynamic things with the invasions. GW2 tried something with the event chains and jumping puzzles etc. SWTOR tried to have a deeper story telling experience even if it mostly failed. TSW really nailed the story telling and puzzles. WAR tried to integrate the RvR more than any previous game had etc.

ESO is nothing but a money grab. They took skyrim, added straight out of the typical themepark questing from MMORPG and tried to get peoples cash. WildStar is about the same, a pretty straight clone of WoW. These games aren't just bad, they aren't just games I dislike, they are insults to the player base. They aren't even trying to make something good at this point, they just want to get something out the door and collect their money.

Originally posted by AmjocoWhenever there are different ideas from developers, the masses demolish it. GW2 and TSW are good examples of why people don't like things different. Sandboxes will more than likely have to be classified in a separate genre imho because the diehard raid and dungeon fans won't like them.

GW2 is probably the most successful fantasy MMORPG of the bunch so I don't see how that is an example of anything. Certainly more successful than a Rift or WAR etc. That is one that actually worked. TSW failed because of the awful combat in the game, not because it isn't what people want.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love GW2 and TSW. I still play them both. But, on this website you will find that the attitude of most is dislike because they did try something different. Different is not good in most cases. People want change and then complain that it is different.

And, you gave an example of TSW's combat, which in my opinion is pretty good. No matter what, people are going to tear each game apart for what "they" feel is wrong with the game and they don't like about it. You didn't like the combat, and I did. I didn't like Tera's combat, you might!

• ArchonMk1ArchonMk1 Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by bahamud70

to become yogurt cheese, needs a lot of time to make cheese became emental should recycle more

Best review ever. QFT.

Personally, I've been "worried" about TESO since it was announced and am sad to have to admit that my fear was valid. The magnificent and flawed epics that are the Elder Scrolls games have translated awkwardly into an MMO. There is potential, still, particularly the feeling of looking through one's character's eyes and thinking, "I can go anywhere, now and do anything!"

Unfortunately the character models, character features, texturing and animations are just nowhere near my expectations. Worse, I've taken to calling the combat system "click and pray" because of the nearly half-second delay between clicking an attack and the character beginning to do anything. When doing more than sniping from a distance, it becomes a mashing of mouse and buttons repeatedly, rather than an immediately responsive flow. Once the character does finally get in motion, there is little to distinguish between a normal attack and a (hopefully) deadly special, leaving me feeling, "did it fire and I missed it, did I mis-time it, or did the game just not register that I asked it a while ago to do my special wham-bam JuDieNOW?"

I'm still holding out for ESO to get its act together, but I'm not happy about playing through 20 hours of tedium to get to liking it.

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by Iselin

I'm way beyond trying to change anyone's mind about this game: like it or don't it's all the same to me.

But this OP really stands out as a perfect example of barely scratching the surface of an MMO that takes time get the hang of. The one thing that keeps coming to mind whenever I play is how different from the WOW-formula themepark this game is in just about all respects. It definitely takes you out of your comfort zone and makes you re-learn how to do just about everything.

I bet a lot of people go into it  thinking "Sorcerer... ok, got it... light armor and a staff or 2"... "DK... heavy armor and melee weapons"....or my original archer build: Nightblade with medium armor.... It wasn't until yesterday that I figured out that my favorite archer is an Altmer Lightning Sorcerer wearing medium armor lol.

But hey, if you want to approach it like WOW, get frustrated it, dismiss it, and tell the world that it sucks, that's OK too... but its your loss.

This ^^^^^^^

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

TBH i hated this game during my first try at one of the betas. But grouping/trading took me a total of 10 seconds to figure out. It does has the elder scrolls feeling but being an mmo some things had to change sadly. If you do not like the game its understandable considering this is a step away from the WoW theory the gamers have grown dependent on. And in all honesty the game does not really pick up till after level 10. i was bashing my head in to the wall till i hit 13 then i started to really enjoy the exploration and combat.

Combat in this game to me at least dose not feel like i am just standing there trading blows like i did on WoW. I feel more in control of my character though the auto aim on bow sucks balls and wish they would take it out of the game. All in all ESO offers something slightly different from the standard mmo and i find it worth the time.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Honestly I think most Elder Scrolls games are clunky, plain, and the stories often don't pull me in. There are a few stories that I do indeed like. But more often than not I just like exploring the world and seeing what I can find/steal in them. I was leaning on the side of not purchasing Elder Scrolls Online but at the same time it's pretty much the same thing we've been getting with a subscription fee and multiplayer. There are a few MMO elements that I do indeed enjoy.

They've reintroduced the classic public dungeons and apparently have a loot that's based off of randomized stats separated into tiers rather than specific predetermined gear from bosses (something similar to Diablo or at least that's what I've been told). So it allows for some additional replayability.

The PvP is suppose to be better than Guild Wars 2 but my main concern is related to the future of the game. If an MMO isn't always producing new content for players (especially myself) I lose interest. I want to be assured that PvP will have more content added to it or if PvE will have more content. I'm not talking about minor content where only a dungeon or two are added. I want to see full blown expansions for the game.

I think your last paragraph summed up every mmofpg and it's life. There are 4 continents around Nirn they could work with too.

I would love the game to incorporate the lore in some way. It is the best part of the ES game series and to me has the most extensive story of any game out there. Perhaps they could bring in a "way back machine" or something that you go back in time and defeat Daedra worshipers from different eras. Or team up with Dwemer and find out what the story was with them. There is so much the developers could do with this title besides making it a common mmorpg by utilizing more of its lore.

edit: One of my main concerns with the game is there is no water exploration. This could possibly be some more content. /shrug

• AndraviusAndravius Member UncommonPosts: 82

Well started playing after getting in a ~12:30 yesterday.  Tried out several factions just to see the starting areas, before going back to the first character I made, Khajit(sp) fighter.  At about 10:30, it hit me that I might as well be playing EQ2.  The 'been there, done that' feeling hit me hard.  Logged out and probably won't be back.  Game is just too much like EQ2(or others for that matter).  Already subscibed to EQ2 and just can't see any reason to subscibe to ESO.  Its just not different enough for me.  Maybe if it was ftp I might dabble in it on occasion. 

It doesn't help that the game has been tainted by consolitis as well.  Most recent games have been ruined by the "mouse as a game pad" crap that just doesn't work.  Can't see why we can't use the number keys and press, say 1 and 5 combo to do a special move.

IMO disclaimer on this.

Originally posted by Andravius

Well started playing after getting in a ~12:30 yesterday.  Tried out several factions just to see the starting areas, before going back to the first character I made, Khajit(sp) fighter.  At about 10:30, it hit me that I might as well be playing EQ2.  The 'been there, done that' feeling hit me hard.  Logged out and probably won't be back.  Game is just too much like EQ2(or others for that matter).  Already subscibed to EQ2 and just can't see any reason to subscibe to ESO.  Its just not different enough for me.  Maybe if it was ftp I might dabble in it on occasion. 

It doesn't help that the game has been tainted by consolitis as well.  Most recent games have been ruined by the "mouse as a game pad" crap that just doesn't work.  Can't see why we can't use the number keys and press, say 1 and 5 combo to do a special move.

IMO disclaimer on this.

Your disclaimer is perfect! :)

I don't think it's anything like EQ2 and the UI and combat system is the same as that in Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I don't think the "mouse as a game pad" thing is new, since it has been used since about 2002.