Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Black Desert: Daeil Kim On What Sets Their Game Apart

13»

Comments

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265

western games still coming out with the same crap and ugly animation and hideous player models.. i hate how western mmo sites always focus on western mmo's esp on podcast  and completely ignore games liek this..

this game is more innovative then anything out here, the next big thing is what? eso and it looks worser then 5 year old kroean games and the gameplay and animation and ability effects look like ass

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by xAPOCx
    What a shame. I was really looking forward to this title. Everything looks to be great. The thing that puts me off is the combat system. i dont want to be fumbling about needed to hit keys with mouse clicks. i never use WASD to move. Always use the directional keys for that. I have a feeling that the combat in Black Desert will be cumbersome and awkward. 

you never played a game more advance then point and click then? you cant chew gum and walk at the same time? how hard can it be, every mmo out now is super simple.. you want it to stay teh same? its getting closer to console level action, which is way more fun then boring point and click, unless console games are too advance for you to comprend moving forward by pressing forward, and who the f uses arrows to move in any game nowadays?

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233

Combat looks twitch based meaning lots of sorcerers and ranged. Sandbox to me does not necessarily mean great. The largest guild will dominate as in most games with an open format. Max guild membership, factions for untoward actions taken by players are two ways to limit guilds and allegiances. Alot of games are going Sandbox, PvP PK fests without any repercussions. Meaning you can do whatever and it doesn't affect you in a town. (which it should if you're killing people with a good standing with a town)

It looks nice but I am concerned about content and longevity. Sandbox games don't always have alot of content and endgame is PvP...which for me gets old really fast. (I get my kicks from the story, adventure and exploration, not killing the same people over and over, dying, rinse, repeat)

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I like almost everything i see and hear from this guy,the only part i really feel is a mistake is any kind of CONTROL by larger guilds or any kind of pvp related to again over sized guilds basically controlling the game.

I realize there is some positive to limiting houses but not the way they are doing it.I would like to know how they plan on keeping the other players interested if the large guilds control every house ,the rest of the population will not have the same equal opportunities.

I guess my point is you should never start alienating players based on size of guild.I feel this will also create a race,leaving friends and small guilds with no chance what so ever to attain the same fun value.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PeenenvyPeenenvy Member Posts: 13
    Yea sadly the asian style armor will kill it for me as well. Don't preferably like hooker boots and doo doo looking armor.
  • sirlysirly Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if this is going to be a full loot game?  
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    It's too far out for me to get hyped over but as it gets closer to western release I can see my really getting amped up for this based on what is released in the East.
    Originally posted by sirly
    Does anyone know if this is going to be a full loot game?  

Last word I heard, there is a FFA zone and it is FFA. They were considering a Wushu style too but I think they backed out on that.

• EkoazarakEkoazarak Member Posts: 10
    Black Desert has GENDER LOCK.. ya if you wanna play a Male, only certain classes... and if you want to play a Female... no Warrior for you...  SOMEONE TRANSLATE "FUCKING DUMB" into Korean for me...
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Had the chance to play Korean Alpha,....game is a blast.  Kind of feels like Teras combat, but more open world

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

Originally posted by Ekoazarak
    Black Desert has GENDER LOCK.. ya if you wanna play a Male, only certain classes... and if you want to play a Female... no Warrior for you...  SOMEONE TRANSLATE "FUCKING DUMB" into Korean for me...

Based on video that's the current state and while there are 3 subtle face changes and some hair designs, you really are playing clone wars with the 4 cast members in the trailer. You can see an Archer or a witch a mile away and if 4 or 5 berserkers are standing at a quest NPC you can't tell them apart. While those four models are very well done, it just looks like something out of the twilight zone, having just those four in an otherwise elegant and rich game world.

• Servant-XIIServant-XII Member Posts: 34

It may be just me, but nothing is really interesting to me in the MMO world at the moment. ESO is not cutting it at all. GW2...may be good but it's published by NCSoft, a company whose pockets I simply will not line with my hard earned money every again. SWTOR? Uh...no. No ten times over. 

However, Black Desert I'm really leaning towards. My concern is story. Content. Will they have enough, will it be rich and as open as the world they are touting. That remains to be seen. The gender lock thing...not digging that. The sandbox concept...digging that. So I'm keeping my eye on this. 

CoH Supergroup: The Millennium Paladins

• PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103
    The game looks very interesting in all aspects except for "action combat".  That's the term all of the MMOs have been using for the last 4 to 5 years.  All other things in the game have my interest except this puts me off some what.  It would be nice to see a very good game written that doesn't tout this term as one of their primary selling points.  The sandbox peaks my interest more so than other elements.
  • skynight007skynight007 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    I'm pretty sure the western market will screw this game up with their demands and reviews..... they always do.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    In all honesty anything that has the word sandbox in I would be interested in taking a look at it. I hope the game does well. I may just try it.

Well to start with, it is not even close to a sandbox design, just another Korean grinder with great graphics and a few new twists.