Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking For A Hi-Tech Fantasy F2P MMORPG

cwesthawkcwesthawk Member UncommonPosts: 2

I'm looking for a sci-fi game that has the aesthetics and feel of games like Phantasy Star Online or Scarlet Saber (sans the sex). Such a game would ostensibly sci-fi, with all of the technological tropes of being sci-fi, but also with hi-tech melee and projectile (bow) weapons. The more neon glows and anime styling in the armor and weapons, the better.

I would be playing PSO if it were released to the Western market. I would be playing Scarlet Saber if it had not started suddenly giving me a fmodex.dll error. So now I'm scouting for alternatives.

I already play SWTOR with my brother, so I already know of that option.

Comments

• SlorgSlorg Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Originally posted by cwesthawk

I'm looking for a sci-fi game that has the aesthetics and feel of games like Phantasy Star Online or Scarlet Saber (sans the sex). Such a game would ostensibly sci-fi, with all of the technological tropes of being sci-fi, but also with hi-tech melee and projectile (bow) weapons. The more neon glows and anime styling in the armor and weapons, the better.

I would be playing PSO if it were released to the Western market. I would be playing Scarlet Saber if it had not started suddenly giving me a fmodex.dll error. So now I'm scouting for alternatives.

I already play SWTOR with my brother, so I already know of that option.

The only free to play ones that come to mind are Fallen Earth and Global Agenda, but I'm not sure the status of these two games currently. If you're willing to pay than I'd  suggest  checking out Wildstar which is due out in a few months.

• cwesthawkcwesthawk Member UncommonPosts: 2

Thanks!

I've got the impression that Fallen Earth is more of a FPS than an RPG and Global Agenda seems more like a team game like Team Fortress 2. But I definitely will look at them more closely.

I so wish Wildstar were F2P. Their promotional material has me stoked beyond belief.

• mrbreckmrbreck Member UncommonPosts: 24
    How is it possible you can't afford $15 a month? Especially if it's for a game you will spend a lot of time playing, that is an incredible value. That's like the cost of going to a couple movies, skipping a couple meals, saving money on gas by staying in more and playing the game, etc. etc. etc. You can mow one lawn and be set for 3 months.
  • itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351

Give Firefall a shot. It is currently free(i think) and has a Borderland look and feel to it but with a ton of people running around with you. It was in open beta last i checked or it may even be live now. Free to play with battleframes you can unlock via cash shop or saving up currency you get in game im pretty sure. It plays like a shooter with 3rd/1st person view so i dont know if that will appeal to you or not.