Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One of the reasons I like this game so much, Zenimax listens :)

GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Never have I been in a Beta where the game changes so much.  I've been in ESO beta for a long time now (almost a year) and I have to say, that Zenimax listens to players.  This latest Beta Weekend even proves it more.  The one thing that most people could agree on is that the starter zones were boring and really not worh doing anything except for the skyshards.  

Well Zenimax has made them optional. You can go there and get your Skyshard still, but you don't have to do the questline anymore.

People have complained about it being too easy early on, well Zenimax has increased the difficulty of mobs...

People wanted collision and well, guess what, it's in, for NPCs at least.

This is really just what's happened since the last beta, two weeks ago.  I don't think Zenimax Devs get to sleep at all lol. (pictures Devs that nod off getting the whip lol)  There have been many changes over the many beta releases, almost everything in the changes has been suggested from Beta players.  Zenimax actually listens to the Beta players.

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    I love how they made content so bad that there was a large outcry to let you skip it.  Next minute, paid 50s.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Show me my keybinds. I know how to play mmorpgs.

Option to skip = clutch move

Well played Zen. Well played.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by evilastro
    I love how they made content so bad that there was a large outcry to let you skip it.  Next minute, paid 50s.

^ this , yep there are still a big number of bugs that have yet to be fixed and the company itself is very unstable making a big decision like letting all the races pick whichever side in 1 night after fighting all the people about why they should have race pride etc etc  Sub-par company making a half ass game tbh.

Witty & Wicked >:)

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

It's like people think that the beta weekends are the only betas going on for both ESO and WIldstar.There has been a ongoing closed beta for many months now for both games.

Most of these changes would of been worked on for months not since last beta and mob tuning is an ongoing thing.

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

It's a double edged sword.

I think anyone who has spent time in MMO's, can think of a few examples where a company listened to feedback that they should not have, and made a bad situation worse.

It's good Zenimax listens, it'll be TBD on future decisions.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

You mean how gamers now have no patience and want everything now. I agree.  The same group crying about the starter island is the same group that clicks through quest text and skips voice overs so they can blast to end game and complain about having nothing to do.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by goboygo

You mean how gamers now have no patience and want everything now. I agree.  The same group crying about the starter island is the same group that clicks through quest text and skips voice overs so they can blast to end game and complain about having nothing to do.

TBH if there's nothing to do at endgame for such gamers then your game is most def not ready for launch , and Eso is not ready,thats for sure .

Witty & Wicked >:)

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Baikal

I think anyone who has spent time in MMO's, can think of a few examples where a company listened to feedback that they should not have, and made a bad situation worse.

Earth and Beyond was my first experience of what you describe.They listened to a vocal minority and the rest of us just left and the game closed down.Damn Jenpies!!!

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    I liked the starter zone quests....plus you get some good starting gear....
  • KenichiKenichi Member Posts: 109

The fact that they are listening and they are making changes based on the feedback from the surveys is not only awesome, but professional. 

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

Although Zenimax listens to their fans, I think they might just be trying to make everybody happy. They certainly made some complete flip-flops in the game.  One of the things that I liked most, was the race locks into factions.  But when they announced the CE, I was very pissed off.  

As one of the above posters said, sometimes you listen too much, and you end up making bad decisions.  I believe that Zenimax should stick to the ideas that they started with, and continue with their game.  Even though I am pissed at the race unlocks, that will not stop me from playing this great looking game.  

From the 3 or 4 beta tests I joined, I really like the features this game offers.  Although I wish that the game was more  open.  I hate that there are areas in the game that are linear.  I also hate that some areas cannot be jumped on, or over. Yet if you go further in another direction, the same height hill can be jumped upon.   That takes away from the immersion of the game. I really loved the Guild Wars 2 lands, where there were hidden jumping puzzles, caves, and underwater caverns to explore.  I wish ESO offered this type of content.  This type of lack of content bugs the crap out of me.  In this gaming era, it should be automatic to have open ended, huge, non-instanced lands to explore.  When companies over-look this, I feel that they truly do not listen to their fans true wishes in an optimal MMORPG> 

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Whether the race locks made a given player happy or not, there was never any rational narrative justification for them, so their removal doesn't constitute a change worth being concerned by in terms of setting a precedent.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    Originally posted by Baikal

Oh how i remember SOE listening to a focus group......dark times...

As for ESO...its fecking boring and nothing new. Movement, graphics and quests are bad..

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Yep, the problem was the pacing, and that was exasperated by the whole design of the areas and quests particularly the disproportionate time running around rather than doing 'fun' stuff. Listening is a double edged sword. What do you call a horse designed by a committee? A camel. A horse designed by everyone who is going to ride one would be some Frankenstein's monster.
  • KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    I found the pacing of the starter areas and the quest dispersion just fine. It gives even further reason for exploration. The last thing the games needs is to have questing "streamlined" and made "quicker/faster". I'm not sure what rush some folks are in to go faster but I honestly don't care. The speed and flow of the game so far to me is just fine. Time can be better spent elsewhere in my view.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Originally posted by Khalathwyr

I found the pacing of the starter areas and the quest dispersion just fine. It gives even further reason for exploration. The last thing the games needs is to have questing "streamlined" and made "quicker/faster". I'm not sure what rush some folks are in to go faster but I honestly don't care. The speed and flow of the game so far to me is just fine. Time can be better spent elsewhere in my view.

Tbh I didn't find it too bad first time but lucked into what seems to be accepted as the best designed zone.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Never have I been in a Beta where the game changes so much.  I've been in ESO beta for a long time now (almost a year) and I have to say, that Zenimax listens to players.  This latest Beta Weekend even proves it more.  The one thing that most people could agree on is that the starter zones were boring and really not worh doing anything except for the skyshards.  

Well Zenimax has made them optional. You can go there and get your Skyshard still, but you don't have to do the questline anymore.

People have complained about it being too easy early on, well Zenimax has increased the difficulty of mobs...

This is really just what's happened since the last beta, two weeks ago.  I don't think Zenimax Devs get to sleep at all lol. (pictures Devs that nod off getting the whip lol)  There have been many changes over the many beta releases, almost everything in the changes has been suggested from Beta players.  Zenimax actually listens to the Beta players.

This is suspect...

It didn't happen.  There is no change, that is noticeable. (Why would they??)

And a company marketing a casual game .. making the game harder because of various posts?  No.  No..  No. ..

One problem brings up another .. then another .. then another .. and the whole post about Zenimax listening to customers is called into question.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549

love to see character names above their heads. Where's the bank guy??

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Gravarg

This is suspect...

And a company marketing a casual game .. making the game harder because of various posts?  No.  No..  No. ..

One problem brings up another .. then another .. then another .. and the whole post about Zenimax listening to customers is called into question.

Gold star to anyone who has any idea of what he just wrote. It made no sense whatsoever.

There Is Always Hope!

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Gravarg Never have I been in a Beta where the game changes so much.  I've been in ESO beta for a long time now (almost a year) and I have to say, that Zenimax listens to players.  This latest Beta Weekend even proves it more.  The one thing that most people could agree on is that the starter zones were boring and really not worh doing anything except for the skyshards.     Well Zenimax has made them optional. You can go there and get your Skyshard still, but you don't have to do the questline anymore.   People have complained about it being too easy early on, well Zenimax has increased the difficulty of mobs...   People wanted collision and well, guess what, it's in, for NPCs at least.   This is really just what's happened since the last beta, two weeks ago.  I don't think Zenimax Devs get to sleep at all lol. (pictures Devs that nod off getting the whip lol)  There have been many changes over the many beta releases, almost everything in the changes has been suggested from Beta players.  Zenimax actually listens to the Beta players.
    This is suspect...

well they put it in the patch notes, do i sense a tin foil hat?

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Vobrias

^ this , yep there are still a big number of bugs that have yet to be fixed and the company itself is very unstable making a big decision like letting all the races pick whichever side in 1 night after fighting all the people about why they should have race pride etc etc  Sub-par company making a half ass game tbh.

Either this is your first MMO and are just ignorant of the MMO process, you either only play single player games, or both. It is normal for MMOs to have bugs at launch and throughout their entire lifecycle. The question is does Zenimax show that they are trying to fix them. If you tried the beta and read the Patch notes over the last several months, you will see that they have squashed thousands of bugs, so get a clue.

Whats worse is that both of you aren't giving Zenimax credit for trying to please two crowds...one crowd that might be new to MMOs, the combat, everything about the game in general and need those starter areas to adjust versus the more experienced crowd that just wants to skip the early level stuff and get to the more open areas. The fact that they listened to the press, testers or whoever and did something about it was a good thing when most companies this close to release would have ignored it..or ignored it altogether even after release. 

Give credit where it is due so you don't look like your only intention is to smear something good.

There Is Always Hope!

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

This is infact concerns me.

A developer who listen to every complains of players will eventually lead the game to very casual friendly.

Look at FFXIV, nerfs everywhere.

• Leoric187Leoric187 Member Posts: 12

They do listen, if you shout enough over the majority!

Greetings!

Thank you for all of your work bringing this issue to light we will do our best to see that something is done about the issues you are speaking about. We would also like to keep our design philosophy in mind and do not encourage the use of mod's to gain advantages in pvp putting the work of other players to naught. Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards, The Elder Scrolls Online Team

UI-addon-vs-ZOS-Philosophy

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

As long as they don't listen to too many suggestions I think they can keep some kind of resemblance of what they wanted the original game to be. I think the flow of the game is just fine like some others, I don't think you get anything from racing through this game except a chance to gimp yourself by missing a bunch of extra skill points from doing a lot of other stuff besides racing to end game. 

I will be taking my time and enjoying the game while exploring and doing just about everything the game has to offer. There is nothing coming out anytime soon that looks any better than this, so no need for me to rush through it.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I don't mind them listening, so long as they listen within reason. If they start jumping on every complaint without looking at the big picture, it'll lead to a very slippery slope. Hell, there are folks already complaining about stealth, despite the fact that everyone is able to do it. Are they going to suddenly remove it? 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron