Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gloria Victis in the Top 100 within 24 hours on Steam Greenlight!

JogobogosJogobogos Member UncommonPosts: 172
Thanks to your priceless support, Gloria Victis has reached the Top 100 on Steam Greenlight almost on the very first day it appeared there! Such proof of your trust is a great chance for us to reach even more people out there in the world, as well as the best motivation to do what we do.
However, it is not the end just yet – we are fighting our way up the Top 100!
So, after such a positive shot of energy we’re increasing the gear! What can you expect in the near future?
- A new patch
- Weekly summary of what we’ve done
- New video with actual Pre-Alpha gameplay
- In the next few weeks
– we’re taking off the NDA!

Thank you all once again! Because of you we know that our work is not done in vain! Gloria Victis. By gamers, with gamers, for gamers.

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Grats !!
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Taking off NDA = we have a great product.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • benseinebenseine Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Originally posted by bcbully

And doing it pre-alpha instead of some beta right before launch.... ;)
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

They have to drop the NDA because they need people to support the product. It is an unknown IP, if you have no info about the game then no one will buy or support it.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

And they really do.

The game has a really solid foundation and strong ideals. It's just feature-lacking at the moment which is understandable.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    The game is seriously cool.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Is it forced non-consensual PvP?

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by azzamasin
    Is it forced non-consensual PvP?

It's not forced. If you want to live there as a farmer you can.

• rastapastorrastapastor Member UncommonPosts: 188

There will be two servers

One for casuals without full loot pvp

One for hardcore players with full loot pvp and perma death

It will be Your choice if u want to be a calm farmer on casual server or brutal knight on hardcore realm. I will  play on both :)

Originally posted by rastapastor

There will be two servers One for casuals without full loot pvpOne for hardcore players with full loot pvp and perma death It will be Your choice if u want to be a calm farmer on casual server or brutal knight on hardcore realm. I will  play on both :)

What? Not true. There will be EU and NA server. It's not confirmed there will be two server types. It's only been discussed a couple of times. There is no real full loot in GV, you can loot anything but you simply don't have the time to loot everything. And there is no permadeath in GV.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

They have to drop the NDA because they need people to support the product. It is an unknown IP, if you have no info about the game then no one will buy or support it.

Go figure eh?That is the SAME logic all devs should use ...UNLESS they are hiding something.

What has been the excuse or talk about with NDA's?The dev and players alike say they don't want people bad mouthing pre game stuff.Well guess what?That si EXACTLY what is SUPPOSE to happen BEFORE a game is released,your suppose to let people see the game ..."take feedback" LISTEN to the people and then decide on what changes or tweaks need to be done.,

Instead Devs market the heck out of nothing but fake videos and try to sell people the game based on Early access and some free in game items.How is that suppose to help make sure a game is ready for release,it is NOT.

Now on to this game,i have seen aq bit of it,does not look Triple A quality to me but whatever.I really don't know what top 100 means,is that this week all time,how many games have been registered with Steam since it started that green light phase?This is more what i expect from Blizzard tactics,tell people what is great about the numbers without telling them what is great about the game.I prefer to let the game do the talking rather than numbers.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by benseine
    Originally posted by rastapastor

There will be two servers

One for casuals without full loot pvp

One for hardcore players with full loot pvp and perma death

It will be Your choice if u want to be a calm farmer on casual server or brutal knight on hardcore realm. I will  play on both :)

What? Not true. There will be EU and NA server. It's not confirmed there will be two server types. It's only been discussed a couple of times. There is no real full loot in GV, you can loot anything but you simply don't have the time to loot everything. And there is no permadeath in GV.

And honestly, I think this system may be the most reasonable in the end. It is somewhat a balance between full and partial loot.

One glance at the GV forums will tell you it's practically impossible to please all crowds. There are those who say "Full loot is the only way to give meaning to PvP and have real risk/reward", and others who say "Please no full loot! It scares off casual players!"

Originally posted by Wizardry

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Go figure eh?That is the SAME logic all devs should use ...UNLESS they are hiding something.

What has been the excuse or talk about with NDA's?The dev and players alike say they don't want people bad mouthing pre game stuff.Well guess what?That si EXACTLY what is SUPPOSE to happen BEFORE a game is released,your suppose to let people see the game ..."take feedback" LISTEN to the people and then decide on what changes or tweaks need to be done.,

Instead Devs market the heck out of nothing but fake videos and try to sell people the game based on Early access and some free in game items.How is that suppose to help make sure a game is ready for release,it is NOT.

Now on to this game,i have seen aq bit of it,does not look Triple A quality to me but whatever.I really don't know what top 100 means,is that this week all time,how many games have been registered with Steam since it started that green light phase?This is more what i expect from Blizzard tactics,tell people what is great about the numbers without telling them what is great about the game.I prefer to let the game do the talking rather than numbers.

They are getting feedback on their game. From the hundreds of testers and they are posting it pre-alpha forum. And they doisten to testers. They even put up polls about features of the games and let the ppl vote over it. And the NDA get's lifted before a full alpha version is finished. Isn't that soon enough? ESO lifted NDA right before launch....

And about your question about 100 of Steam. There are currently 1538 games in Steam Greenlight. GV made it to 1st place in under 48hours. It's not the fault of the GV team that Steam doesn't make those lists public but only viewable to ppl who submitted a game to Steam Greenlight. Take that up with Steam. GV is just trying to market the game with ghe little to none resources they have...