Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for an mmo

tamir1400tamir1400 Member Posts: 5

ok, this thread might seem stupid, but oh well.

anyways, i just feel like trying a new game, but honestly, most of the games seems like a different version of WOW

i look at some final fantasy real reborn gameplay, and honestly, it doesn't seem bad, but i just don't wanna have to right click some monsters, get some gold, do this all over again until i'm level 50.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that i'm looking for something abit different. more skill based

i have to say that darkfall seemed interesting, but as it seems not too many people play DF:UW so i don't wanna join a game that seems abit dead.

i just wonder is there's any game out there that's abit unique and worth a shot trying?

edit:

oops, i see there's a forum for this kinda of things. how do i delete this shit? :(

Comments

• EpiconEpicon Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by tamir1400

anyways, i just feel like trying a new game, but honestly, most of the games seems like a different version of WOW

i look at some final fantasy real reborn gameplay, and honestly, it doesn't seem bad, but i just don't wanna have to right click some monsters, get some gold, do this all over again until i'm level 50.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that i'm looking for something abit different. more skill based

i have to say that darkfall seemed interesting, but as it seems not too many people play DF:UW so i don't wanna join a game that seems abit dead.

i just wonder is there's any game out there that's abit unique and worth a shot trying?

Final Fantasy ARR, is a good game. It doesn't do anything different, but it does the traditional formula well. You can level up without questing, by chasing events. Very close to guild wars 2, and Rift. Or you can do quests if you want. There is a auto loot feature, so it makes it nice. It's worth a look.

Stay away from Darkfall.

Honestly, RIFT has a cloned wow system, TORlet is WoW in space, stay away for LOTR online it just feels dated and off-- doesn't do anything different, I hate GW2 but there is no questing and it is different compared to WoW, Neverwinter sucks stay away.

I'd say, try FF a realm reborn, or The Secret World. FF ARR gives you various ways to level up, and The Secret World is completely different than anything else out there. You could give ESO a try, when it comes out, only a month to go (ignore the haters and try a game for yourself. Only opinion that matters should be yours).

There is also a game RUST, in the alpha stage, that is pretty interesting, it's 20 bucks, but I have heard some good things. It's a survival game, and they bust cheaters all the time.

"What tastes like purple?"

• tamir1400tamir1400 Member Posts: 5

thanks for the answer =)

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

I'll throw in my support for The Secret World as well; it's completely different from the standard MMO.

You could also check out TERA, Neverwinter and Defiance - they are also more "action-based", with Defiance being more of a MMOFPS.

You can probably get a buddy key for TSW on this thread if you want to check it out without buying it right away.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Just as a warning to the OP, you may find combat slow in FFXIV as it has a 2.5s GCD. Other than that it has grate graphics and an interesting class system. I would recommend try before you buy though.

As a side note, I am in the same position as the OP. I've probably tried most of the MMOs that are currently out there and I can't find one that I like. Most of the new ones are clones of others that I've played before and as someone who is looking for something different I've realized I'm never going to find it.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by tamir1400

edit:

oops, i see there's a forum for this kinda of things. how do i delete this shit? :(

Marvel Heroes .. that is as different than WOW as it can be .. though it is like Diablo.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Hello kitty online =)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Vindictus - this is definitely different than wow. In fact it's different from most others.

However, if you've had a stressful day and want to run around breaking everything - pure therapy.

and you can break things for free

• SirPKsAlotSirPKsAlot Member Posts: 224
    Eldevin is unique in that it's an mmorpg that has everything and it's playable completely through browser. It's free to play and fun to play.

Currently playing: Eldevin Online as a Deadly Assassin