Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RIP Pantheon

RIP Pantheon

Comments

• blutigfaustblutigfaust Member UncommonPosts: 129
    can you guys elaborate a bit more than a picture ?

Current games playing: MechWarrior Online
    Games being watched:  Project Genom
    Favorite played games: SWG, RomaVictor, and Xsyon

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Except...it's not dead. 

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Just barely half of their goal, not sure how impressive that will be to investors.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Karma is a beautiful thing. The balance has been restored.
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Honestly, I think it more has to do with the fact that the kickstarter MMO market is a little over saturated right now. Once some of these titles actually launch would have been a better time to try this. He was too late to the party! I know I was somewhat interested in this game but I am waiting to see how SOTA turns out before I back anything else.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by bcbully

[mod edit] 

I'm usually a mild mannered person and at the beginning of the Kickstarter was a avid supporter of Pantheon but since the launch of the KS and how poorly it has been managed and when it looked like it would not make it's goal, the devs abandoned it for their own website.  I feel I have a just reason to be an asshole image

On the bright side, you can already subscribe to this game before it's even out! Only a $5 subscription, or $100 for lifetime subscription!

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Guess the fans can be blamed for this one.  Almost 3200 backers.  If all of them just gave around 255 dollars each, they would have hit the goal.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Member UncommonPosts: 654
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    On the bright side, you can already subscribe to this game before it's even out! Only a $5 subscription, or $100 for lifetime subscription!

Don't forget the $15 sub or $500 makes you an apprentice developer and gives you full access to the forums and access to forum discussions with the devs.

Originally posted by Roin
    Guess the fans can be blamed for this one.  Almost 3200 backers.  If all of them just gave around 255 dollars each, they would have hit the goal.

Should have offered houses, that worked well for SOTA. I'm being serious actually, a big ticket persistant in game item like that sells. The cheapest donation to get a house was $500, Lord British is a genius salesman.

Originally posted by Buccaneer

Don't forget the $15 sub or $500 makes you an apprentice developer and gives you full access to the forums and access to forum discussions with the devs.

Yes! Thank god subscription games are coming back, no more pay to win!

• NirrtixNirrtix Member Posts: 173

RIP Pantheon

just because the KS failed it failed for many reasons

1.KS got hacked...

2.There was an active campaign by people from sites like rerolled to nix the kickstarter.

3. Many are dissing Brad over the Vanguard game over things that were for the most part not his fault.

In the end it jsut means they need another form of funding... it means jack. They had 8% highest pledges of any game ever on kickstarter... that says something...

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Star Wars The Old Republic
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

• TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629

I'm usually a mild mannered person and at the beginning of the Kickstarter was a avid supporter of Pantheon but since the launch of the KS and how poorly it has been managed and when it looked like it would not make it's goal, the devs abandoned it for their own website.  I feel I have a just reason to be an asshole image

They will have a hard time finding an investor and they know it too, and it's sort of clear that not that many people are interested in tossing more money, and only fulfilled half of the originally set goal. The piss-poor glued together Kickstarter video was very poorly executed and cost them the ball. I was not to thrilled of the campaign as it failed to get me excited for it personally.

Plan B is open up a never-ending kickstarter on personal website. and keep it going and maybe it will eventually hit it's goal. It worked wonders for Star Citizen regardless of them being successful on the original amount, in other words the campaign never ends. Money, Money, Money!  GIVE ME THE MONEY!

Sigh*

Should have offered houses, that worked well for SOTA. I'm being serious actually, a big ticket persistant in game item like that sells. The cheapest donation to get a house was $500, Lord British is a genius salesman.

I think it would have. People eat up the luxury, cosmetic, and fluff stuff like that.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

that makes no sense... not everyone has over $200 to donate.... I donated $250

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

Originally posted by Nirrtix

RIP Pantheon

1.KS got hacked...

2.There was an active campaign by people from sites like rerolled to nix the kickstarter.

3. Many are dissing Brad over the Vanguard game over things that were for the most part not his fault.

In the end it jsut means they need another form of funding... it means jack. They had 8% highest pledges of any game ever on kickstarter... that says something...

I always wonder, why don't they just set it really low? So then they can keep whatever they raise. Like, if they had asked for 400k at least they would be getting the 460k right now.

Bucccaneer to say they abandoned it for their website is rediculous... the website has less beneficial tiers... (they are honoring the teirs of those who pledged on the KS though) and the website pledging did not go live until after the KS was over.... secondly, it does not take the whole team to make the damn website.

If you are going to start that rant about how the devs were not on the KS site 24/7... OMG would you rather them shooting the shit with us, or actually making the game? I choose the latter.

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

Originally posted by Chii-Nii

They will have a hard time finding an investor and they know it too, and it's sort of clear that not that many people are interested in tossing more money, and only fulfilled half of the originally set goal. The piss-poor glued together Kickstarter video was very poorly executed and cost them the ball. I was not to thrilled of the campaign as it failed to get me excited for it personally.

Plan B is open up a never-ending kickstarter on personal website. and keep it going and maybe it will eventually hit it's goal. It worked wonders for Star Citizen regardless of them being successful on the original amount, in other words the campaign never ends. Money, Money, Money!  GIVE ME THE MONEY!

Sigh*

Ya, I feel like they will have an even harder time now. I am sure a lot of people won't re pledge now that they didn't make their goal the first time.

With SOTA they definitely did an amazing job pushing that Kickstarter. They got the word out there, did tons of interviews, live streams. Richard was even posting on these forums at times. They had a big 24/hr live stream at the end of KS, was a lot of fun. I actually upped my pledge quite a bit during that live stream. They showed a lot of passion for the project. I didn't see that from Pantheon.

Do you have 250 dollars to just throw away? Most people don't, and most people that do, won't.  If something is important to you though. Like seeing this game get made, believe me you'd find a way to donate that much or more. Hell there are jobless people out there, that still find time to kick out dollars for a sub each month. Because their hobby is important to them. They don't have the money to waste, but they make it happen.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

RIP Pantheon

1.KS got hacked...

I always wonder, why don't they just set it really low? So then they can keep whatever they raise. Like, if they had asked for 400k at least they would be getting the 460k right now.

I agree they should have set it lower enough to make a demo and they should have made the website first. Then they could have made a more ambitions KS or done it on site like Camelot Unchained did. This is their first Kickstarter. And for those who say Brad is horrible with managing money (I hear that alot) that only happened supposedly with Vanguard. I say supposedly because there was more to it than that. In Everquest he made one of the most successful MMOs of all time. The demand for PAntheon shows it. IT ranked 8% highest in pledges of any game ever on KS.

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

Do you have 250 dollars to just throw away? Most people don't, and most people that do, won't.  If something is important to you though. Like seeing this game get made, believe me you'd find a way to donate that much or more. Hell there are jobless people out there, that still find time to kick out dollars for a sub each month. Because their hobby is important to them. They don't have the money to waste, but they make it happen.

Hon I was arguing your point... I said to dis the game because msot people did not have $250+ to donate is silly. It does not mean the game will not happen though. The only thing I hope Brad does not do is goto SoE to publish Pantheon... SoE destroys games not make them.

Nirrtix
    ALPHAs:
    -Pantheon
    -Shroud of the Avatar
    -Camelot Unchained
    BETAs:
    -World of Warcraft
    -City of Heroes
    -Star Wars Galaxies
    -Saga of Ryzom
    -Homeworld
    -Starcraft II
    -Warcraft III
    -Hearthstone
    -Vanguard Saga of Heroes

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

Also not having a release date of 2017 would have helped.

The main reason I believe Garriott and Roberts have been successful is they started with a well defined goal with initial testing to begin within 6 months of their projects. Defined ideas backed up with realistic goals, customers can smell that dedication and focused effort.

People don't necessarily always want "right" as much as "right now", it's a mixture of the two. They should have waited to show their hand. At this point they should wait and raise money till 2017 then make an announcement, start another campaign and promise some sort of access within 6 months of that.

The additional subscribing to forums also surely didn't help and initial pledgers certain saw that as a red flag, though the most hardcore can now stick with that it seems, though man that is asking alot of a consumer, they better treat and reward those people with amazing things or actual % in stock, most definitely something more than a vanity cloak.

RIP Pantheon

1.KS got hacked...

I agree they should have set it lower enough to make a demo and they should have made the website first. Then they could have made a more ambitions KS or done it on site like Camelot Unchained did. This is their first Kickstarter. And for those who say Brad is horrible with managing money (I hear that alot) that only happened supposedly with Vanguard. I say supposedly because there was more to it than that. In Everquest he made one of the most successful MMOs of all time. The demand for PAntheon shows it. IT ranked 8% highest in pledges of any game ever on KS.

He wasn't managing the money in EverQuest, he wasn't even in charge. I always said, he has great ideas but I think he needs to be brought down to earth by someone a little more practical. He shouldn't be in charge of a project let alone the entire company.

• ZapzapZapzap Member UncommonPosts: 224

I immediately donated my pledge to the website once the Kickstarter did not fund.  I think of it as a donation to the genre.   Pantheon IMO, is the last hope for a dying genre that has lost itself. This game needs to be made.

I don't expect a lot from Pantheon.  the probability of the game being made IMO is not high. But I am happy to give them money.  Vanguard was the best game made since DAOC.  I don't expect another Vanguard but I also don't expect a game watered down as much as Vanguard was to make its publishers happy.  I don't expect SOE/MS to force them to completely redo the game a year before release and lose over a year of development time like Vanguard.  While Pantheon will not have the content or features of Vanguard I expect it to be a much better game with a much better vision.  A chance for not only a good game for veteran players but a chance for Brad, Salim and some others to redeem themselves.  It is a very important project. Pretty much the only MMO I am excited about right now.

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245

RIP Pantheon

1.KS got hacked...

And here comes the fanbase with the excuses and bull. Exactly the reason I did not pledge. Purely out of spite for the community,

This discussion has been closed.