Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not sure if this is true but about AA.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I was doing some research on (AA) to see if the game is going to be better than ESO or not, but there is much that is not clear about the game yet starting with this.

1.) http://www.mmo-troll.com/pricing-model-for-archeage/

Basically You have to pay by the hour, or minute/time you play this is a big turn-off for me as a game player evne if it is 0.035 cents per hour I would just rather have an option to also pay the $14.95 fee for unlimited time rather than risk leaving my account afk online for hours like I sometimes do or playing more than 17 hours on a long gaming night and spending more cash.

2.) Is the game going to have unlimited customization aspects/Barber-Shop's in the game.

All I know at this point from reading online is the game is going to have housing, but in housing there should be something like a mirror a person can click and change their appearance in game (freely) any time they choose to do such without having to spend a dime.

What I really don't want to see in (AA) is a game where players are going to be changed Extra money to use a barber-shop, or something like NCsoft did with Aion which completely destroyed the game for me.

After All, (AA) is supposed to be a sand-box game, So having the ability to freely add things like Crafting Stations, Change appearance, and so on all from within your house should be allowed in the game.

I played ESO along with friends, and I say the game to us wasn't even worth our time, I am lookling for a game based off True Sand-Box feeling, but a game that offers me the ability to live in my own house, customize my character any way I want to when I want to no restrictions, no limits.

I also hope that (AA) Allows players to change from a Warrior, to a Rogue/Mage all on a single character, would be nice, basically it removes a person from having to play multiple characters to experience a full game but a single character can learn all crafts in a game, and play all classes only thing is when you change class you loose skills from another class but can do it all on a single character.

I hope I am wrong becuase I want another MMO that is actually fun to play for 2014, but I know (ESO) is not my game, I don't know about (AA) or (Black Desert) I Feel that both these games might be a failure too.

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

- LOL you go to a troll site and you actually believe that...

- There is no barber customization in the game, but now that I think about it, it wouldn't put it past me that it will be a paid service.

- You can change any class/skill in the game. You can lvl up all skills in the game but you have to pay to chage your skills and then you have to lvl them up. So it's very expensive.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Originally posted by Kumapon

- LOL you go to a troll site and you actually believe that...

- There is no barber customization in the game, but now that I think about it, it wouldn't put it past me that it will be a paid service.

- You can change any class/skill in the game. You can lvl up all skills in the game but you have to pay to chage your skills and then you have to lvl them up. So it's very expensive.

1.) If they are going to charge me Real money to customize my character then they should just come out and say it now so I don't bother buying the game becuase I Don't want to buy a game that doesn't allow me full freedom of play including freedom of customization.

2.) Pay to change my skills? Do you mean that I have to pay every time I want to change my class or to buy a new class in the game with in game gold?

What I am looking for is a game similar to Dark-fall online if you are familiar where a person can change from warrior to rogue in 60 seconds within a town levle them up and change on the fly without having to pay gold to do such each time they change.

3.) As far as crafting I am looking for the same thing where a single character can max and do all crafts if I want to go craft Metal armor and have the materials to do such i want to be able to do this if I want to go craft some robes, and some staffs, I want the ability to do this without being restricted, I am not looking for a game like Guild Wars 2 where I  can do all crafts on a single character but have to pay to change them each time as it makes no sense.

These are the details I wish the developers would tell the public before release of a game and players spending their money on something they are not going to like, if (AA) doesn't have the content I have described for a 2014 game,  I don't even want to bother but I would love to know ahead of time so I don't waste money on the game.

As far as knowing if the people are trolling I read some other articles that are true about other games there so I don't know.

I still remember when I purchased "Age OF Wushu" thinking it was going to be the best game ever played it for a month straight enjoyed the game but then came the cash shop, their Pay 2 Enjoy benefits having to spend more than $14.95 a month, limited crafting, locked schools, the game didn't feel like a true sand-box to me if it were not for this and lack of customization I would still be playing AOW today because I like the game but not the way the game was designed combat is pretty good.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

- you use in-game gold to change your skills

- For crafting you can you can level up 5 crafts to Apprentice level, from which 4 can be Journeyman level, from which 3 can be Expert level, and from which you can level up 2 to be Master level, per character. That includes Lore storyteller, and musician/composer.

- Each character has a certain number of "labour power points" or just "labour" in short, this is similar to an energy bar (located on top of the experience bar). By collecting, mining, manufacturing and processing materials these points are being used up until they are exhausted, and when they reach 0 points, your character will be unable to perform any of the activities listed before.

Labour points regenerate automatically. Five labour are restored every 5 minutes. This result is a maximum of 1440 labour per day. There are also objects which can boost up labour points a bit, such as the bad bed sleeping, or eating rice cakes. The maximum a player can currently collect is 5000 labour per account, it can be divided among the characters there by free choice. The maximum amount of labour is determined by the level of the player's character and his accumulated experience in all professions.

- Because Labour points are account wide it would be impossible to make a crafter alt.

• An4thorAn4thor Member Posts: 524

Chose your sources better, that's the best suggestion i can give.

Trusting a single source is never good, also the name of that website surely doesn't inspire faith.

We know nothing about the pricing model of NA/EU and speculating at this point doesn't bring us anywhere. 

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Thought I heard that trion was going to use the same model as rift.
    Originally posted by Kumapon

- you use in-game gold to change your skills

- For crafting you can you can level up 5 crafts to Apprentice level, from which 4 can be Journeyman level, from which 3 can be Expert level, and from which you can level up 2 to be Master level, per character. That includes Lore storyteller, and musician/composer.

- Each character has a certain number of "labour power points" or just "labour" in short, this is similar to an energy bar (located on top of the experience bar). By collecting, mining, manufacturing and processing materials these points are being used up until they are exhausted, and when they reach 0 points, your character will be unable to perform any of the activities listed before.

Labour points regenerate automatically. Five labour are restored every 5 minutes. This result is a maximum of 1440 labour per day. There are also objects which can boost up labour points a bit, such as the bad bed sleeping, or eating rice cakes. The maximum a player can currently collect is 5000 labour per account, it can be divided among the characters there by free choice. The maximum amount of labour is determined by the level of the player's character and his accumulated experience in all professions.

- Because Labour points are account wide it would be impossible to make a crafter alt.

Wow this is sad, turns me away from (AA) already because they are using a similar system to Age OF Wushu when it comes to LP.

The Second Thing I hate is the crafting Cap, I don't want my game-play restricted, Arche-Age Isn't a true sand-box if I can't.

1.) Edit my appearance any time I want to.

2.) Learn all crafts/craft without restrictions it is stupid to have (Crafting Levels) Or (Masteries) Okay its fine to have leveling but do not fix it so a character can't do all crafts.

3.) Swap classes on the fly for example be a warrior one minute, go to town click a button change to mage in 60 seconds (no gold fee to change abiliy/skills just have to level up each skillset/class individual.

If (AA) isn't going to be a true sand-box I am not interested, so Thanks for letting me know I will wait until the game goes F2P before I even try it but won't be spending cash for buying the game because I do not support their development style.

For those who don't know what a role swapping system/max crafting game is.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/manual/role-system

Also EVE Online, a player can learn all crafts, and skills.

This is the type of sand-box I am looking for except unlike Dark-Fall I am looking for a game that offers true PVP,PVE, Housing, lots of customization, but a true sand-box theme for 2014, I don't think (AA) or (Black Desert) Is going to support this type of play based on what I see, also "Age OF Wushu", Could have been a great game, but developers who did the same thing "Arche Age" developers are doing based on this post limiting crafts, adding crafting points, and restrictions, no true customization aspects will kill the game experience for others like me.

Take for example what it would be like if for a barber-shop in a game a person could collect materials, craft dye's to use in customize war-drobe clothing sets, and dye their hair/change colors etc. That is good potential for a sand-box game, but do developers ever think of it (No) or they are just too lazy to make a innovative game.

Oh well maybe I will like Albion Online, or Blade & Soul time will tell.

http://albiononline.com/

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by kabitoshin
    Thought I heard that trion was going to use the same model as rift.

Hartsman said that they want to use the rift model in all of their future games. Ofc not 100% same on every game.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Pay per hour is korean thing. Most mmo collect subs this way.
  • SpawnbladeSpawnblade Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Originally posted by Renoaku
    What I am looking for is a game similar to Dark-fall online if you are familiar where a person can change from warrior to rogue in 60 seconds within a town levle them up and change on the fly without having to pay gold to do such each time they change.

3.) As far as crafting I am looking for the same thing where a single character can max and do all crafts if I want to go craft Metal armor and have the materials to do such i want to be able to do this if I want to go craft some robes, and some staffs, I want the ability to do this without being restricted, I am not looking for a game like Guild Wars 2 where I  can do all crafts on a single character but have to pay to change them each time as it makes no sense.

No offense mate, but that's not a sandbox.  The idea of a sandbox is immersion and realism, but changing your entire skill/stat loadout on the fly is indicative of an action game like Diablo 3 or Battlefield.  Darkfall is an action game, it doesn't provide sandbox tools that are not action-oriented  (just ask all the roleplay guilds that abandoned the game.)  

I'm pretty sure Darkfall is the only one out right now that fits your demands, as any real sandbox games have some kind of skill cap that prevents you from maxing all your crafting, to prevent the economy from infarcting thanks to everyone doing everything.  Specialization is the very foundation of society.  Without it, society is obsolete.

And no, an Eve player cannot learn all crafts because there is a time barrier.  A year ago, someone did the math and found it would take 18+ years to learn all the skills in Eve (with the best implants and all the learning skills.)  There has since been even more added (some of which take exponentially longer than their predecessors,) and there will likely be plenty more in the future, meaning no one will ever max all their craft skills (at least on one character.)

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Arthasm
    Pay per hour is korean thing. Most mmo collect subs this way.

It's a japanese thing

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

Originally posted by Spawnblade

No offense mate, but that's not a sandbox.  The idea of a sandbox is immersion and realism, but changing your entire skill/stat loadout on the fly is indicative of an action game like Diablo 3 or Battlefield.  Darkfall is an action game, it doesn't provide sandbox tools that are not action-oriented  (just ask all the roleplay guilds that abandoned the game.)  

I'm pretty sure Darkfall is the only one out right now that fits your demands, as any real sandbox games have some kind of skill cap that prevents you from maxing all your crafting, to prevent the economy from infarcting thanks to everyone doing everything.  Specialization is the very foundation of society.  Without it, society is obsolete.

And no, an Eve player cannot learn all crafts because there is a time barrier.  A year ago, someone did the math and found it would take 18+ years to learn all the skills in Eve (with the best implants and all the learning skills.)  There has since been even more added (some of which take exponentially longer than their predecessors,) and there will likely be plenty more in the future, meaning no one will ever max all their craft skills (at least on one character.)

Perhaps I am wrong but I thought that in EVE Online a player could craft anything just by buying a Blue-Print, and crafting, I mean it says right now that my character can craft almost any ship up to a Battle-Ship doesn't say I can't, and I haven't had my character for 18 years, I also know I can create all ammo types because I have created lots of AMMO already.

Obviously every game is not for everyone (AA) just doesn't meet my standards in what I am looking for in a 2014 MMO, I know that (ESO) could have been great, but I have the same problem with ESO doesn't meet 2014 standards, and I doubt (Wild Star) or (Black Desert) will either.

Which goes back to the same problem, Developers & Lack of Innovation in a RPG, I really don't like that everyone thinks that (RPG) Games have to be limited to Multiple Characters, Limited Crafting, or they think that the economy will be destroyed game will be ruined and such.

I however think that Star Citizen, or EQN, will be my only hope for a new 2014 Sand-Box RPG game experience. I download about every F2P Game, or try every game that comes out but likely unsubscribe after just a week of playing if it doesn't meet 2014 standards.

The problem with game developers I think, Is the fact that they see games like (World OF Warcraft) and how they do things and then they follow through with the same basic methods of crafting like limiting players Tailor / Enchanter, and locked character classes like Mage, Warrior, Rogue, this is where I believe 2014 MMO's should change to allow everything to be done on a single character.

As far as a game being ruined due to society, and anti social, I doubt it, There will always be players who use an auction house players for example that don't want to go around collecting wood, or Ore all day long so they will hit up an auction house to buy items, and crafters will always be buying items, its pretty much what happened in Dark-Fall players mostly just sell raw resources, obtain items through PVP, and Clan, I stuck about 500 K worth of materials on the auction house this morning over 2k in Iron ingots + Other Materials when I logged back in I had over 500k in my bank waiting for me, and I own two homes in Dark-Fall.

So should other games that call themselves a sand-box add limits to their games? Absolutely not the moment you add a limit of any kind to a Sand-Box game, You need to be stripped of your Sand-Box title, and just be called a MMORPG, or Action MMORPG.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArcheAge

Take for Example (Guild Wars 2) is in my Eyes, a Fail Game. I have the game installed I play it on and off but maybe once every month. The problem With GW2 is the developers made the Class system wrong, instead of limiting crafts, and classes they should have allowed one character to play all classes, and learn all crafts on a single game, well a character can learn all crafts but has to pay 50 silver I think to swap between them, if they removed this, and allowed my mage to change over to a warrior and level up all on a single character, I would go back and start playing again.

But instead of Arena Net, making the right choices, they do things like ruin Lions Arch, Lack of a real story behind it, and No housing still, All things that I would be willing to seriously pay for the game lacks in content.

I remember GW2, when I was there in Beta, and Pre-Order the game was full of people, now I don't find near as many people playing the game as I would if I even Logged into World OF Warcraft, or EVE Online a great game in my eyes that became a failure in my opinion of course because of wrong choices being made by Developers rather than using their time to properly do things, and make people want to stay around they follow what other games do.

• MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    nevermind
  • GrableGrable Member UncommonPosts: 66

You like to mention "2014" standards but they're actually just YOUR standards. Sandbox MMORPGs are still Sandbox MMORPGs, even if they have limitations for nonpaying users.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

Dear christ... OP give me back the minutes of my life I utterly wasted on reading your posts.

1) Star Citizen is not a sandbox, it is a flight sim with some sandbox elements but Elite Dangerous is closer to a sandbox than Star ever will be (note Elite, Elite Dangerous' forebear, forms the primary inspiration for EVE-Online, the only sandbox game in existence currently that actually is as it is supposed to be though with some glaring flaws).

2) In EVE being able to change your class on the fly takes a time investment to be able to do it, a time investment to learn how to do it without sucking the shit out of a drone mother's arse and planning to have the option to do it, Darkfail doesn't have that and you shame EVE for even putting those two games in the same category.

3) In EVE you have consequences for every action you make which can be as mild as a bill for reattaching your top wingy bit to a new ship, a new clone and possibly time lost having to retain skills.

4) EVE's skill system is shit because the only barrier to possibilities is time and trust me as a 7 year old veteran shit gets duller than a bags of rocks once you het the plateau of "I can build everything in the game, I can mine everything, I can fly 99% of the ships out there and fit them just right, what the fuck am I gonna do now?" so a sandbox without consequences to your choices in specialization ( losing time and having to spend said time as being less combat capable or craft capable or whatever is satisfactory, I am not for permanently fucking yourself over but there needs to be weight to your choices) is really just boring as shit once you see that there's only so much weight to your choices past the first... lets say two years.

• arunasmearunasme Member UncommonPosts: 129
    You can change classes as much as you want, anytime you want, just find an npc, choose which class tree you want to change and for a price of 40 silver ( thats like 5 minutes of farm ) bam, you changed it.