Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will be ur race/class?

2»

Comments

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697
    High Elf Sorcerer  following the conjuring/summoning line.  Send in a familiar and use staff shots from a distance.  Same set-up as my Skyrim "main" character, except he could summon two dremora.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    Dark Elf sorcerer to start, using light armor.  

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I'm leaning towards a Nord Dragon Knight  with a 2hander and heavy armor. And yes I will be shouting "FUS RO DAH!" at my monitor as I obliterate people in PvP.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    To all those who said "I wanted to play as, but". the racials  while nice are not going to break your character if you choose the race you really wanted to play.
  • ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by DMKano

After lots of research and build discussion in different forums - Dunmer DK light armor build. 

Yes it's the absolute min/max build but I am fine with that.

I wonder how many folks are simply picking race/class/armor by looks - (huge mistake imo)

I am not really a min-maxer and i always try to make unusual builds, but the racials are so strong.   If the Nightblade class got 100% stealth damage bonus and race only got 10%, i probably would not bother, but there are only two passives that give stealth dmg bonus, they're both 10% and one is racial, so yeah, not passing that up.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Imperial shadowblade on the elf cat peeps faction

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

After lots of research and build discussion in different forums - Dunmer DK light armor build. 

I wonder how many folks are simply picking race/class/armor by looks - (huge mistake imo)

kind of agree ya.

i do believe for the most part that if you want to look a certain way you need to play your character a way that is fitting to that look.

i wanted to be an orc templar/healer than wore heavy armor who has tons of survivability

but i just can't pass up on the breton racials and i don't know if i can pass up on the light armor passives either.

especially if i go destruction staff/bow which are the weapons i am leaning twords using right now.

i will need to be as magica efficient as possible and i don't think i can do that without wearing light armor.

plus light armor synergies with breton racials, so yeah...

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by baphamet

kind of agree ya.

i do believe for the most part that if you want to look a certain way you need to play your character a way that is fitting to that look.

i wanted to be an orc templar/healer than wore heavy armor who has tons of survivability

but i just can't pass up on the breton racials and i don't know if i can pass up on the light armor passives either.

especially if i go destruction staff/bow which are the weapons i am leaning twords using right now.

i will need to be as magica efficient as possible and i don't think i can do that without wearing light armor.

plus light armor synergies with breton racials, so yeah...

Soft caps in this game are hit easily. All the perfect min/max builds everyone thinks are mandatory actually aren't as important as people think. A huge part of the game is the horizontal progression offered by the open skill system. Eventually most will have several builds per character and racials will apply a benefit no matter what unless someone plans on never playing melee ... ever. All builds will use magicka, need health and use stamina even if only for sprinting and cc removal.

It is a great system for min/maxers but is far far less important than what seems to be talked about here.

You stay sassy!

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by Tamanous

Soft caps in this game are hit easily. 

Someone mentioned specifically that in-combat health and magica regen are capped, so i would assume stamina also. 

What other soft caps exist that you're aware of?    Are there any damage / crit caps?

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Will probably start with a high elf Sorc and then make a wood elf or khajiit nightblade. 
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

It's not a mistake unless it reduces the fun you get out of the game.  None of the racial skills appear to be strong enough to make or break a build if you make your other choices in an intelligent fashion.

Originally posted by arieste

Originally posted by Tamanous

Soft caps in this game are hit easily. 

Someone mentioned specifically that in-combat health and magica regen are capped, so i would assume stamina also. 

What other soft caps exist that you're aware of?    Are there any damage / crit caps?

I haven't seen them all personally, but I've seen enough different ones that it looks like everything that gets measured gets a soft cap.  It may dampen some of the enthusiasm for heavy armor, for instance, when people realize that a full suit of same level heavy armor *will* hit the soft cap for armor, meaning that for that armor type, one if it's biggest assets is one you can't fully utilize.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• Castielle101Castielle101 Member CommonPosts: 81

Imperial Templar or Nord Templar.

Cas

Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Redguard Templar, Stamina-centric with a Heavy/Medium armor mix. Low Magicka active skill selection, but enough to keep my blue bar low to support my green and red ones. A tactical physical soldier in every sense. PvP build.

Holistic counterattack support tank. Specializes in freedom of action, defensive offense, and either self or group perpetual forward motion. Designed to counter popular build trends and maximize modest Sword and Shield damage with high Stamina, passives, slotted passives, and mix them with utility skirmishing skills.

Defense always upper-tier, support skills realistically usable, adaptable to zerg, skirmish, or solo. Preference for mobile strike forces capable of rolling through groups at an above average rate. Resource capture and reinforcement cutoff groups, in other words. Small to medium scale engagements.

Skills focused on One-Handed and Shield, Fighters Guild, Armor, and only three active class skills.

Lowish damage more or less depending upon what maxed OneHanded damage ends up being, sans Surge/Molten Weapons, but my role isn't to dps. It's to PvP tank and keep the dpsers able to do their jobs. Healing is too passive, and quick killers will abound. I am trying to be the thing that lets my group's damage amd healing operate more efficiently than the other group's. Also, since melee dmg is generally top tier in value but harder to deliver, I figure that being able to utilize it more will balance things out. The plan is to keep dmg expectations low but shoot for the stars with being able to actually deliver it. Playtesting will tell.

Not a lot of Sword and Shield high rank impressions out there since the really great skills in the line (other than Puncture) are opened up later. Hard to tell how effective this approach will be in the hands of a skilled reactive PvPer, but I am dedicated to it. Sword n Board or bust. No backup weapon.

If they add a Sword Singer skill line down the road, I am practically designed for it.

Sorry, I tend to go on. April is too far away.
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    I tend to lean toward heavy armor, buffer tanks but I have no idea what race I will select.
  • LeirosLeiros Member UncommonPosts: 281

Imperial Templar battlemage. Heavy armor, destruction staff, dawn's light, mage's guild and fighter's guild skills.

Enemy of the daedra, servant of the Nine.

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139

Breton sorc and an Imperial NB, both AD :D

/fordatqueennn

• viddsterviddster Member UncommonPosts: 220
    I think I will go Orsimer Templar in the Ebonheart pact, as I have pre-ordered. Later I think a Dunmer must be in order as they are one of my all time favourite races.

• Inf666Inf666 Member UncommonPosts: 513

Race: Imperial or Breton (have yet to decide)

Class: Templar

PvE groups: Restoration staff, 5 light / 2 heavy

PvE solo: Two-handed sword, 2 light / 5 heavy

PvP: Restoration staff and bow, 7 heavy

---
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.