Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just want to play.

KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130

*don't ant to spend hours making a group

*don't want to spend hours reading a quest

*don't want to spend hours running to a zone

*don't want to queue up for anything

there is so much entertainment at our fingertips, wasting time just to have fun i silly.

Comments

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Originally posted by Kiyoris

there is so much entertainment at our fingertips, wasting time just to have fun i silly.

Then PLAY ! :)

Nobody is forcing you to play anything you don't want to..

Like you said, there is a lot of entertainment at your fingertips, just pick the one that is best for you!

Believe it or not, other people might think that reading quests, socializing to form solid groups  (that won't disband after 10min or following the 1st whipe),  and running through zones is their idea of fun ! :)

Waiting in line (queue) for something though, yes, that`s a waste of time! =)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by Kyleran

*I have the social skills necessary to quickly make a group

*I have the ability to quickly read and comprehend while reading a quest

*I love dragging down my enemies keep knowing they will have to spend too longrunning to defend.

*don't want to queue up for anything"- Definitely.

Thank goodness there is some entertainment at our fingertips, that provides a challenge and helps to develop and exhibit our skills instead of wasting time just to have silly fun.

Fixed that for you.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by blastermaster

Then PLAY ! :)

Nobody is forcing you to play anything you don't want to..

Like you said, there is a lot of entertainment at your fingertips, just pick the one that is best for you!

Believe it or not, other people might think that reading quests, socializing to form solid groups  (that won't disband after 10min or following the 1st whipe),  and running through zones is their idea of fun ! :)

Waiting in line (queue) for something though, yes, that`s a waste of time! =)

Exactly, there are many games that you can jump in and play.

I just restart to play D3 again after the wonderful 2.01 patch ... if you want a RPG dungeon romp ... you can just jump in and start killing stuff .. by yourself, or with a group. No fuss, no waiting, no walking, no chatting.

I don't want to socialize in my games, but i don't need to complain because lots of games don't force me to do that.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

*I have the social skills necessary to quickly make a group

*I have the ability to quickly read and comprehend while reading a quest

*I love dragging down my enemies keep knowing they will have to spend too longrunning to defend.

*don't want to queue up for anything"- Definitely.

Thank goodness there is some entertainment at our fingertips, that provides a challenge and helps to develop and exhibit our skills instead of wasting time just to have silly fun.

Fixed that for you.

Look at the little rascal finding challenge even from the most menial, trivial things.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Looks like the OP is looking for a single player game, or maybe some kind of co-op game. Nothing wrong with that, mind you. It's just I don't think you will find what you want in an MMO.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

Originally posted by Krematory
    Looks like the OP is looking for a single player game, or maybe some kind of co-op game. Nothing wrong with that, mind you. It's just I don't think you will find what you want in an MMO.

No .. you do.

Many MMOs (for example Marvel Heroes, or even WoW to some extent) are co-op instanced games.

Originally posted by nariusseldon

No .. you do.

Many MMOs (for example Marvel Heroes, or even WoW to some extent) are co-op instanced games.

WoW has an open world, and therefore all the things the OP doesn't want. And Marvel Heroes isn't even an mmo.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

No .. you do.

WoW has an open world, and therefore all the things the OP doesn't want. And Marvel Heroes isn't even an mmo.

Most of WOW's gameplay is in instances (5-man, raid, pvp). Many players just sit in the city and use that as a lobby. I am sure the OP can ignore the open world and just play the lobby-part (particularly now you can buy a high-level toon).

Marvel Hero is listed as one here .. but what about DDO, NWO ... all of those have most of the gameplay in instances. So what if they are not MMO according to some random dude's definition, they are close enough.

So what if they are not MMO according to some random dude's definition, they are close enough.

Nothing, just stating the obvious. You can call those games whatever you want, that won't change the type of game they are.

So what if they are not MMO according to some random dude's definition, they are close enough.

Nothing, just stating the obvious. You can call those games whatever you want, that won't change the type of game they are.

Of course i can. I am using the common categorization, used by this site, and other industry sites .. which is "MMO".

Game types/genre are just labels. The games are the same no matter what you call them.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Op

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you want in a game. But the day that every game follows your list, will be a very sad and depressing day.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Originally posted by laserit

Op

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you want in a game. But the day that every game follows your list, will be a very sad and depressing day.

only sad and depressing for others .. obviously the OP will be happy.

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

Making a group is part of playing

Reading quests is part of playing

Running from zone to zone is part of playing

Single player arcade games that way >>>>>

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130

If it's taking you hours to read a quest, maybe you SHOULD be reading more. Just sayin' 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Op

only sad and depressing for others .. obviously the OP will be happy.

Lol....    One game to rule them all and in the darkness bind them.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

Op

that day has already come.

we are shifting away from it slowly.

Of course i can. I am using the common categorization, used by this site, and other industry sites .. which is "MMO".

Game types/genre are just labels. The games are the same no matter what you call them.

Except that they are not MASSIVELY multiplayer online games, and there are already other labels where those games fit.

Anyway, I'm done discussing semantics, specially if you are going to back your points by saying "it's because this site and the industry say so" :)

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,983

There has to be some jump in an play games out there but I don't go that route.  I'm cut scene friendly.  Granted I am very sick of tutorials.  Wish every game gave an option to skip beginner lesson time.  "This is food and potions it gives you stats.  This is an npc they have quest markers above them.  This is a party where you group with others to overcome.... bla bla bla."

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

There has to be some jump in an play games out there but I don't go that route.  I'm cut scene friendly.  Granted I am very sick of tutorials.  Wish every game gave an option to skip beginner lesson time.  "This is food and potions it gives you stats.  This is an npc they have quest markers above them.  This is a party where you group with others to overcome.... bla bla bla."

I feel you man, i hate tutorials so so muuch myself. Be it mmos or single player games i always skip tutorials (if possible) and try to figure things out by myself.