Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

playmassive.de EPIC beta fail

Hal9kHal9k Member UncommonPosts: 38

This German MMO site gave out 700 keys yesterday for this weekend's beta. Out of thousands of entrants I was one of the lucky winners. I recieved my code email last night and was elated. This morning I go to input my key and...it's only 3 digits long. Turns out that due to sheer incompetence (they used an excel spreadsheet to track the entries, and someone scrambled the fields) they not only gave out bogus keys, but lost the association of email to key. They then failed AGAIN to rematch the keys to emails with a new method, and had to start the giveaway again this morning on an obscure page. Of course, they were all gone by the time I got there. 

The only thing I'll give them is they came right out and said we blew it. Excel...really? The didn't have even a copy of the sheet, let alone a backup? Just....wow. Facepalm squared.

Comments

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741
    You wanna go mi mi?

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• Hal9kHal9k Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Originally posted by Tygranir
    You wanna go mi mi?

I...what?

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    unlucky dude. you get my sympathies.

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!