Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

future skill trees

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I hope they will add more skilltrees over time...

the thieves guild and the dark brotherhood allready are announced..

but what about trees for the nine divines and Daedra Worshipping

and bring back the 8 old magic schools like Necromancy..

and add some new mellee fighting styles that can be used with several weapon types 

and maybe some new weapons

there is enough to be added, i think its essential for the longterm viabillity that they add more skilltrees while they slowly keep adding more skillpoints while they keep pushing new areas and more content..  They could also add  more layers in the current skilltrees, or add advanced versions of skilltrees ( maybe forcing people to choose between 2 options)  which give more and deeper options and even more diversity between players

but i am still not convinced if everyone should allways have access to all those skills, or that people should be forced to make choices..  Both settings have pros and cons

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Really would like a hand to hand stance

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309

Given the setup of hte system, it definitely lends itself to new skill trees being added.

My hope is that at some point some thieving gameplay is added - perhaps via the Thieves' Guild skillset.  I think that the whole "justice" system is such a major part of ES games.  Plus, with no "quicksave" before stealing, it would be fantastic to see those kinds of consequences in an MMO setting.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

• HermodHermod Member UncommonPosts: 35

A two handed staff tree, would be nice as a tanking one as well:

Spear for armour piercing.

Quarterstaff for bludgeoning and short stuns.

Pole arms for slashing and DOTs.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by arieste

Given the setup of hte system, it definitely lends itself to new skill trees being added.

My hope is that at some point some thieving gameplay is added - perhaps via the Thieves' Guild skillset.  I think that the whole "justice" system is such a major part of ES games.  Plus, with no "quicksave" before stealing, it would be fantastic to see those kinds of consequences in an MMO setting.

Thats allready been announced, some day after release the thievesguild with thieves skills will be added to the game..  

Originally posted by Hermod

A two handed staff tree, would be nice as a tanking one as well:

Spear for armour piercing.

Quarterstaff for bludgeoning and short stuns.

Pole arms for slashing and DOTs.

A twohanded stafftree, giving both healingstaff as destruction staff some stamina based mellee attacks... 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by DeserttFoxx
    Really would like a hand to hand stance

This guy gets it. image

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by arieste

The Thieves guild should bring some useful new skill trees, but stealing from NPC's gets old really quickly, and the rewards outside of quests will probably be minor.

With any luck, they may let us steal from players of the opposing factions in Cyrodiil though.