Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eso beta kill stealing

moondragomoondrago Member UncommonPosts: 47
this  game  sucks   donkey balls ... no matter where i was  at   everyone  was  jumping in on my fight... all the   warrior  were   just  steal killing my fights  WTF is  up with  that  not a  game  for me   ..for  that  one  simple  reason   .. also the amout of  lag  was  unreall.. but  its  beta  ..... this  game is  done  before  it even gets out the  door 

its a GoOd dAy to diE !!

Comments

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

^ pretty sure it does

• augustgraceaugustgrace Member UncommonPosts: 628
    There is no kill stealing.  Everyone who hits a mob gets credit.  
  • BruhzaBruhza Member UncommonPosts: 391

In a realistic fantasy sort of setting (What I consider ESO anyways) I think it makes sense to allow others to help you fight......

I mean, if I was under attack by a demon thing I think I would want someone to assist me in killing it rather than having them watch me die while standing to the side.

Personally I think you disliked the game before you tried it and will find any reason to hate it, and no, I am not a huge fan of the game. Play what you enjoy, ignore those who disagree. 

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    So the games crap because your e-peen got dented? Cool :D
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Locking combat feels very EQ late 90s today.

But sure, in a beta and the first few days after launch the very high population in start areas gets annoying, but locking the combat doesn't help since then you have a load of people just waiting for a mob to tag.

Still, if this is the worst you seen so far then all is good since once the population spreads out a little it will fix itself.

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

If you are really lagging that bad maybe you should either upgrade your pc or get in touch with your ISP.

Last beta test my char hitched a lot- screen would freeze for a few 2nds then when it unfroze everything moved like it was on speed til it caught up but so far have only had 1 instance of this in this beta.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    Originally posted by moondrago
    this  game  sucks   donkey balls ... no matter where i was  at   everyone  was  jumping in on my fight... all the   warrior  were   just  steal killing my fights  WTF is  up with  that  not a  game  for me   ..for  that  one  simple  reason   .. also the amout of  lag  was  unreall.. but  its  beta  ..... this  game is  done  before  it even gets out the  door 

because there is no kill stealing at this game? noob

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    even if there was, so what stop being a baby.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

There is no kill stealing in this game, but there sure is kill "leeching".

I fought mobs down to say 10% and constantly someone else who run by gave it an autohit to be able to loot it. I'm not exactly sure how the serverside settings are in regards to contributing to a kill, but the required dmg done to be able to loot a mob could be a bit higher.

Originally posted by Asheram

If you are really lagging that bad maybe you should either upgrade your pc or get in touch with your ISP.

Last beta test my char hitched a lot- screen would freeze for a few 2nds then when it unfroze everything moved like it was on speed til it caught up but so far have only had 1 instance of this in this beta.

In a beta, that is always hard to say. Maybe one of OPs hardware or drivers doesn't work well with the beta for the moment (One of the reasons you have betas is to test all possible PC setups, no company can have everything). Maybe the game isn't optimized for his OS, maybe he have some malware or his computer is just full of crap.

I would not buy a new computer just based on any beta and neither would I call my ISP unless other games lagged terrible as well. 

We can not say what OPs problem is, maybe he just have bad luck or his server got overcrowded for that matter. With betas you have to live with lag, bugs and low bitrate, if the game were in perfect shape and working perfectly with all possible hardware and software it would be released.

Still, if I were OP I would clean up my PC (maybe reinstall windows  if that was a long time ago), update all drivers and run an anti malware software (like Add-aware or something). It never hurts to have the computer perform at peak even if that might not be the problem here.

• BossalinieBossalinie Member UncommonPosts: 724

Putting together the age of the OP's account and his post is almost inconceivable...

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

maybe hes playing a different game

Originally posted by Volgore

There is no kill stealing in this game, but there sure is kill "leeching".

I fought mobs down to say 10% and constantly someone else who run by gave it an autohit to be able to loot it. I'm not exactly sure how the serverside settings are in regards to contributing to a kill, but the required dmg done to be able to loot a mob could be a bit higher.

That is a problem with this type of combat yes. It was like that in GW2 before, but now you need to do more than that to get loot, I think it is certain percent of the HP in damage so people just wont just get in a small hit on a champion.

It is something that will be fine-tuned in time though so the problem will most likely go away but it is important that the beta testers report stuff like that so the devs can tune it as good as it can get. It still wont be perfect, there will always be situations when someone think they should get loot or that someone else didn't do enough but it is a trade-off, and one I consider worth it.

At least you get rid of the old problem when you wait a long time for a spawn and someone else who just shows up tag it a milisecond before you, that happened a lot in the older MMOs.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

quit whining and man up

or go play a game like GW2 or WoW where they build on philosophy to nurse players as much as possible

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by Asheram

In a beta, that is always hard to say. Maybe one of OPs hardware or drivers doesn't work well with the beta for the moment (One of the reasons you have betas is to test all possible PC setups, no company can have everything). Maybe the game isn't optimized for his OS, maybe he have some malware or his computer is just full of crap.

I would not buy a new computer just based on any beta and neither would I call my ISP unless other games lagged terrible as well. 

We can not say what OPs problem is, maybe he just have bad luck or his server got overcrowded for that matter. With betas you have to live with lag, bugs and low bitrate, if the game were in perfect shape and working perfectly with all possible hardware and software it would be released.

Still, if I were OP I would clean up my PC (maybe reinstall windows  if that was a long time ago), update all drivers and run an anti malware software (like Add-aware or something). It never hurts to have the computer perform at peak even if that might not be the problem here.

Totally agree. Remember GW2s GPU driver optimizations didn't get implemented until the last minute before release.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by StarI

quit whining and man up

or go play a game like GW2 or WoW where they build on philosophy to nurse players as much as possible

Oh my! Don't put a hex on this game!

I hope this one gets harder instead of easier!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    this is why I hate themeparks and love sandbox ffa pvp games... someone is kill stealing or taking your loot? well theres no artificial boundaries stopping you from teaching him a lesson...
  • LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by YoungCaesar
    this is why I hate themeparks and love sandbox ffa pvp games... someone is kill stealing or taking your loot? well theres no artificial boundaries stopping you from teaching him a lesson...

Yet another noob that has no clue what he's talking about.  There is no KSing in this game nor is anyone ninja looting.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Originally posted by Torvaldr
    I thought this game used open tapping like GW2 where everyone gets rewarded for contributing to a fight.

It does, run around and spam everything once and you get rewards without any sort of risk, it is pathetic.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    the only thing close to someone taking something that is "yours" is if you are going to gather/mine something and they hit E first. once they are done it vanishes. but as far as KILL stealing there is no such thing

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

Fail troll is fail.
  • SyllendaleSyllendale Member UncommonPosts: 162
    What I am worried about NOW is... Where is the OP at? 3 pages in and no where to be seen?.... please tell me they are ok...........someone......please? *lower lip quiver* ... 
  • UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281
    This was an obvious troll and you all fell for it.  Stop responding so the thread dies please.

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• YoungCaesarYoungCaesar Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Originally posted by Latronus
    Originally posted by YoungCaesar

Yet another noob that has no clue what he's talking about.  There is no KSing in this game nor is anyone ninja looting.

yeah because the game holds your hand and distributes loot to the person who killed it, making ninja looting "impossible"... which sucks, takes away a reason to fight other players...

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

I've had no lag, so get a better internet connection or PC.  As for killstealing - you can't!  It's open tapping, as they call it. You hit it, you get credit.  You even get your own loot.

This discussion has been closed.