Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of CyberpowerPC!

LuraluLuralu Member UncommonPosts: 11

I would give anything to go back to May 2013 and buy another Alienware PC instead of a CyberpowerPC!! I thought I would save a few bucks. Extra bucks spent would have been preferrable to the experience I have had with these guys.

I have a Black Pearl with several upgrades and wish I didn't - I hate it. This computer is crap. I have sent it back twice, the first time at my own expense,  the 2nd time because they didn't catch the real problem the first time, however they did pay the shipping bill. I had a faulty motherboard that caused my cooling system to not work properly and my pc was overheating. I have had it back since November and I don't crash out of games anymore, but I get at least 1 blue screen daily. 

I am done messing with them. I don't like them. I don't like the run around I got. I don't want to deal with them anymore.

I am, however, going to do my best to make sure no one else stumbles into this mess. 

If you are good with hardware and can fix your own issues, go for it. Otherwise, leave CyberpowerPC alone. You WILL have issues and they aren't prepared to service their product.  

Go Alienware! I wish my really old Alienware Area 51i was still alive. I miss it!!

Comments

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Bought 3 Alien's before I picked up my CyberPower to save a few bucks.  My CyberPower is quite nice and never had a problem with it.  I'm quite satisfied with it and may pick up another one from them in a year or so.

Sorry you had issues with yours.

Ratero.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    Build you own, it is not that hard and you can get good advice on components if you ask around.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    i have an alienware wich im quite satisfied with lasted me 4+ years still running mos of todays games. However there customer service isnt that great either. Theres always going to be on person out there from one service or another that has a bad experience 
  • HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by DMKano

I just build my own - been doing it since early 90s.

That way you get the exact motherboard, cpu, ram, case, ps, heatsink/fans, gpu, etc... 

My 2c.

Man I remember my pentium 60 with an external crystal - lol - it had a VESA slot on that motherboard :P

My 1st was a P90 with a whopping 16megs of ram (2 sticks of 8 that cost $160 each),  a 2mb diamond stealth graphics accelerator, and a 2400kbps modem, ohh and two 280mb hard drives.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Although I would slightly disagree, I will agree too. I have bought two computers from them but have ended up having to do some hardware/software changes as it is clear now, to me, that they don't have the best hardware combos.
  • squeaky1squeaky1 Member Posts: 172

I also have a computer from Cyberpower.  It took a little longer than I expected to get it, but I have had no problems with it otherwise.

I can't answer for the problems you've had, but my experience with them has been very positive.

- How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?

- I don't know, but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Exactly what hardware do you have in your computer?  Because if you ask them to give you cheap junk hardware, they will.
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

I bought mine here:

http://www.ibuypower.com/

Don't forget that Alienware is now owned by Dell, which is why the customer service sucks now. But they do last a long time.

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

A few years ago, I purchased a computer from cyberpowerPC. I had nothing but problems with it and there customer service was horrid!  Worst computer experience i ever had, period.  < they sent my computer out with a 400w power supply instead of the 450 which was supposed to come with it, all it did was shut down on start up. There response to me was it was a windows problem with Vista and that it wouldnt work untill microsoft fixed the OS. The power supply being wrong i didnt discover for 4 months, because i did not open the computer up, i was told NOT to by customer service. Once i discovered the real problem, they tried to tell me it wasnt possible that they sent the wrong power supply in it. I was FURIOUS to say the least. They then wanted me to send the system back via my expense and told me that they would charge me for the new power supply. That was the last i talked with them. I didnt send it back. I got a friend to come over and help me install a new power supply and teach me how the insides work on a computer. He then taught me how to build my own . The motherboard soon died and the ram failed all with in 3 months . I wound up spending an additional $500 dollars to get it working correctly.

NEVER BUY FROM CyberpowerPC  .

• Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

They are ripoff artists.

Instead of putting a cooling fan on the side vent of my case they took one of the fans off the radiator and bolted it to the case so I only had one fan on one side of the radiator instead of both and also they use underpowered power supplies if you have beefy cards and such put in plus they are garbage power supplies from crap manufacturers. 

My power supply failed and was under warranty and I had to mail it back at my cost and then it took 35 days from them to ship me a replacement that was the same 600watt under powered piece of garbage they had in there before and refused to upgrade it even with me offering to pay the difference for a higher capacity ps.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

they are cheap but they have been known to use pre-owned parts and other cost cutting techniques.

best way to save cash on making a gaming rig is to get the parts and do it yourself, or find a friend who can do it and get them a nice case of beer and maybe some pizza.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I have never bought from them but I am planning to. There are positive reviews as well. Mi cousin bought from them and he is satisfied after a year.

I have noticed they always put crappy generic power supplies to lower the cost of their bundles and sales, same happens with other parts. But you can always (and should) pick the brand you want , specially with power supplies which are the heart of your system.

Always go for the good brands on power supplies like Corsair or Thermaltake when buying a desktop. It will save you a lot of troubles in the long run.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    They are known to be a buy at your own risk vendor. YMMV but one thing that won't should you need to utilize it is their after service. That has tainted experience written all over it.
  • monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622

Never had a problem with them and I just bought my second laptop from them too. My personal favorite is Falcon Northwest, but they are very expensive; although they have the best customer svc I've ever experienced. 

Sorry you had a bad experience with Cyberpower, but it's no where close to Alienware. Worst ever. 

• plasticfaceplasticface Member Posts: 15
    They are chinese scammers that use cheap parts from china and sometimes used parts. they will try to give you generic cheap crap even tho u paid for good brands. Its a shame they are on good sites like NewEgg.
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

Alienware is overpriced junk. 

Build your own PC, it is very simple, if you don't know how, watch a youtube video and within an hour you can do it. Research parts of course or use a guide to know what to pick out or something like post on here and ask. 

You can buy 2 home built PCs with the same power as one Alienware with same power.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• RedCurryRedCurry Member UncommonPosts: 70
    I've bought 4 PCs from them (cyberpower) since 2006 or so, 2 are current with one of them less than a year old. I never had any issue with them. Weird that I read totally different experiences from other people. I'd say I'm just lucky, but I would think after all this time that I would have had a bad experience by now. I wouldn't give anyone my business if I ever felt burned.
  • DatawarlockDatawarlock Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Luralu

I would give anything to go back to May 2013 and buy another Alienware PC instead of a CyberpowerPC!! I thought I would save a few bucks. Extra bucks spent would have been preferrable to the experience I have had with these guys.

I have a Black Pearl with several upgrades and wish I didn't - I hate it. This computer is crap. I have sent it back twice, the first time at my own expense,  the 2nd time because they didn't catch the real problem the first time, however they did pay the shipping bill. I had a faulty motherboard that caused my cooling system to not work properly and my pc was overheating. I have had it back since November and I don't crash out of games anymore, but I get at least 1 blue screen daily. 

I am done messing with them. I don't like them. I don't like the run around I got. I don't want to deal with them anymore.

I am, however, going to do my best to make sure no one else stumbles into this mess. 

If you are good with hardware and can fix your own issues, go for it. Otherwise, leave CyberpowerPC alone. You WILL have issues and they aren't prepared to service their product.  

Go Alienware! I wish my really old Alienware Area 51i was still alive. I miss it!!

As someone that has to 'represent' Dell in too many daily capacities, I seriously doubt your validity of trying to market a Dell owned brand. Alienwares are as shitty as their Dell counterparts, luckily not a whole lot of people around here have bought one or I'd have had to repair more than the 9 or so that I have. It's cheaper to just build your own, plus you know the quality of every single component you're putting into whatever case you get. What your rant should be saying is "Don't buy any comp made by the fast food computer industry, build one instead."

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i cant say anything about their customer service because ive never had problems with Cyberpower PC to contact them.  I bought my Cyberpower rig in early 2010 for a decent price and in 2011-12 upgraded video card, power supply and more ram. Have been playing non stop since then.

• PhogoXPhogoX Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I have purchased 2 PCs from Cyberpower and 1 for ibuypower.  All worked for years and were quality builds.  I bought during christmas sales and was hundreds of dollars less then buying the exact components and building it myself.
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

I have had friends that have purchased from both Cyberpower and Ipower. Both have had their PC's wonk out on them in a little under six months. Both have told me some BAD things about dealing with each respective companies service departments. Neither was able to get satisfaction and both have since had to junk their PC's for some other company.

I have only purchased (in the last 10 years) gaming computers from Falcon NW. Yes, they are a bit pricey but I have never had a "bad" build nor terrible service if I had a question or any small issues. If I could find the time and patience, I would build my own. But, I still do not think I could get the quality and support which Falcon NW provides.

My opinion.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• DeathsmindDeathsmind Member UncommonPosts: 185
    I bought mine 4 years ago and still going strong. Not all products work 100% of the time. That is definitely true with the PC world. 
  • PsylacusPsylacus Member Posts: 13

Well check out www.xidax.com. They are a newer pc builder with good pricing and they seem to be super active. Might be worth giving it a shot. I mean nothing beats doing it yourself but not everyone wants to :)

• VendakuVendaku Member Posts: 77
    Gents, you should always build your own computers. You not only buy exactly what you want, but it is also cheaper. You know that the components are brand new and in general, custom built PCs seem to last longer! (At least in my experience)