Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are gamers suffering from crowd funding burnout?

2»

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Both ToA and Pantheon promise the stars and the moon, one from unknowns with no titles to their name and the other from a dev that, to some, comes with some serious baggage. Their lack of funding has nothing to do with burnout. 

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ArndushArndush Member Posts: 303

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Originally posted by Arndush

Sorry if I wasn't clearer. I did not mean the game itself is necessarily a failure. However, their Kickstarter campaigns were unsuccessful after some rather amazing successes over the past year. I hope that clears it up for you.

Or may be it is just a case of familiarity breeds contempt?

When KS is new, people are attracted to new things, and if the amount of money is small .. they go "why not"?

Now KS is no longer new and novel, and potential backers are scrutinizing the projects more, and less likely to just back something if the idea sounds good.

That's entirely possible as well.

Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Both ToA and Pantheon promise the stars and the moon, one from unknowns with no titles to their name and the other from a dev that, to some, comes with some serious baggage. Their lack of funding has nothing to do with burnout. 

All good points. Maybe burnout wasn't the correct phrasing. But thanks very much for chiming in.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Personally I already invested in 3 games I cannot play yet, something would really have to blow my mind to make me do a 4th.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!