Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why i think PvP only does not work

124»

Comments

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Satarious
    Originally posted by Dax360

It does ... you want those shards for sure and them extra skillpoints... espescially if you are a min maxer..

I allready predicted whining PvPers on these boards because the game forces them to PvE to get those skillpoints they need for PvP...

and having 60 or 70 or maybe 100 skillpoints for a PvPer will feel like a loose loose if those PvE ers all have above 200 and some near to 300

In the end this game works best for players that love both the PE as the PvP part....   and i am very affraid that most of the PvP only crowd will leave the battlefield with a single word in their minds..... Unfair...  because there is no special PvP armor and they dont get a gear advantage and they have to live with a bare minimum of skillpoints..

As someone who mainly PVPs, but does enjoy the PVE and Exploration aspects on occasion, I have no sympathy for people like that. It's not like PVPers haven't been explained the leveling system going into the game, so they should plan their characters accordingly. Also, if the Skyshard locations are static (which they have appeared to be in Beta) within 2 - 3 months damn near every skyshard in the game is going to be mapped out. It's not going to be all that difficult to go find them.

In the words of Columbo, "Just one more thing." Since you can earn SP from quests, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the more difficult repeatable PVP quests allow you earn SPs.  I believe this will also help to mitigate the issue.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

its actually quite simple.... most the skillpoints you aquire trough PvE... Quests and exploration

So everyone that aims to jump to ten and do strictly PvP from there on, don´t tell us we didn´t tell you...

I like steam rolling all over people like you on the battlefield.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• QuorinaQuorina Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    If you want to play PvP only, you dont play mmorpgs. You play PvP only games.

That would be wise.....

But none of the PvP only games have the depth and combat mechanics of some of the MMOs

And so many hardcore PvPers come to these games for PvP only

Well, it doesn't really matter what "hardcore PvPers" want, because the fact of the matter is, most people that play MMORPGs indulge in both PvP *and* PvE, even if they do one more than the other.

Plus, this is mmorpg.com, where so many people want sandbox FFA PvP full loot systems. Hardly a scientific sample, I guarantee you.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by Quorina
    Originally posted by Kuinn
    If you want to play PvP only, you dont play mmorpgs. You play PvP only games.

That would be wise.....

But none of the PvP only games have the depth and combat mechanics of some of the MMOs

And so many hardcore PvPers come to these games for PvP only

Well, it doesn't really matter what "hardcore PvPers" want, because the fact of the matter is, most people that play MMORPGs indulge in both PvP *and* PvE, even if they do one more than the other.

Plus, this is mmorpg.com, where so many people want sandbox FFA PvP full loot systems. Hardly a scientific sample, I guarantee you.

Where are these people coming from that think that if an MMO is focused on PvP its not an MMORPG?

Planetside 2 has more RPG features than most MMORPGs, and it certainly has more MM in it than games like Rift, SWTOR, AoC and the like.