Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is pretty carebear unfortunately.

2»

Comments

• LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604

Originally posted by slaani
    Originally posted by Lasastard

Well, that - of course - does not applay to all FFA geeks, but certainly to some - at least one gets the impression from their behavior on these boards.

Take your generalizations and shove them. Making personal, generalized attacks on a group of people in an effort to prove your point, only proves that you're pathetic.

Reading > you?^^

• LasastardLasastard Member Posts: 604

Btw I personally have nothing against FFA games.
    But you can not make every game FFA because of the PVE aspect. If it takes you extremly long to develop your character and equip it while having to fear that someone takes this work from you, because he/she is 10 lvls above you, it is just not fun for...lets say...95% of all players, I guess.
    FFA only works, if the impact of the stuff that can be taken away from you, can be cmpensated rather quickly. Imagine farming all your stuff over weeks and weeks, then 1 evening of PvP, 10 guys come around the corner, each 10 lvl above you, and just steal everything you worked for and leave you lying naked in the dirt...I cant see where this is supposed to be fun ^^
    And that is why FFA with corpse looting will not work in most MMORPGS, because they are not exclusivly focused on PvP, but also want to appeal to the PvE crowd - or at best to both equally.
    But you cant have extensive and worthwhile PvE without an impact on PvP and you can not have corpse looting in a system where it takes you ages to get your stuff

/edit: And I really dont get why there are - not matter which game - people complaining about "carebears" (which is btw a very offensive expression)...
    Noone ever (EVER!) said that WoW would be geared towards "hardcore" PvP players. Thats like buying a Volkswagon Beetle and complaining that its not a Ferrari...

• WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115
    The PvP in this game is a joke. One word. ALLIANCE! lol.
  • ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by WOWLags
    The PvP in this game is a joke. One word. ALLIANCE! lol.

Odd, Horde seems to do just fine on Kirim Tor from what I have seen.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• WordaenWordaen Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by slaani

Well, that - of course - does not applay to all FFA geeks, but certainly to some - at least one gets the impression from their behavior on these boards.

Take your generalizations and shove them. Making personal, generalized attacks on a group of people in an effort to prove your point, only proves that you're pathetic.

Reading > you?^^

Yeah. looks to me like this slaani character is one of the people we just love to see on the board. They post nothing constructive and assault and flame anyone who responds to their statements. Name calling and insults. Yeah, that's mature :)