Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

did the new changes not get added to this beta?

zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969
Been messing around in the beta and i noticed i still go through enemys and when making a new character i still ended up at the starter islands. Are those coming later during beta or just not til launch?

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    No, this build is about 3 months old

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    No, this build is about 3 months old

Grrrr...

Why you no update Zen...

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    Wow hope they updated the combat, its terribad.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Isn't this just a stress test? 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Entropy14

The combat plays pretty much like the other ES games. If you didn't like them, you probably won't like ESO. /shrug

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Amjoco

The combat plays pretty much like the other ES games. If you didn't like them, you probably won't like ESO. /shrug

Just getting started, but I have to agree, it has a very Skyrim feel to it, pretty awkward for us PC users, probably good with a controller I'm guessing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Just getting started, but I have to agree, it has a very Skyrim feel to it, pretty awkward for us PC users, probably good with a controller I'm guessing.

Ya, I think in a way it takes a bit of a step back as far as control goes. These (Elder Scrolls) games have been out for a while and to stay with the originality of the franchise, they need to stick with the system they have been using. It's a wonderful way to adventure if you use the first person view, but for PvP I don't recommend it. The third person is what I  have been using for playing ESO, but for Oblivion and Skyrim it's first person, so it is a bit to adapt to! 

As far as people not like the combat system, I would have to recommend that they find something different to play. IMHO, this is the right choice for this game, anything different and it wouldn't be different.

• DeddmeatDeddmeat Member UncommonPosts: 387

Seem to be more bugs in this beta which is odd, btw were we able to see everyone's level last time round? If not it's one of the worst things to put in an update ever, info you definately don't need on other PC's.

If you want to know their level, ask.

• Combat as like a clumsy version of Skyrim, so if you've played Skyrim recently it will probably be somewhat of a letdown. Supposedly they've adressed this and other criticisms, but I guess that build isn't ready yet.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I'm just getting into it, feeling like I'm getting better. Blocking, kiting and CC are being put together and I'm feeling quite cozy. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

I actually liked the combat a lot more than the other ES games.  Might be due to the ridiculous amount of skills you can switch out to keep it interesting.  But it feels a bit better.  Only thing it's lacking is that impact feeling when our blows land.  But hopefully the collision detection patch will improve that. 

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

See, I don't agree with you here.

This is going to be a monthly subscription game some things should not be ignored just because the single player had clunky combat (Which it's not as bad as in the online version).

If you are going with a monthly fee I expect quality not copying stuff from the single player even tough they were called numerous times for not being that fun ie combat.

• ImperialSunImperialSun Member Posts: 212
    Agree with bloodaxes....combat was widely recognised as one of the weakest parts of the ES games. Bethesda should not be keeping the sub par aspects sub par in the new game just for the sake of feeling like ES.

The combat should be more refined and slicker...not worse than games like Oblivion...

Driz
  • seafirexseafirex Member UncommonPosts: 419

Agree also with the fact of the combat. That's is what i don't like and hope it change before release.

I bit ago i said in a post i love the game but don't know if i am going to buy it. Because i have a few thing i don't like in the game. And that was it.

It feels off  compared to other mmorpg, and the fact that this game is very pvp it turn me off right away because of the combat mecanics. It wont be able to compete with the others of the same genre because of this. It will be good but if not improved then ....

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

really ... i dont see how the combat is cluncky... not even with this build,   its howwever less flashy and a lot slower then most MMo´s... but then its also more realistic in Melee...    Combat is atleast as good as in other MMO´s ... and when you get intoo grouping areas or PvP  it really starts to shine, also in this older build...

If you dont like it at all after like 40 hours of testing, i would not go for this game

If you want flashy combat and fast action... there is allways Wildstar thats more suited for that kind of gameplay

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

I hate people that say you don't like the combat because it's not "flashy enough".

Being flashy or not the animations are not smooth, there's no collision/indication you hit someone and this makes melee combat look weird.

Want an example of a great melee combat? Mount & Blade Warband, there's even Darksouls.

Warband with it's unoptimized engine could handle 200 people in a server (I know I have been in them numerous times) still doesn't change the fact the animations are smoother and it even has, manual aiming with bows/crossbows/throwing weapons not auto target, collision detection between friendly and enemies, feinting which this doesn't have and directional attacks which even skyrim has and this doesn't (The charge attack is different depending on which way you are moving).

The combat is what you will be doing for most of your journey if you don't like how it feels there's no point in playing imo.

Originally posted by Bloodaxes

See, I don't agree with you here.

This is going to be a monthly subscription game some things should not be ignored just because the single player had clunky combat (Which it's not as bad as in the online version).

If you are going with a monthly fee I expect quality not copying stuff from the single player even tough they were called numerous times for not being that fun ie combat.

Well I disagree. Gotta keep some integrity with the rest of the games. The system works perfectly fine and works well with the mmo. I'm not sure what you are getting at with a fee. Your saying make the gameplay more like WoW if we pay a fee? If you can't adapt then you probably should just stick with what you know best.

Were does wow even come from? I didn't even mention it.

The point is if this game is going with a monthly subscription it should have quality not subpar combat simple as that. Just because the single player has a not that great combat which again is better than the online version as in the single player the charge attack is direction based doesn't mean people need to accommodate clunkiness and bugs that the single player version is fond off with an added monthly fee.

I appreciate you like the game, good for you! Just don't be blind and accuse others of liking another game and are bashing your loved one. Nothing good comes out from blind loving a game and defending it over and over when the issue is apparent and many find it clunky.