Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm Banned From Tera??

2»

Comments

• ParmesanStickParmesanStick Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by elvigy
    Originally posted by Ghern

This isn't about who or how many people read the TOS line for line. The majority of us do not.

It is about when all of us click the little box that says we accept the terms of that wall of text and if we violate it we could be banned.

They are not grading on a curve here. You cannot look at others and say that person wasn't banned for this or for that.

EnMasse saw what you did, it violated their TOS and they chose to ban you.

You are just going to have to swallow it and accept responsibiilty for your own actions and move on.

This. If you get a speeding ticket for going too fast in your car, it really doesn't matter whether 100 other cars fly past you at 100mph. You got the ticket, not them. You have to deal with it.

That was by far the best analogy I have seen and do like that. That is one that makes a lot more sense then "TOS states" .

But as far as the other guy saying "We all click the button to accept"  That there is the problem and THAT is why it is not a Legal binding contract.  So who ever wants to preach to high heaven about how they are right over their TOS.

You may be right they can set any rule they wish and can enforce any rule they want on whom ever they choose to. But in their TOS does not state a penalty nor infraction which will incur if you choose to share account information.  Why would you assume on the first strike it would be a Permanent Ban?

To the person that said sharing with someone and then having that person take something from you and claiming you been "hacked" when you clearly let someone on your account. Now this is something that the TOS states. They are not Liable as they advise you not to share accounts. That is simple. More like "Oh you lost Items Tough Shit" not "OH you let yourself be vulnerable, here never play our game again" . 

• GhernGhern Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by ParmesanStick

This isn't about who or how many people read the TOS line for line. The majority of us do not.

It is about when all of us click the little box that says we accept the terms of that wall of text and if we violate it we could be banned.

They are not grading on a curve here. You cannot look at others and say that person wasn't banned for this or for that.

You are just going to have to swallow it and accept responsibiilty for your own actions and move on.

This. If you get a speeding ticket for going too fast in your car, it really doesn't matter whether 100 other cars fly past you at 100mph. You got the ticket, not them. You have to deal with it.

Why would you assume on the first strike it would be a Permanent Ban?

Why would you assume it would not?

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I kn ow sharing accounts is against TOS in many games but ive never really seen it be enforced Ive shared my account with people before. Hell a friend of mine to is in school for engineering asked if I could level one of his wow chars. I did so as a gift. its a stupid rule IMO. As long as you arnt getting paid to do so on a shared account then it should be fine.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Like anyone goes threw and reads word for word the whole TOS and follows every word down to the letter.

Ignorance is no excuse.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Sharing accounts?

I actually tried to read some of that message you posted. 

It specifically referenced Real Money Transaction.

So what's the real story?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Sharing accounts?

it looks like he bought the account and was caught, one of the many perils of dealing with RMT'ers, anyone who does risks losing the account in question, in most games not just TERA. Kind of wonder, which is the OP more annoyed with, getting the account banned, or realising the money he paid for it was wasted ? image

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Sharing accounts?

it looks like he bought the account and was caught, one of the many perils of dealing with RMT'ers, anyone who does risks losing the account in question, in most games not just TERA. Kind of wonder, which is the OP more annoyed with, getting the account banned, or realising the money he paid for it was wasted ? image

At the end of the day, it boils down to

He broke the rules

He got caught

Have a nice day.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Me and my friends always share accounts and never had any problems, not even on Terra.

#1 Youre telling the truth - I feel bad for you.

#2 You bought the account - Haha!

Either way, you should be glad you got the 40 back and move on.

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232

That was by far the best analogy I have seen and do like that. That is one that makes a lot more sense then "TOS states" .

But as far as the other guy saying "We all click the button to accept"  That there is the problem and THAT is why it is not a Legal binding contract.  So who ever wants to preach to high heaven about how they are right over their TOS.

You may be right they can set any rule they wish and can enforce any rule they want on whom ever they choose to. But in their TOS does not state a penalty nor infraction which will incur if you choose to share account information.  Why would you assume on the first strike it would be a Permanent Ban?

To the person that said sharing with someone and then having that person take something from you and claiming you been "hacked" when you clearly let someone on your account. Now this is something that the TOS states. They are not Liable as they advise you not to share accounts. That is simple. More like "Oh you lost Items Tough Shit" not "OH you let yourself be vulnerable, here never play our game again" . 

Your argument is invalid.  Regardless of whether everyone reads it or not, it is still a legally binding contract.  Not reading a contract that you are agreeing too simply shows how little you care about your rights and responsiblities, not the validity of it.  

For example.  Almost nobody reads their cellphone contract these days either.  Those contracts are still legally binding though.  If you want to cancel your service after three months you get charged $300.  You can refuse to pay it if you choose.  But in small claims court, your argument can't be, "Nobody ever reads those contracts.  I didn't know I'd have to pay that fee."   You will be found in violation of your contract and owe that money.  And if you don't pay your wages can be garnished.  It doesn't explicitly state in the contract that they can garnish your wages, it doesn't have to.  It only has to explain to you, your rights and responsibilities if you wish to use their product.  They can wave that fee if they choose, that is up to them, as it is their option to enforce a penalty or not.  

This is how all contracts work.  People are lazy and when they face consequences for it, it's their own fault.  Hardly anybody ever reads the Privacy Policy, EULA, ToS, Warranty or Owner's Manual.  They are still held accountable because they were given these documents in advance and had ample time to read them if they so chose.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• NextGemNextGem Member Posts: 42

It seems to me that you are bitter that you got banned for doing the exact thing that the company warns their playerbase not to do. Allow me to use myself as an example..

League of Legends warns me not to harass and troll the other players. I do so anyway, even though I have been told numerous times not to. They decide to ban my account even though I have put well over three thousand hours and one thousand dollars into the game. What do I do? Do I continue to make smurf accounts and rage on the forums, or do I suck it up, take it like a man and learn from my mistakes?

I suck it up and go on with my life. Granted I am extremely heartbroken and pissed off to have lost my time but it is my own fault.

GG WP!

• SpawnbladeSpawnblade Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Like anyone goes threw and reads word for word the whole TOS and follows every word down to the letter.

Ignorance is no excuse.

Actually, there have been numerous lawsuits recently ruling in favor of consumers violating TOS, because of how intentionally awkward and unwieldy companies have made their TOS to read.  Generally if important information is not presented in an easily visible format, it does not hold up in court anymore.

Not really worth going to court over 50 bucks though.  And if it's something that is almost unanimously seen as against game policy (like selling your account,) it wouldn't hold up as it would be assumed to be in the TOS.

But a company can't just put in their TOS that all your bases (property, houses, whatever) belong to them if you play their game, and actually have that hold up legally because "ignorance is no excuse."  If the terms don't make sense, it will not hold up.  I know someone who got a loan for the bank, and the bank snuck in a bunch of stuff as extra collateral that was never agreed upon.  They just put it in a separate section that was somehow overlooked by the lawyers.  It didn't hold up in court, however, because the value of the collateral, once inflated by the additional properties included in the separate section, was completely disproportional to the amount of the loan.  Now my friend is counter-suing for fraud and they're probably going to end up settling in her favor.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

OP I'm beyond shocked.

The account was "given" to you by a friend in canada? really?

You will get no sympathy here and I'm surprised you had the gall to come here and complain about the account, which isn't yours in the first place, (given? really?) and was taken from you.

You know who has the power to get this account? The actual owner "if" they will give it back to him "if" it truly was "given" to you.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by Dibdabs
    We're supposed to care about your problem, OP, is that it?  Why exactly?  

So what? I haven't read the entirety of the US penal code, and yet I'm expected to abide by it.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by NextGem

It seems to me that you are bitter that you got banned for doing the exact thing that the company warns their playerbase not to do. Allow me to use myself as an example..

League of Legends warns me not to harass and troll the other players. I do so anyway, even though I have been told numerous times not to. They decide to ban my account even though I have put well over three thousand hours and one thousand dollars into the game. What do I do? Do I continue to make smurf accounts and rage on the forums, or do I suck it up, take it like a man and learn from my mistakes?

I suck it up and go on with my life. Granted I am extremely heartbroken and pissed off to have lost my time but it is my own fault.

GG WP!

"You reap what you sow."

Kudos on handling it so well, I can imagine that one must've stung big time.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ParmesanStickParmesanStick Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Sovrath

OP I'm beyond shocked.

You will get no sympathy here and I'm surprised you had the gall to come here and complain about the account, which isn't yours in the first place, (given? really?) and was taken from you.

You know who has the power to get this account? The actual owner "if" they will give it back to him "if" it truly was "given" to you.

I live in Idaho on the Border to Canada, so for 1 you don't know my living situation. My complaint was i was given an account, i put money into the account. My files got corrupted i spent 12 hour getting  my crap working again.

They banned the account i Understand they claim it was posted on a RMT site. I can not say if it was or not. I know I didnt post it, If my friend was going to sell it and let me use it that would have been one thing but i sunk $40 into it cause i thought i was going to use it while he was getting a new Laptop.  I did get the money i put into the account back and En Masse Entertainment said I am not banned from their game just that account is.

So in closing, I was upset that TOS was called into play over sharing information and I had just put money into it. En Masse Entertainment did however work in my favor, for helping me not to be a victim to someone not giving me full intentions of what they were planning to do with the account. And for that I am glad I explaind myself to them and posting here was more of a venting / curiosity to see if i was over reacting to something to my knowledge of the time as victimless as account sharing.

• NextGemNextGem Member Posts: 42
    Originally posted by Sovrath

OP I'm beyond shocked.

I live in Idaho on the Border to Canada, so for 1 you don't know my living situation. My complaint was i was given an account, i put money into the account. My files got corrupted i spent 12 hour getting  my crap working again.

They banned the account i Understand they claim it was posted on a RMT site. I can not say if it was or not. I know I didnt post it, If my friend was going to sell it and let me use it that would have been one thing but i sunk $40 into it cause i thought i was going to use it while he was getting a new Laptop.  I did get the money i put into the account back and En Masse Entertainment said I am not banned from their game just that account is.

So in closing, I was upset that TOS was called into play over sharing information and I had just put money into it. En Masse Entertainment did however work in my favor, for helping me not to be a victim to someone not giving me full intentions of what they were planning to do with the account. And for that I am glad I explaind myself to them and posting here was more of a venting / curiosity to see if i was over reacting to something to my knowledge of the time as victimless as account sharing.

It is still your own fault for trusting a friend who is obviously an asshole. Did you ask him before investing into the account if he did anything illegal on it? Did he tell you he used RMT on said account before allowing you to invest into it? It is more your friends fault than anything. Either have him reimburss you your 40$ or never trust him in this aspect again. You have learned a valuable lesson about account sharing and about your friend.