Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spent some time at AA RU

SaralimanSaraliman Member Posts: 14

Hi there,

Spent already ~90h in game and I am lvl 35, so I'll just drop here what I am thinking about ArcheAge so far!

PvP is terrible...wasn't this game all about PvP?

Mostly who first attacks will win the battle...

You can't quest after lvl 30 in peace cause there always will be one asshole who will jump on you and kill you meanwhile you are doing quest objective or even will camp respawn spot just for sake of it...

And combat in general - what a joke...it won't get better when you will get higher levels you will just have more keys to spam on your keyboard.

All mobs can be easly killed just by dragging them around, their movement speed is low.

This game isn't giving any achievement satisfaction in combat nor is rewarding for your time spent mastering it...well there isn't any way to master it tho...

Auto-targeting from time to time made me really mad!

Farmville with combat

Even farming felt wrong, everyone is growing goats, its a freaking zoo in areas over 30 lvl.

You can build a house and your farm in every single zone at special area, but it won't feel personal, cause players must build next to each other and designed so that there won't be any empty spot inbetween.

I don't know how you guys feel about ArcheAge, but I am let down after waiting since 2007.

Well environment is truly amazing and well done, here is my gallery whit screenshots I took::

http://imgur.com/a/nSmh2#0

I was playing almost on the min settings!

Comments

• KeksXKeksX Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Ok (Sorry but there is not really much base for a discussion here :P)
  • SaralimanSaraliman Member Posts: 14

To be honest, I wasn't even trying to create discussion.

I was just willing to share with my experience and what I am thinking about the game.

• Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91

Saraliman tells it all.

Many russian players are leaving already. Time to see how terrible this game is ^^

• vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125
    There are reasons why it went ftp in korea, i played from ob in korean version for like 2 months, around 1/2 of my guidies left in the first month, 2/3 in 2 months.. hoped it would became a better game, guess not.
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

If the game is as bad as you're making it out to be, why did you play for 90 hours?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    Originally posted by dave6660

If the game is as bad as you're making it out to be, why did you play for 90 hours?

Maybe because he hoped it gets better as he progresses? He tried to give the game a fair chance before exclamating his opinions about it?

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Zadawn

Maybe because he hoped it gets better as he progresses? He tried to give the game a fair chance before exclamating his opinions about it?

Then the OP is a much more patient person than I am.  If I'm still not having fun after about 3-4 hours then I uninstall.  As I get older I'm finding that number is steadily declining too.  With my schedule, 90 hours is about 5-6 weeks of play.  I can't imagine subjecting myself to that in the name of "fairness" to a video game.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• EigetsuEigetsu Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I want my money back. Its not even about game but outrageous queues. All the time i can't log in because they do maintanance, queue not working or queue up to 3 hours.
  • InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Eigetsu
    I want my money back. Its not even about game but outrageous queues. All the time i can't log in because they do maintanance, queue not working or queue up to 3 hours.

It's an open beta test. All I'm gonna say. No one asked you to take part on the beta test really. I'm sure it's fine when the game is actually released.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Or......

Maybe play in a region that has already released? No one is forcing anyone to play in RU which will be by far the most overwhelmed for the short term.

• EigetsuEigetsu Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by InporylemQQ

It's an open beta test. All I'm gonna say. No one asked you to take part on the beta test really. I'm sure it's fine when the game is actually released.

They call it as "Early access". There will be no wipes. This means all housing areas are already occupied and guess what, you can't play normally without farmville. All people bought this not to only play beta, but for early access to faster build your house.

• GrableGrable Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I'm really enjoying this game and I'm not into generic tabtarget mmo's since I quit wow 8-9 years ago. It's the sandbox features that keep me playing.
  • KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

They call it as "Early access". There will be no wipes. This means all housing areas are already occupied and guess what, you can't play normally without farmville. All people bought this not to only play beta, but for early access to faster build your house.

I bet there was a notification in user agreement, which you accepted, that says the game will have unspecified amount of downtime during the early access and launch. Just like with every mmorpg that has been released and every mmorpg that will ever be released for the rest of eternity. Do NOT join a mmorpg at launch if you dont like downtime.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Informer80

Saraliman tells it all.

Many russian players are leaving already. Time to see how terrible this game is ^^

Thats why all servers have well over 1000 people in the queue, wll all servers where you can create new characters.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=www.aaplay.ru/

Wait time in geral are about 3 hours to get in there are that many people trying to play it.

I spent only a few hours playing last night and starter zones are you basic themepark.. nothing special just like any other themepark out there.

Combat works well for a tab target system, animations are nice and the selections of skills and spells you can get seem pretty good. Well no better or worse than any other tab target game out there any way.

Will have to wait until i get out into the rest of the world before i can comment on the other things.

Originally posted by cura
    Im 6461 person in the queue. If i bought it i would be mad lol.

Don't worry I'm sure the people that had all the 10 euros to buy it also knew that it's OBT.

If you pay for a premium account i think you skip the queue but i am not 100% sure on that one.

Originally posted by Caldrin

If you pay for a premium account i think you skip the queue but i am not 100% sure on that one.

You don't

Originally posted by Caldrin

You don't

yup you are right I went off to look after posting and basically it just allows the following.

"Premium account will allow you to build houses and farms (options that aren’t available with the free account), you will get 5 working points every 5 minutes even if you are logged out and the WP pool is set to 5000 points (with the free account you get only 1 point every 5 minutes if you are logged in and the pool is limited to 1000 points). Premium account will also boost your EXP, Craft EXP and Drop Chance by 10%."

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Thinking about it now.. The one thing I REALLY appreciate about NA getting it last is that Trion will get to see all of the reactions from the game opening in other countries. Hopefully that will help minimize some of the problems/mistakes that are currently ongoing. 
  • MoarDotsMoarDots Member Posts: 40

Because if he typed the same post and says he only played for a day, then people like yourself will come in and say "you've only played it for XX hours so your opinion is invalid" - He gave it a fair chance and tried to enjoy it as much as he could.

I wouldn't even use the long queue as evidence for the game's quality at this time. It's just people who have been waiting for many years for the game to come and now are swarming the newest client with a somewhat stable english patch available.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Saraliman

Hi there,

Spent already ~90h in game and I am lvl 35, so I'll just drop here what I am thinking about ArcheAge so far!

PvP is terrible...wasn't this game all about PvP?

Mostly who first attacks will win the battle...

You can't quest after lvl 30 in peace cause there always will be one asshole who will jump on you and kill you meanwhile you are doing quest objective or even will camp respawn spot just for sake of it...

And combat in general - what a joke...it won't get better when you will get higher levels you will just have more keys to spam on your keyboard.

All mobs can be easly killed just by dragging them around, their movement speed is low.

This game isn't giving any achievement satisfaction in combat nor is rewarding for your time spent mastering it...well there isn't any way to master it tho...

Auto-targeting from time to time made me really mad!

Farmville with combat

Even farming felt wrong, everyone is growing goats, its a freaking zoo in areas over 30 lvl.

You can build a house and your farm in every single zone at special area, but it won't feel personal, cause players must build next to each other and designed so that there won't be any empty spot inbetween.

I don't know how you guys feel about ArcheAge, but I am let down after waiting since 2007.

Well environment is truly amazing and well done, here is my gallery whit screenshots I took::

http://imgur.com/a/nSmh2#0

I was playing almost on the min settings!

Okay good. A video would be better in these times, wouldn't it? Where you elaborate and show us in detail what you did not like. Anyway, thank you so far for sharing your very personal opinion.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by mcrippins
    Thinking about it now.. The one thing I REALLY appreciate about NA getting it last is that Trion will get to see all of the reactions from the game opening in other countries. Hopefully that will help minimize some of the problems/mistakes that are currently ongoing. 

Why do you give a shhh about a personal opinion? The game will turn out for you completely different. Lets relax and see

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

I just started playing Archeage in the Russian OBT. I am lv 11 at moment. My partial conclusion is: AA is a improved version of Lineage 2. 

Archeage sounds like a L2 with a slightly better combat system (because the combos and sinergies), a well better graphics, a absurdily better amount of sandbox features, BUT a slightly worse pvp system.

I think anyone that played L2 and liked will probably like AA, except the "hardcore" pvpers (since L2 had full open world pvp and AA dont).

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

Actually, the worst thing is that I'm getting 2-3 seconds latency, and I live in Western Europe....Clearly this is a major factor as well.

Still, from what I was able to see in my brief sessions, combat isn't that bad for a tab target game, as skills actually convey a sense of hitting the enemy, unlike most other MMORPGs.

It was actually graphics which underwhelmed me a little, for a CryEngine game it isn't that pretty anymore, I guess the age is showing and they didn't update the engine to the most recent version.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• docminus2docminus2 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Originally posted by Zadawn

Then the OP is a much more patient person than I am.  If I'm still not having fun after about 3-4 hours then I uninstall.  As I get older I'm finding that number is steadily declining too.  With my schedule, 90 hours is about 5-6 weeks of play.  I can't imagine subjecting myself to that in the name of "fairness" to a video game.

I agree you with here - "Fairness to a video game" - what is that anyway? 5h? 20h? 100?

A single player game usually is done after anywhere from 20-50h. Now I know that MMOs are different, but, say at least after 1 week ingame, ca 6-10h one should be able to click with it, esp. if it is a complex one like, say, EVE. Again, even there though, if you can't get hooked on the basics, which should be somewhere below 6 hours or so....

A touchy subject o/c.

Back to the OP - thanks for sharing your thoughts, even though personal, it feels like it it with any hyped game - there is no miracle MMO.

--------------------------------------------
    Youtube newb:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96N3cxBuqKTPV2BQNlzGUw