Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DayZ: Dean Hall to Step Down as Lead Designer

2»

Comments

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744
    Sounds like a real jerk, "i am a grenade" "i am the greatest thing that happened to DayZ" "i am the best person to ever grace this planet" "i am...god"! Try deflating that ego a bit man when speaking to the public.
  • matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136
    This is the guy that took 2 months off during development cycle to climb Mt. Everest, right?  I've not played Dayz in either iteration of it, but when I heard that, there are issues there.  Can't say I'm surprised by this.  I'll definitely be keeping it in mind for anything he's attached to.
  • ohgodtherats707ohgodtherats707 Member UncommonPosts: 85

The game is only at 20% done and hes fucking tail lights? Sounds like all of this was too much for old dean. way to give up on your child!!  that's right  just leave it in the car with the windows rolled up during a hot day in a parking lot :(

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Something tells me that it was payday.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    He made a buggy mod that blew up, and bit off way more than he can chew. Too little too late. The market is flooded with half finished zombie games and DayZ is just not that impressive compared to some of the current arma 2 modded DayZ servers.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• Master.RyuMaster.Ryu Member UncommonPosts: 52
    He makes risk and likes others to make risk? Like the risk of many fans throwing money at a game that he's departing after he has gotten the cash? What a risk.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I'm looking at this as a positive change. Dean's head hasn't been in the game for a long time. Peace out Rocket.

Joined - July 2004

• Radar11xRadar11x Member UncommonPosts: 118
    I saw this coming. BI is not that great of a developer if you look back on they're history (tho i love me some arma). In the end with how arma 3 has turned out its almost safe to say that this developer is more incline to release a game to be modded rather then release a game to be played.
  • goatfightgoatfight Member Posts: 7

Wow what an asshole. "I can talk truckloads of people into supporting my vision for an awesome game, and then walk away with their money".

Thanks Dean, when you throw together your new company I'll have a specific entity to boycott. What a prick.

• IBrYcEIIBrYcEI Member Posts: 7
    The Game was sht anyway dean lets all admit it maybe if it was cod/dayz you would have the perfect game but arma/dayz might as well go kill yourself....
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

the standalone is shit. his next project will also be shit.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Member UncommonPosts: 1,199
    Originally posted by delta9

this is a prime example of why spending a box price on a product that is no where near box price ready is a risky thing and why i stay well away from it

Since when is 30 bucks box price?

And yeah, it's buggy, but its still more fun than most games, hence why people bought it.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I knew something smelled bad.
  • HyncharasHyncharas Member Posts: 1
    I think it's more likely he's being fired because of the recent omission that DayZ might be heading to Xbox One - a studio like Bohemia isn't going to want someone around that shares potential secrets before they're actually ready to show it off.