It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
- Replacing grinding with a procedurally generated environment with lots of walking. The game will have lots of dynamic events and many sandbox elements in place that you can do along the way, as well as procedurally generating stuff that makes you have to tactically approach. Essentially the landscape will be MASSIVE, and there will be a lot of walking (days, weeks, etc) to draw out gameplay which is essentially what grinding does.
- Action combat based on combo's- I.E. say you have basic "building block" abilities on your hotbar, kick, punch, dodge, etc, and when used together form combo attacks. Potentially an infinite amount of attacks in this way.
- Open world PvP, however with an optional toggle that requires the person to "pay into" a faction with a number of resources to get this temporary status. The cost will be hefty so as to make sure that only people really willing to impede their progress if they do it continuously.
- The above would be one server type, another would be a server with much enhanced and much more dangerous PvE. Not so much health and damage wise but more in terms of how well the A.I. reacts. This will come with little to no PvP, although a switch similar to WoW may be provided.
- An optional server type where "survivalism" is enabled as well as many skill lines for survivalism from detailed and general ones to basic damage/debuff modifier skill lines like "cold water swimming endurance" and such.
- The difficulty of the area being determined by how far the server has explored the area around the center where everybody starts. Farther out will become increasingly more difficult until it becomes an impenetrable wall of difficulty until earlier areas are fully explored, while as more is explored, areas closer to the center become easier and the resources from them get more abundant. Essentially a "tier" system but one procedurally generated and influenced by the overall servers dedication.
-Non-static monster spawns. Monsters roam around their "biome", similar to Minecraft, and in fact actively seek players and other monsters they may be of "enemy factions" so you'd be able to see, say, and orc fighting an elf before the orc kills the elf and turns on you. Part of surviving farther away from the center would involve trying to make yourself the least noticeable, and having more people in those parts would in fact draw an exponential increase of monster meaning that the farther out you go, the more solo-friendly it gets.
- Being the first to do a dungeon or raid guarantees your group will get every possible drop, including one-of-a-kind unique items that increase in stats with the progression of the server. Also any member of the server first to do a dungeon or raid will be able to sell the "memories" of it in some fashion so that others can do the dungeon. Dungeons do not respawn their NPC's in the actual physical world and once done can only be repeated in that memory system. But they can spawn entirely new opponents.
- Little to no initial customization. One predefined race (not human), and your body type is randomly generated however will fall within a medium. Customization would be done later by actually doing things that would make you look a certain way; i.e. toggle-able dynamic hair growth, muscle increase from strength related activities, etc.
- Uncapped preparation benefits. For example, one could sharpen a sword before combat in a quick animation, and it might get a +3% boost in damage. Say if this person does it for 15 minutes in a short mini-game like thing, it might get a 10% boost. The longer the person does it, the more of a boost it gets, but the smaller the boost gets. 30 minutes might be 15%, an hour 16%, etc. It'll get smaller and smaller but never stop. The same for cooking, brewing potions, etc.
- Destructible terrain, at least in the form of ground. This would/could be utilized for procedurally generated veins of ore and gems, and used to mark specific special locations like dungeon entrances, treasure, etc.
Alright that's it for now, I want everybody to be brutally honest about these ideas but if you can leave some feedback that'd be great too