Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar endgame...

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

So will the endgame just be A geargrind that forces you trough a progressive raid system with some PvP as a side dish?

or will there be other activities that give you access to the best gear?

how about chracter progression?  Will there be a kind of AA system?

do they plan more skils to the classes skillpool at max level?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• kamiyadorikamiyadori Member Posts: 14

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/pve/adventures/

Just hit the website today if you have not seen it yet oh great one.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by kamiyadori

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/pve/adventures/

Just hit the website today if you have not seen it yet oh great one.

These adventures are just another type of more story based dungeons, and we have known for ages that there will be max level dungeons.. Great idea, but they will be available during leveling....

some of them will have a special max level version.... But we do not know if the loot will be of standard level 50, or that these adventures have a role in level 50 gear progression...  If they have lower level loot then the raids, all the effort will be spoiled as people will push for the raids and the better loot...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

WildStars endgame is called Elder Game. 50-70% of WildStars team is dedicated to this. While a lot of it is still under NDA due to being unfinished or unannounced, my understanding is that for PvE it will be 20 / 40 man raiding, elite dudngeons and adventures, and for PvP there will be Warplots / Warparties (which is 40 vs 40 pvp). There will also be smaller PvP and solo PvE content.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Annekynn

WildStars endgame is called Elder Game. 50-70% of WildStars team is dedicated to this. While a lot of it is still under NDA due to being unfinished or unannounced, my understanding is that for PvE it will be 20 / 40 man raiding, elite dudngeons and adventures, and for PvP there will be Warplots / Warparties (which is 40 vs 40 pvp). There will also be smaller PvP and solo PvE content.

Sounds good...  I really hope this game succeeds, as it certainly sounds like a lot of fun..    Diversity is the main answer to keep things interesting

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    The PvP modes addition to warplots will be arena and battlegrounds.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

So will the endgame just be A geargrind that forces you trough a progressive raid system with some PvP as a side dish?

It will be no different than WoW's core endgame. Dungeons battle grounds, badges, and drops for bis gear. Just hope that's Vanilla WoW's version of this design. Lot more meat to that one versus current versions. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468

Additionally, you could sandbox it up with the housing and warplots (granted, I don't think landscape altering is included with it).  There is a real benefit to adding to a house/warplot.  There are increased rest XP boosts, crafting stations, that have to be built and your friends/guildies may take advantage of your labors.  Similarly, Warplot defenses need to be built by crafters.  So there is more available than PvE gear grinds and PvP.

This info is available on devspeak videos and articles about the game.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Also raids will rotate every week, if i'm remember correctly. Not sure how many versions there will be, guess 3, but should find out eventually. Think it will be normal progression, but with this idea it makes raiding a bit more endurable. 
  • GazimoffGazimoff Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 225

WildStar's Elder Game includes:

• PvE dungeon veteran modes with layouts that change regularly  - 4 at launch
    • PvE adventure veteran modes with a large number of choice combinations - 4 at launch
    • PvE raids with layouts that change weekly - 1 20-man and 1 40-man at launch
    • PvP battlegrounds with brackets and ELO
    • PvP arenas with ELO laddering
    • PvP Warplots with ELO laddering
    • Regular content updates - last I checked, they were gunning for a 4 week update cycle. I think they're looking to follow the GW2 mode, but that's not confirmed.
    There's probably other stuff I've missed off the list, so let me know if there's something you want to see and I'll check.
    Player of games, smither of words, former of opinions, and masher of keys. WildStar Columnist
    Currently playing: WildStar, Guild Wars 2, EVE Online, Vain Glory.
  • GrimfateGrimfate Member Posts: 7

Sounds good...  I really hope this game succeeds, as it certainly sounds like a lot of fun..    Diversity is the main answer to keep things interesting

My fear is that they are trying to do too much. I think its great that they are offering so much but I look at how much energy and time all these take and its overwhelming as a player. 

I do remember the best feeling in V-WoW was the initial learning curve and figuring something out for the first time. The problem is now with MMOs I dont want to learn. Im considered a Vet of the Genera how dare a developer make me learn new things. Thats why im trying to keep an open mind with Wildstar and actually take the time this time.

• Thessik_IrontailThessik_Irontail Member UncommonPosts: 76

WildStars endgame is called Elder Game. 

It's called end game, just like every other MMO, regardless of what the devs try to relabel it as.

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Thessik_Irontail

It's called end game, just like every other MMO, regardless of what the devs try to relabel it as.

Evidently everyone is getting on this rebranding bandwagon http://www.swtor.com/info/eldergame

Originally posted by Annekynn WildStars endgame is called Elder Game. 

No, its not. Its called Elder Games because the game doesnt End when you reach 50 like it does in so many games that have nothing to do at max level. Over 50% of Carbines staff are working on Elder Game content exclusively.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

No, its not. Its called Elder Games because the game doesnt End when you reach 50 like it does in so many games that have nothing to do at max level. Over 50% of Carbines staff are working on Elder Game content exclusively.

and there is no diffrence from Carbine to the next studio, all of them put alot of focus on end game, when the game is pretty much finished, or elder game, doesnt matter whatever it is called.

they have even said in interviews that they know alot will burn through the content and then leave, and come back for new content releases if they have been happy about what they saw ofc.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    Originally posted by Hedeon

and there is no diffrence from Carbine to the next studio, all of them put alot of focus on end game, when the game is pretty much finished, or elder game, doesnt matter whatever it is called.

they have even said in interviews that they know alot will burn through the content and then leave, and come back for new content releases if they have been happy about what they saw ofc.

What they mean by elder game is that your character progression doesn't hit a wall once you reach the "max level".

Unlike many others MMORPGs in which you are "capped" in everything except gear, in Wildstar you enter a completely different part of the game, "Elder game".

It's not only a marketing trick to change "endgame" into "elder game" it's a whole new concept.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230

A geargrind that forces you trough a progressive raid system 

Is raiding ever anything else?  This is why I quit wow and wont go anywhere near wildstar.  That doesn't mean that there isn't a huge audience that enjoys this sort of gameplay.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Actually, history actually backs up the "Elder Game" term. It was coined by Ralph Koster when he was lead developer of UO in the 90's. Jeremy Gaffney adopted that term when he was making Asheron's Call as a founder of Turbine (1999 ish)

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• RagingOrangutanRagingOrangutan Member Posts: 7

Yes, it's a geargrind, like all proper endgame.  That's how your character progresses!

There are 3 modes of progression in WS:

Small group PvE

Raid PvE

PvP

Idk what a AA system is.

No you don't get more skills for finding cubes or some shit.  That's honestly a terrible system put into games as a crutch to give people more reason to keep playing.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

Did anyone answer the OP?

Gear grind progression system.  For PvE, I think they are doing it like WoW with badges for gear and drops in raids.  Get loots so you can get better loots so you can get even better loots so that you can finally get the best loots....then a new tier is released. 

I don't know if they will have PvP specific gear, but I'm thinking they do...which I really hate.  It means new cap lvl players can't compete with veterans...not due to lack of skill but due to lack of the new shiny gear.

Originally posted by Azzras
    Did anyone answer the OP?Gear grind progression system.  For PvE, I think they are doing it like WoW with badges for gear and drops in raids.  Get loots so you can get better loots so you can get even better loots so that you can finally get the best loots....then a new tier is released. I don't know if they will have PvP specific gear, but I'm thinking they do...which I really hate.  It means new cap lvl players can't compete with veterans...not due to lack of skill but due to lack of the new shiny gear.

All the endgame gear progression is still under NDA as its still unfinished. WoW's system for gear was pretty damn poor, especially with PvP. I agree with you there totally. Hopefully Carbine will improve upon that failing system. Theres also the question of crafting as its quite involved in the game but how its going to play out in the endgame is unknown at this point. Personally I would prefer crafters to be able to make gear on par with raiding gear, though requiring obviously as much effort as it takes a raider to get. Same for PvP.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

The last time i've heard something like that it came directly from Trion's PR-drivel department. When players in the beta asked about endgame and Buttler or some guy said that the players don't have to be worried about endgame at all, as there would be so much to do.

3-4 weeks after release players stood in Meridian and Sanctum with nothing to do but jump around and draw circles with the camera.

Originally posted by Volgore
    Originally posted by Annekynn   Originally posted by Thessik_Irontail Originally posted by Annekynn WildStars endgame is called Elder Game. 
    The last time i've heard something like that it came directly from Trion's PR-drivel department. When players in the beta asked about endgame and Buttler or some guy said that the players don't have to be worried about endgame at all, as there would be so much to do.

3-4 weeks after release players stood in Meridian and Sanctum with nothing to do but jump around and draw circles with the camera.

If youre saying that its possible a dev can lie then yes, absolutely. Seen it many times. Carbines elder game could be uninspired, buggy, unfinished, or outright missing things. However when the dev says that 50 to 70% of their resources are spent on the elder game content then that is where my hope rests.

• DaessarDaessar Member Posts: 204

All the endgame gear progression is still under NDA as its still unfinished. WoW's system for gear was pretty damn poor, especially with PvP. I agree with you there totally. Hopefully Carbine will improve upon that failing system. Theres also the question of crafting as its quite involved in the game but how its going to play out in the endgame is unknown at this point. Personally I would prefer crafters to be able to make gear on par with raiding gear, though requiring obviously as much effort as it takes a raider to get. Same for PvP.

All of this information has been released in some form or another through Dev interviews, so one would just have to do some digging, but it isn't something that is under gag, otherwise they wouldn't have talked about it in articles or on forums.

Endgame PvE gear progression is designed to be Veteran dungeons -> 20man -> 40man, including attunements, and they have stated that it's not intended to be able to skip 20man and go directly to 40.

PvP has unranked and ranked. Progression for this is very similar to Wow with gear being obtained through ranks/brackets of BG's or Arenas. They have stated the best Pvp gear will come from the 40man Warplot battles.

They have stated there is no badge system and the closest similarity would be their "Elder Gems".  Here is a quote for that -

Elder Gem item purchases do not grant items that can be gained elsewhere. They are limited in scope so that you would not be able to complete a set from them. Some of the purchases require that you first complete an achievement from within the content to get them

and another ...

Most, if not all, of the stat-based items you can buy directly for gold via a vendor are locked behind other content-based gating mechanisms, such as reputation.

There has not been a definitive post on crafting items, but other interviews have suggested that anything close to "raid level" items, will be soulbound, require raid materials, and be very limited. High end crafting will be focused more towards "Enhancements" for gear, for mounts, and unique high end cosmetic/housing items.

• kayze68kayze68 Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by Azzras
    Did anyone answer the OP?

Gear grind progression system.  For PvE, I think they are doing it like WoW with badges for gear and drops in raids.  Get loots so you can get better loots so you can get even better loots so that you can finally get the best loots....then a new tier is released. 

I don't know if they will have PvP specific gear, but I'm thinking they do...which I really hate.  It means new cap lvl players can't compete with veterans...not due to lack of skill but due to lack of the new shiny gear.

Feels like SWTOR all over again. Hyped up, then doesn't deliver. 

Originally posted by kayze68
    Originally posted by Annekynn   Originally posted by Azzras Did anyone answer the OP?   Gear grind progression system.  For PvE, I think they are doing it like WoW with badges for gear and drops in raids.  Get loots so you can get better loots so you can get even better loots so that you can finally get the best loots....then a new tier is released.  I don't know if they will have PvP specific gear, but I'm thinking they do...which I really hate.  It means new cap lvl players can't compete with veterans...not due to lack of skill but due to lack of the new shiny gear.
    Feels like SWTOR all over again. Hyped up, then doesn't deliver. 

Uhm, nothing has been delivered yet as the game doesnt even have a release date yet as its still not finished.