Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First a little background

RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451

I've been playing MMO since before the days of the run 'n gun, fly by your pants sort of thing.  This is back when, and from a broad experience everything can be said to be evolving.  We see this feature or that game shift or add this or that and we buy it to try it out.

That's ok (though some may say its not) but in either case its not what I wanted to talk about.   Let me give an example, an analogy.  At subway you can buy a certain footlong sub for $5.   Or you can buy the same sub but only half that size (half a foot) for $4.   What reason could you have to buy the half a foot?

1) You only have exactly $4 to spend on lunch, not $5.   In this case I suggest you NOT buy a sub at all if  you only have $4.  There are many cheaper lunch options.

2) You aren't hungry enough for whole sub.    Ok then why not save half for later? 

3) You aren't aware of the small price difference.  Well now you are, you can no longer use this as an excuse to buy only half a sub.

Those are the ONLY 3 reasons I can think of.  Someone please feel free to add another if you can think of one.  There is no need to flame/troll if I missed a reason you can just politely explain why you think there should be a 4th reason.

Comments

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826
    Originally posted by RollieJoe

I've been playing MMO since before the days of the run 'n gun, fly by your pants sort of thing.  This is back when, and from a broad experience everything can be said to be evolving.  We see this feature or that game shift or add this or that and we buy it to try it out.

That's ok (though some may say its not) but in either case its not what I wanted to talk about.   Let me give an example, an analogy.  At subway you can buy a certain footlong sub for $5.   Or you can buy the same sub but only half that size (half a foot) for $4.   What reason could you have to buy the half a foot?

1) You only have exactly $4 to spend on lunch, not $5.   In this case I suggest you NOT buy a sub at all if  you only have $4.  There are many cheaper lunch options.

2) You aren't hungry enough for whole sub.    Ok then why not save half for later? 

3) You aren't aware of the small price difference.  Well now you are, you can no longer use this as an excuse to buy only half a sub.

Those are the ONLY 3 reasons I can think of.  Someone please feel free to add another if you can think of one.  There is no need to flame/troll if I missed a reason you can just politely explain why you think there should be a 4th reason.

Lolz...

I have a 4th reason why someone would buy the overpriced "half sub"

Even knowing that they are being overcharged for the sub.. Some people are just too stupid or just don't care, and will buy it anyways because they want a "half sub", the same people would probably buy the half sub if it costed 6$, if subway said it was harder to make it because the machine they put the sub in when they make it is made for a "standard sub", and if you want half, they have to hand make it outseid the machine ;)... Some people would just buy this, and not ask any questions, Because they want a Half sub and they want it NOW!!!!

The reasoning one sucker born every minute never fails to astonish and amaze me ;)

So the forth reason is: Too stupid to know any better!