Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uninstalled, why because it's a gender lock game.

13»

Comments

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST
    Originally posted by kaiser3282
    Originally posted by STYNKFYST

Have to laugh at most of the responses to this.

OP...not sure what you expected since you are told what you will play from the get go.

Which is the problem with this game...from the get go. Everyone can cheer this game til their faces are blue....wont change the fact that it's a lame Diablo clone. Worse than Diablo because it claims you can make a toon anything you want. True to a point...but who cares if you aren't having fun?

I take it you haven't actually played the game, or at least read up on any of the details regarding the equipment & skills systems. You can actually take any of the starting "classes" and spec them into anything you wish. Want to look like a frail witch but have everything invested in strength, heavy armor, a massive 2 handed weapon, and strength based melee abilities? Go ahead.

Passive skill / stat trees are universal, the same for everyone. Anyone can use any equipment type as long as you meet the minimum stat requirements. Anyone can use any skill gem type as long as they meet the minimum stat requirements.

Take it how you want....

I tested it from way back. Played it at launch. You can spew what you want about it to me and others....just a Diablo clone that add a bunch of fluff on top.

ZZZZzzzzz.....

Hmm... it is an ARPG like Diablo, but outside of the main elements of dungeon crawling, bashing monsters and getting loot, it really is not that similar to the Diablo series. If you disliked the game, then so be it, but saying it is a clone of the Diablo games is just flatout wrong. You might as well call it a Gauntlet clone while you are at it because Diablo would absolutely have to be a Gauntlet clone.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• SuperNickSuperNick Member UncommonPosts: 460

You cut yourself out of what is potentially a game you might enjoy for hundreds of hours because of a slightly limiting gender feature?

Sounds like a real gamer to me.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Gender locked says it all for me.I simply won't play a game with it.
  • patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    If you are looking to role-play, it's probably not the game for you. The game is about character building, progression, looting, trading and gambling.
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    I didn't think PoE was fun at all. It looks and feels like a game made 10 years ago. Really the only thing good about it is the skill tree.
  • I thought women wanted to be men too though
  • NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Warjin

Download , got to character select, logged out and uninstalled, why because it's a gender lock game.

I don't know about you people but I play RPG games to immerse myself into the world and in most cases I like to make a bad ass characters that reflects me as if I was in the universe, I can't get into a character that is a female because I am not.

Maybe i'm just an old school Alpha male and maybe times have changed but I play MMO's any game for that matter with character creation male, too bad because this game looked pretty deep.

Call me when they remove gender locking.

You must be a real badass if you only play games that reflect who you really are.  I play games to be pretend I'm someone else in a different place and time.  Maybe I suck at life though...

I guess to each their own, but personally, I would have found a better reason to not play.  Like... the fact that everything about it is relatively dull besides the skill system.  But that's my opinion, and, again, to each their own.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

With a bit of imagination, you can always name your female character "Michael" and pretend you are a male transgender.

This would also put PoE years ahead of other games (other games in which there is just the classical male/female choice, and no real option to play transgender characters).

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Scagweed22
    I thought women wanted to be men too though

EDIT::

Lol... I better edit this or I'll get a ban and a mod edit.