Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlayStation 4 Sells 5 Million Consoles, Beats Sales Target Ahead of Japan's Launch

Comments

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Originally posted by Reham34
    Originally posted by ellobo29

Everybody knows that the XBOX ONE is just another tool for the NSA to spy on gamers anyways...

Thats the reason I bought a ps4 anyways.

@!#$# YOU AMERICA!

Well I suggest you destroy the device you used to post this ridiculous comment.  While your at it destroy any other electronic device you own.  

On a side note I would rather have NSA watch me playing a video game (which they don't ) than have all my data hacked and sold to the nearest criminal (which happened with ps network). 

"On a side note I would rather have NSA watch me playing a video game (which they don't)"

http://news.yahoo.com/report-nsa-spying-virtual-worlds-online-games-135520383.html

Oh but they doooooooooo.......

• JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by Nadia

beyond exclusive are titles that will not be on XBOX1  - but are on PS3 / PS4 / PC

like DCUO and the forthcoming FFXIV

Yep very aware both have games like that, but the op mentioned incorrectly how ps 4 had way more exclusives than xb1 so I pointed those out. Xb1 will have Titanfall and other like project stark that will not be on ps4 but on PC or other platforms.

I'm not saying ones list is better than the other just pointing out inaccurate and misinformation by the op.  

Hey now, don't forget that Sony signed an exclusivity agreement with BLIZZARD and Blizzard stated they have a game coming to the PS4 that's going to....take over the world.

I foresee Diablo 3, StarCraft 2 and perhaps either an upcoming MMO or even...WoW coming to the PS4. 

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• drantikdrantik Member Posts: 29

These lists were compiled using a combination of information on Eurogamer and Wikipedia.

XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVES The XB1 has 16 exclusive titles. These are as follows: Below, Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, D4, Fantasia: Music Evolved, Forza Motorsport 5, Halo, Killer Instinct, Kinect Sports Rivals, LocoCycle, Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, Powerstar Golf, Quantum Break, Ryse: Son of Rome, Sunset Overdrive, Zoo Tycoon

PS4 EXCLUSIVES The PS4 has eight exclusive titles. These are as follows: Basement Crawl, Driveclub, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, The Order: 1886, Secret Ponchos and Super Stardust HD.

beyond exclusive are titles that will not be on XBOX1  - but are on PS3 / PS4 / PC

Yep very aware both have games like that, but the op mentioned incorrectly how ps 4 had way more exclusives than xb1 so I pointed those out. Xb1 will have Titanfall and other like project stark that will not be on ps4 but on PC or other platforms.

I'm not saying ones list is better than the other just pointing out inaccurate and misinformation by the op.  

With doing just a little bit of research, I can see that your ps4 list is missing exclusives.  Immediately I noticed the list was missing "Deep Down, "Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture", etc.  You also list "Zoo Tycoon", which are available on current and next generation systems.  If we are to go by that token, we can add additional games to our list, such as "Hohokum" or "Flower." In addition, you failed to list Minecraft for ps4, which is currently in development and will work with the vita.   

There are also additional FREE games on PSN right now, such as "outlast" and "don't starve", which are exclusive to ps4 and the pc.  

Maybe you chose not to list them because they aren't necessarily slated for release in 2014.  Nevertheless, I still feel these should be on here just to show that your larger xbox one list of exclusives is deceiving.  

This took me 5 minutes of research, I can't even imagine how many games I've missed for both systems. My only point here is that if you are clearly going to write biased towards ONE system, make sure your research is not misleading.  

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

These lists were compiled using a combination of information on Eurogamer and Wikipedia.

XBOX ONE EXCLUSIVES The XB1 has 16 exclusive titles. These are as follows: Below, Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, D4, Fantasia: Music Evolved, Forza Motorsport 5, Halo, Killer Instinct, Kinect Sports Rivals, LocoCycle, Minecraft: Xbox One Edition, Powerstar Golf, Quantum Break, Ryse: Son of Rome, Sunset Overdrive, Zoo Tycoon

PS4 EXCLUSIVES The PS4 has eight exclusive titles. These are as follows: Basement Crawl, Driveclub, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, The Order: 1886, Secret Ponchos and Super Stardust HD.

The most influencing factor is also going to be how good the games look and also play, whether their exclusives or cross platform, and while there is no getting away from the fact that the PC versions are better than either of the consoles, its also true that the PS4 has much better graphics on those games that are cross platform than the XB1 version, while games run happily on the PS4 natively at 1080p, the XB1 is not able to do the same, the latest metal gear solid is a good example of this, as is the new Tomb raider game, as a comparison, in terms of 'power' the PS4 is apparently 1.5 Wii U's more powerful than the XB1, which is kind of hillarious image

Maybe this and the upcoming games are the reason why the PS4 is outselling the XB1 by a factor of 2:1 image

Originally posted by JJ82

Hey now, don't forget that Sony signed an exclusivity agreement with BLIZZARD and Blizzard stated they have a game coming to the PS4 that's going to....take over the world.

I foresee Diablo 3, StarCraft 2 and perhaps either an upcoming MMO or even...WoW coming to the PS4. 

Hey do you have a link for thst?  All I can find is about activision and ms exclusive deal back in e3 '10.  I did see where they may bring d3 to the ps4 but nothing about an exclusive deal though. 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/20/blizzard-announces-partnership-with-sony.aspx

You hurt yourself by searching for Activision instead of Blizzard. Even though they are the same company, they can make their own contracts under their own names because they are still "separate" divisions.

Its like Sony Music, they own Epic Records but Epic can sign exclusives that don't bind Sony Music and vice-versa

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

SONY and Blizzard do have an agreement but D3 is likely coming to xbox1 too

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-15-shops-say-diablo-3-is-coming-to-xbox-one

D3 will probably release to PS4 first then Xbox1 later

Hey do you have a link for thst?  All I can find is about activision and ms exclusive deal back in e3 '10.  I did see where they may bring d3 to the ps4 but nothing about an exclusive deal though. 

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/20/blizzard-announces-partnership-with-sony.aspx

You hurt yourself by searching for Activision instead of Blizzard. Even though they are the same company, they can make their own contracts under their own names because they are still "separate" divisions.

Its like Sony Music, they own Epic Records but Epic can sign exclusives that don't bind Sony Music and vice-versa

Yeah no need to make personal attacks they buddy.  I searched both, thanks for the link.  

Personal attack? you hurt yourself? oooook. sure wasn't meant as one.

• FappuccinoFappuccino Member Posts: 159
    I think I'll celebrate by buying a Wii U.
  • MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Originally posted by dragonslayer4ever
    Congratz Sony~!! You've never let us down and will be confident that you will be able to come out with more awesome stuff. :) 

It is good news for sony, but ps4 sales won't keep the company above water. Thier probably going to need a bail out at some point to stay afloat, plus them being junk status isn't good for them either

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by ElRenmazuo
    Originally posted by ThomasN7
    The power of $399.00... Sony really has no exclusives on it worth buying a PS4 for.  Infamous: Second Son looks bad, The Order is still an unknown and Uncharted could be light years away. I was all excited for a PS4 and then I saw their games line up and changed my mind.

I could say the same thing about Xbone.  I played all its exclusives at my friends house.  Ryse was very short, buggy as hell, and full of Quick Time Events.  Killer Instincts was a let down for me as a huge fan of the original, it only had like 6 characters.  I would rather get Injustice in terms of fighting games which may not be exclusive but at least its on PS4 unlike Xbone.  Forza was just a joke of a racing game, for a next gen title it sure didnt impress in terms of graphics, especially when the people in background look like cardboard cut outs.

Dead Rising 3 was ok, just not as amazing as the xbox fans make it out to be.  But liking one game is not enough for most people to spend 500 dollars on for a console.

At least PS4 has so many good titles on PSN and more coming.  A lot of good free titles too.  On top of that games like Metal Gear will be full 1080p 60 FPS while on xbone it will be 720p.

I looked at a list of upcoming confirmed exclusives on IGN i think it was, and in the long run PS4 had the largest number of exclusive titles.  And I would rather play majority of multi-platform games on PS4 as well because of performance and quality of graphics.  What makes Infamous Second Son look bad?  If you played the first two than you know its gonna be good.

And here is some released gameplay footage of The Order 1886 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS74P_jsmgs&hd=1

/Your list of exclusives is a little off which puts into doubt the rest of your post. As for the 1080 vs 720 it's been proven on many sites while comparing other titles the difference in not noticeable while playing the games side by side. Sure if you want to pull out a microscope and go frame by frame you will see a difference. But I guess the ps 4 fans that keep bringing this up play their games frame by frame next to a xb1.

http://www.spawnfirst.com/news/little-difference-call-duty-ghosts-ps4-xbox-one/

http://n4g.com/news/1375413-creed-iv-differences-between-ps4-xbox-one-pc-and-old-generation-further-detailed

well you enjoy playing your games frame by frame with a microscope just so you can see difference.

. PS4 EXCLUSIVES The PS4 has eight exclusive titles. These are as follows: Basement Crawl, Driveclub, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, The Order: 1886, Secret Ponchos and Super Stardust HD.

So if bashing one or the other gives you some sense of meaning and gives your credibility as to why you bought the Ps4 or xb1 then have fun trying to convince yourself. The truth is they are both impressive machines, they are both putting great exclusive titles and are both selling tons of units.  Congrats to ps4 for leading in sales does help being in 31 more territories.  

I don't and wont own neither of these consoles. I have no axe to grind except for people trying to argue a point that there is no visual difference 720p and 1080p.

That's a load of crap, bigger the screen = bigger the difference.

If a game shows no visual difference, then guess what? they're textures etc. are 720p or worse.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Originally posted by laserit
    The power of $399.00... Sony really has no exclusives on it worth buying a PS4 for.  Infamous: Second Son looks bad, The Order is still an unknown and Uncharted could be light years away. I was all excited for a PS4 and then I saw their games line up and changed my mind.

I could say the same thing about Xbone.  I played all its exclusives at my friends house.  Ryse was very short, buggy as hell, and full of Quick Time Events.  Killer Instincts was a let down for me as a huge fan of the original, it only had like 6 characters.  I would rather get Injustice in terms of fighting games which may not be exclusive but at least its on PS4 unlike Xbone.  Forza was just a joke of a racing game, for a next gen title it sure didnt impress in terms of graphics, especially when the people in background look like cardboard cut outs.

Dead Rising 3 was ok, just not as amazing as the xbox fans make it out to be.  But liking one game is not enough for most people to spend 500 dollars on for a console.

At least PS4 has so many good titles on PSN and more coming.  A lot of good free titles too.  On top of that games like Metal Gear will be full 1080p 60 FPS while on xbone it will be 720p.

I looked at a list of upcoming confirmed exclusives on IGN i think it was, and in the long run PS4 had the largest number of exclusive titles.  And I would rather play majority of multi-platform games on PS4 as well because of performance and quality of graphics.  What makes Infamous Second Son look bad?  If you played the first two than you know its gonna be good.

And here is some released gameplay footage of The Order 1886 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS74P_jsmgs&hd=1

/Your list of exclusives is a little off which puts into doubt the rest of your post. As for the 1080 vs 720 it's been proven on many sites while comparing other titles the difference in not noticeable while playing the games side by side. Sure if you want to pull out a microscope and go frame by frame you will see a difference. But I guess the ps 4 fans that keep bringing this up play their games frame by frame next to a xb1.

http://n4g.com/news/1375413-creed-iv-differences-between-ps4-xbox-one-pc-and-old-generation-further-detailed

well you enjoy playing your games frame by frame with a microscope just so you can see difference.

. PS4 EXCLUSIVES The PS4 has eight exclusive titles. These are as follows: Basement Crawl, Driveclub, Infamous: Second Son, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Knack, The Order: 1886, Secret Ponchos and Super Stardust HD.

So if bashing one or the other gives you some sense of meaning and gives your credibility as to why you bought the Ps4 or xb1 then have fun trying to convince yourself. The truth is they are both impressive machines, they are both putting great exclusive titles and are both selling tons of units.  Congrats to ps4 for leading in sales does help being in 31 more territories.  

I don't and wont own neither of these consoles. I have no axe to grind except for people trying to argue a point that there is no visual difference 720p and 1080p.

If a game shows no visual difference, then guess what? they're textures etc. are 720p or worse.

Its already been pointed out numerous times and quite convincingly too, that there is quite a bit of difference between 720 and 1080, but here's one just in case somebody missed it image

http://bgr.com/2014/02/17/playstation-4-vs-xbox-one-metal-gear-solid-v-1080p/

Actually what the issue was is I typed "exclusive" cause you said it wz as.  there is no exclusive deal between the two.  The last sentence says IF the deal is exclusive...which it's not D3 is out on the 360 and word is it will be out on the xb1.

Yeah, sorry I consider timed exclusives as exclusive. The D3 announcement for PS4 was almost a year ago and will be released on the PS4 this spring. no announced date for the One means not until at least the end of the year which will make its release on the system less impactful and less impressive.

For example

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/21780/20140204/titanfall-ps4-release-date-news-scee-spokesperson.htm

Will it really matter much a full year later? The exclusivity deal MS has with Titanfall is for one year. But by the time it comes to PS4, the hype will have died and odds are wont have lived up to it on the One.

I hate the whole idea of exclusives. How much do Sony of Microsoft pay a developer for this? Who do you think pays it in the end?

The whole concept is counter productive and a negative for US the consumer.

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616

The only thing that's holding me back is that there isn't any killer games out for the PS4 at the moment. I feel that the X Box One did have better games on launch, but I'm not interested in a hybrid t.v/console thing, that's about £100 more expensive then it's main rival.

As soon as there is a game I'm really interested in out I'll get one, looks a good system at a reasonable price.

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

I hate the whole idea of exclusives. How much do Sony of Microsoft pay a developer for this? Who do you think pays it in the end?

The whole concept is counter productive and a negative for US the consumer.

Well, the way I see it is that the less exclusives there are, meaning also available on PC, the less inclined I am to go out there and get a console.

I say let there be exclusives. It's the reason I cancelled my PS4 pre-order.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Why is Destiny not mentioned as one of the exclusives, its a timed exclusive with exclusive PS4 features and not to mention when it launches it will be the best mmorpg on the market at its time of launch bar none, and that includes whatever is out on PC at that time.

Nobody is touching Bungie's level of quality. Nobody.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

Originally posted by Phry

Its already been pointed out numerous times and quite convincingly too, that there is quite a bit of difference between 720 and 1080, but here's one just in case somebody missed it image

I understand you refuse to read the links I have posted because they do not make you feel on tingly about the ps 4 they do not give you purpose on convince you about making the right decision. Your right it had been pointed out numerous times and quit convincingly that there is NOT a noticeable difference in the visuals of ps 4 and xb1 when playing next to each other. If you zoom into screenshot with a microscope sure you will see differences. Again try to read the links I posted. I hope they don't dash your need of convincing yourself you bought the ps4.

For the record, i have a PC that is more powerful than a PS4, and i own neither a PS3 nor a PS4, i do own an old PS2 though, and a Wii image

But that doesn't mean i'm blind either, the difference is clearly visible, between the PS4 and the XB1, and the evidence is out there, quite a bit of it, as it happens image

The battle for the title King of the Consoles was won by Sony this time, they had the hardware, microsoft didnt, maybe next time microsoft will win, they did win in the end with the 360 after all, they just lamed up with the XB1, but thats what happens when you try to do too many things, hence the old saying, jack of all trades master of none, when it comes to games, PS4 wins, i still think the PC ones are better though, and not just graphically, which is something thats long been understood anyway.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/video-game-news/10645629/PS4-sales-hit-5.3-million-in-triumph-over-Xbox.html

If i was going to buy a console, it would probably be the PS4, at the moment i am just crossing my fingers that FF XV will be on the PC. image

Originally posted by Phry

I understand you refuse to read the links I have posted because they do not make you feel on tingly about the ps 4 they do not give you purpose on convince you about making the right decision. Your right it had been pointed out numerous times and quit convincingly that there is NOT a noticeable difference in the visuals of ps 4 and xb1 when playing next to each other. If you zoom into screenshot with a microscope sure you will see differences. Again try to read the links I posted. I hope they don't dash your need of convincing yourself you bought the ps4.

you mean these links? right?

You base your arguments off these?

Your kidding right?

Two games?

Did you ever think for a moment, that maybe these two games for what ever reason are using the same lower resolution textures for both consoles?

I must of been totally imagining things when I installed the high res texture pack for my Skyrim installation on my PC and noticed a significant visual improvement.

Here's a suggestion when you want to truly understand the benefits and differences between 720p and 1080p

"Keep you console bias out of it"

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

I've got an XB1 and a PS4 in the house.  

Anyone who says there is no difference between battlefield 4 on either console is an XBOX fanboy.  

Upscaling from 720 is not 1080, and can see the difference.  

Originally posted by Uhwop

I've got an XB1 and a PS4 in the house.  

Anyone who says there is no difference between battlefield 4 on either console is an XBOX fanboy.  

Upscaling from 720 is not 1080, and can see the difference.  

Could you give us some info as to your setup at home? Size, etc.?

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291

This is epic!! The community on ESO will be awesome!! =) (Wink*)

From what I've played and seen so far with friends is just pure awesome. The whole setup is just beautiful and speedy and contagious. I'll be buying mine as soon as my friends and I decide on the first awesome experience together. Possibly for ESO? Who knows but hopefully it happens soon. Really good news and I hope to see more articles like this hopefully for epic games to come.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

I own both systems.

I have not tried a game side by side to make comparisons as I dont really care that much. But IMO both look pretty much the same. Both systems are plenty powerful for the games they have at the moment.

Maybe in the long run the PS4 will be better just due to better hardware. Right now visually not a noticeable difference in most cases.

I play on a 46' Samsung LDC TV and enjoy both systems. Titanfall Beta on xb1 is great and will be my next buy here in a few weeks.

If i had to pick one I would choose the ps4 for the better hardware specs and price tag.

you mean these links? right?

You base your arguments off these?

Your kidding right?

Two games?

Did you ever think for a moment, that maybe these two games for what ever reason are using the same lower resolution textures for both consoles?

I must of been totally imagining things when I installed the high res texture pack for my Skyrim installation on my PC and noticed a significant visual improvement.

Here's a suggestion when you want to truly understand the benefits and differences between 720p and 1080p

"Keep you console bias out of it"

Instead of running your mouth about every link I post why don't you try reading them.  It's clear you have no clue what your talking about this discussion is about how ps4 and xb1 games look similar.  Both those games ps4 is claimed to run at 1080 and xb1 is claimed to run at 720 yet there is very little differnence.  So if you want to be part of an adult conversation please read to links and try to follow along.  I apologize if my links don't suit your agenda.  

I suggest you read your own links, you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension.

"Little To No Difference Between Call Of Duty: Ghosts On PS4 And Xbox One"                                   

Your link talks about the visual difference of a single game between the two console's, not the console's themselves.

I don't have an agenda, You do

I'd suggest you  Google - "video resolution" ,  "720p vs 1080p"  , "texture resolution"

learn a little about what the fuck your talking about.

Wisdom is your friend.

Yep clearly pointless talking with you.  I posted two links about two games!! because WE WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW THE GAMES!! LOOK SIMILAR AND THERE REALLY IS NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL BETWEEN THE GAMES!!! On each console.   We were not talking about the difference between 720-1020 or video resolution we were talking about HOW GAMES!!ON THE XB1 AND PS 4 don't have that much difference.  That's why I posted two links that tslked about how each GAME LOOKS SIMILAR ON EACH CONSOLE!!

No no feel free to make personal attacks if you think that helps you.  But clearly you did not follow the conversation.  

What? you got a problem with some one calling you on your bullshit?

Quoted from Reham34 on page 3:

"/Your list of exclusives is a little off which puts into doubt the rest of your post. As for the 1080 vs 720 it's been proven on many sites while comparing other titles the difference in not noticeable while playing the games side by side. Sure if you want to pull out a microscope and go frame by frame you will see a difference. But I guess the ps 4 fans that keep bringing this up play their games frame by frame next to a xb1.

well you enjoy playing your games frame by frame with a microscope just so you can see difference."

So what are you trying to get across with this statement?  

Reham34: "We were not talking about the difference between 720-1020 or video resolution" of course not, you wouldnt have a leg to stand on.

Reham34: "we were talking about HOW GAMES!!ON THE XB1 AND PS 4 don't have that much difference. " are we talking only COD/Ghosts and AC4? or are we talking all games... present and future?

You've called someone a "PS4 Fanboi" kinda the pot calling the kettle isn't it?

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Xbox this... PS that... My PC still beat them both and it is old as the day is long.

But if i am going for one i will still put my bank with the Xbox... One should never underestimate MS ability to strong arm developers.

This have been a good conversation