Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weekend beta key - issue

PaskePaske Member UncommonPosts: 135

I am unable to redeem beta weekend key received on MMORPG.

Anyone else with this issue ?

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Paske

I am unable to redeem beta weekend key received on MMORPG.

Anyone else with this issue ?

Wait until the weekend beta is officially announced on their website or twitter. They may just not have "flipped-on the switch" to accept those new codes yet. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    yep :)
  • Saxx0nSaxx0n PR/Brand Manager BitBox Ltd.Member UncommonPosts: 999

I had no problem.

Downloading now.

I used a key from the new batch.

• I requested and used a key about an hour ago.  Worked fine from MMORPG.com.

This was on an already created TESO account.

• Daasen2000Daasen2000 Member Posts: 2
    Grabbed a key from the new batch and it keeps saying Invalid Key when trying to add it to an existing account.
  • ArchaegeoArchaegeo Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Same thing for me, wonder if its invalid if you have already bought the game?

Explorer 73% Achiever 53% Socializer 53% Killer 20%

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Originally posted by Daasen2000
    Grabbed a key from the new batch and it keeps saying Invalid Key when trying to add it to an existing account.

Have you already entered a key code for the last beta, i.e. does your account show Beta Access under My Purchased Games? It may be that if you've already got beta access you don't need to put another code in - but not sure.

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    I'm receiving the "Invalid key" on my existent account as well. Maybe i'm not eligible because i participated in the last beta weekend? 

Originally posted by Daasen2000

Originally posted by Archaegeo

Did you guys already have keys from previous weekends?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Shodanas
    I'm receiving the "Invalid key" on my existent account as well. Maybe i'm not eligible because i participated in the last beta weekend? 

You do not need a new key if you had a previous one...old keys still work

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405

Put it in manually, don't copy/paste it.(got invalid key when I did)

Worked that way for me and I've been in the previous stress tests, so yes they still work on existing accounts.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Iselin

I hope everyone reads this, or we will have dozens of these posts...  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SinsaiSinsai Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I hope everyone reads this, or we will have dozens of these posts...  

I have an existing account and worked fine for me.(played several previous stress tests)

You have to input it manually not copy/paste.

• unrealunreal Member Posts: 53

What is that statement based on?...

• tandcemersontandcemerson Member Posts: 3

Proof?  I haven't seen that anywhere except just word of mouth - granted there isn't even a post on the beta forums about this beta yet.  I've also not received an email saying, "hey, beta this weekend!" yet which, one would assume, would come so they have ample testers.  I have seen someone say that they were previous beta testers and their code was accepted, which confuses me.

Originally posted by Sinsai

I have an existing account and worked fine for me.(played several previous stress tests)

You have to input it manually not copy/paste.

Did not work for me :(

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by unreal

What is that statement based on?...

Zenimax has stated (since beta started) that as soon as you have a beta key, it grants you access to all subsequent betas. This means that you do NOT need a new key for each beta. Once you're in, you're in for all the betas (unless u get banned for some reason, of course).

More people need to read this, because it is the source of a lot of people's troubles. I even made the mistake one weekend, because I forgot about it, lol.

• Aliantha_AngelAliantha_Angel Member UncommonPosts: 225

The statement is true.  Proof?  been beta testing since last year, it's just how it works.  If you log into your account you'll see it says beta access enabled.  You don't need a key if you already have an account and were in a previous beta... you cannot apply a second beta key, no need to.

Have fun, see you in beta!

• AchakAdhayAchakAdhay Member Posts: 2
    If the old one works good, I can give the new one to a guy from work if he doesn't get signed up. Can I do that or was it in the agreement with mmorpg that I had to use it myself? I'll have to look that up.
    Originally posted by AchakAdhay
    If the old one works good, I can give the new one to a guy from work if he doesn't get signed up. Can I do that or was it in the agreement with mmorpg that I had to use it myself? I'll have to look that up.

I can't see why they'd care, but best to ask!

Originally posted by tandcemerson

Proof?  I haven't seen that anywhere except just word of mouth - granted there isn't even a post on the beta forums about this beta yet.  I've also not received an email saying, "hey, beta this weekend!" yet which, one would assume, would come so they have ample testers.  I have seen someone say that they were previous beta testers and their code was accepted, which confuses me.

From the email invite I get every time:

" If you already have an account, disregard the beta key in this email. All you need to do is run your launcher and let it patch! "

And the number they send me is the same every time anyway.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by alicorn

The statement is true.  Proof?  been beta testing since last year, it's just how it works.  If you log into your account you'll see it says beta access enabled.  You don't need a key if you already have an account and were in a previous beta... you cannot apply a second beta key, no need to.

Have fun, see you in beta!

Proof enough for me!  Thanks.

Originally posted by tandcemerson

From the email invite I get every time:

" If you already have an account, disregard the beta key in this email. All you need to do is run your launcher and let it patch! "

And the number they send me is the same every time anyway.

Looks like proof to me!  Give the man some skooma!

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

To - hopefully - finish this topic. Below is the reply I have just received directly from the ESO support dept.

Greetings Explorer;

Players who are receiving an "invalid key" message should go into their account and verify whether a key has already been redeemed:

• Log in to the account: players can access their account using the website link provided in their beta invitation.
    • On the right side of the account management page, under the "Games" section, a "Beta Access" label should be visible.
    • Players who have this label on their account are already using an active and valid beta key. They do not need to redeem it a second time.
    • They can log into the game using their UserID and password.

However, beta players who do not see this label or continue to receive the error message should contact Customer Support for further assistance with their beta key

• Originally posted by Archaegeo

No I applied it to a bought game.