Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice on upgrading my PC.

TankZeroTankZero Member UncommonPosts: 2

I want try upgrading my PC to be able handle streaming on twitch, I play a lot open world and shooting games. So, anything from TESO to Titanfall. I would  like be able stream and run it, a least where its playable and watchable. Right now I can play most any game, but if I try play most games and stream it at the same time. I lose like 15 fps while streaming and when you only get maybe around 30 FPS (not streaming) , It starts to become unplayable.

So, my options right now. I can throw 400$ right now on upgrades or get a new PC, but it can't go over 800$. So, my question is will 400$ be enough for the newer games to be playable and watchable on my PC or is getting a new PC pretty much the way go? It can only be one or the other though.

My PC

M2N68-LA

AMD Athlon II X2 240

R6750 1GB DDR3

Window 7 64Bit

Elite Power 460W

I know main thing I have to upgrade is CPU which also means that motherboard and window 7 needs to be upgraded with that as well. I was thinking of getting 4th Gen Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz LGA 1150 Processor with MSi Z87-G41PC Mate LGA 1150 ATX Motherboard and I think when I upgrade the motherboard I lose window 7. So I'm looking at window 8. I'm wondering if these upgrades be enough or will it still not matter. I'm not to far away from big PC stores like Micro Center so that is a option. Thanks, for reading and any info you can give help me with my PC build. 

Comments

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    Your CPU was okay as a severe budget option four years ago, but as you've figured out, it would be nice to replace it now.  Your motherboard, video card, and especially power supply are products that never made sense to buy and haven't gotten better with age.  It's unlikely that you've got anything else in the system worth keeping apart from the optical drive, so I'd say just replace the whole computer.  An $800 budget can get you something decent, especially if you can keep the peripherals from your old computer.
  • TankZeroTankZero Member UncommonPosts: 2
    My video card been pretty amazing so far, everything I threw at it been able run well (I know that gonna start to change really soon, the problem seems be on CPU side for now). My problem is games are getting more CPU heavy and doesn't help that I want stream either. So, this is my first time upgrading CPU and I'm wondering what changes will I see/noticed? Will FPS go up or will things just loading faster? Also, those parts I listed (4Gen i5 and MSI Motherboard). Can I count on those parts for like next two years or so?
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I can buy your video card for $47 right now. It was a budget card when you bought it years ago and sounds like it served your needs well, but IMO time to replace the PC.

For $800 you can build something much much nicer. If you can hold out another month or two and get the budget up to $1000 or so then you can build a rig that will be very nice.