Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Snail Games - Failures at servicing Age of Wushu

Durdel00Durdel00 Member Posts: 6

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would share with you some actual customer service emails from Fail-Snail regarding account hacks and their response. These emails are in the order received (latest to original) and involve just 1 incident. They also show what morons Fail-Snail really are. The player name has been removed to protect the victim. Enjoy :)

---------------------------------------------------------

Reply from GM Center in AOW

-----------------------------------------------------------

Greetings! 

Dear player, about your hacked issue, our tech. dept. has checked it, and has chased the game log and transaction history to return them! They have tried their best to return money as well as items. If you still lose some item, we are very sorry for it! Thanks for you kind understanding and support of AOW!

Best Regards,

Customer Support

Snail Game USA

GM001

--------------------------------------------------------

Original email responses from lots of morons:

--------------------------------------------------------

Greetings!

Dear player, about your hacked issue, our tech. dept. has checked it, and has chased the game log and transaction history to return them! They have tried their best to return money as well as items.  If you still lose some item, we are very sorry for it! Thanks for you kind understanding and support of AOW!

Best Regards,

Customer Support

Snail Game USA

GM001

2014-01-27
Right, I am just a "ticket" to you. You guys dont care how much it costs us "tickets" only that you get to close a "ticket".

1. You have ignored the fact you took taxes out of my returned liang
2. you have ignored the fact that you delayed getting my items for 2 days...a lifetime to use, transfer again or destroy.

Nothing is ever your fault. Us "tickets" are of no concern except for you to close us.

These are virtual items. They dont exist and can be replaced just as simply. YOU decided to allow this harm. YOUR lack of action, and then YOUR decision to NOT ACT.

I truly hope you enjoy finding a new job when your company no longer needs you to close "tickets" due to a greatly reduced population. A reduction in population that YOU helped create.

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 18:25:58 +0800
Subject: Re: hacking issue
To:

Greetings

We have checked your ticket. They have tried their best to check your hacking issue

and have tried to find back your items and money. That all they can do .

Thanks for your support

GM004

2014-01-26
No, you didnt try very hard to get the items back. You took 2 days from the time it was reported. You took taxes out of the liang returned. You ignored my requests to chat with a gm. You lied about returning all my items (see THIS email below).

No more excuses. I quit. I am encouraging everyone I know to quit. 1 year wasted dealing with people who don't care about their customers.

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 14:32:38 +0800
To:

Dear Player:

Greetings.  Official has already tried best to help you get lost item back.  It is very complicated to get lost item back. Official could not make sure get all lost item back.  Please understand.  Thanks for your support.  

Best regards. 

GM037

2014-01-26
No you have not returned all my unbound liang. You took taxes out of the refund.

No you have not returned my 11 toad scrolls. You have not returned any of them. It took me 6 months to get them for my progression, and now its all gone.

I have completed my obligations to my friends. Therefore, because of YOUR actions, I quit.

I am one of the few people on the server willing to help people from start to finish. When people like me quit, many more leave out of frustration and lack of support.

YOU did this.

Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2014 08:06:55 +0800
To:

Greetings!

Thank you for your inquiry . After checking , we have sent the items and silver got back for you to your acc , please check if you have recieved .

Thank you for your support , have a nice day !

Best Regards,

GM002

Comments

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Customer service must be low on the feature list of F2P games.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Customer service must be low on the feature list of F2P games.

That's definitely the case with F2P games.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

I laughed that your first response to not getting everything you wanted was that you'r a hero and the game will suffer by you quitting.

I don't know why they did try harder....

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Well, they did a better job translating their ticket responses to English  than they did with the game text.  
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Well, they did a better job translating their ticket responses to English  than they did with the game text.  

I'll second that. Their quest text makes Zero Wing's translation look flawless.

Oh, and in before BCBully comes along to white knight his beloved AoW.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• RykaSRykaS Member UncommonPosts: 7

Lol, be glad they even returned your items. Snail found transaction log, found my hacker, banned him, and refuse to return my stuff...

My friends even track down the fencing account for said hacker, full of other players' stolen items. They still refuse to lift a finger. You were fortunate to even be reunited with your stuff again. Taking taxes out is stupid, ofc, but the bar is so low with Snail CS that your experience is basically a flawless victory lol.

• ElirionLothElirionLoth Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Believe it or not, it seems their customer service has actually improved.  When my account was hacked they just sent me an e-mail a week later telling me how it was my fault and giving me some very basic, ie insulting, security suggestions on the handling of my passwords.
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Yea I had the same thing happen to me a few months after release. Back then though they didnt offer help at all and I left that pos game
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

OP..

That is actually a decent response when compared to most f2p games.They basically restored your game the best they could.

USUALLY these support staff are not even employed by the developer but outside agencies,then you  will really pull your hair out in frustration.Usually they like to send you a confirmation then ask you for your account details lol.They also like to copy/paste an identical support page right off the internet support pages.

You should also realize that the hacking is pretty much all your own fault.Now days you can't trust any internet sites,make sure your settings are high and don't visit lame sites.One of the best ways to hack is through emails,be very careful opening emails you don't know.

I have been hacked once and very sneaky,they used a girl friends name to head the email,so naturally i clicked it then realized my mistake and got hacked.

The only thing that bothers me is when a developer allows a person to login from a foreign country,like a JPN IP logging into my CND account.

You just have to accept the developer did restore decently your account and you need to be more diligent in your safety.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Durdel00Durdel00 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Wizardry

OP..

That is actually a decent response when compared to most f2p games.They basically restored your game the best they could.

USUALLY these support staff are not even employed by the developer but outside agencies,then you  will really pull your hair out in frustration.Usually they like to send you a confirmation then ask you for your account details lol.They also like to copy/paste an identical support page right off the internet support pages.

1.So because other companies screw people it's ok for snail to? LOTS of real money transactions still get spent on virtual items that can be replaced with little or no actual cost to snail. Did their BEST you say? You're funny.

2. If someone is hired by a company to do a job, even if sub-contracted, it's the company's fault, period.

I suspect you must work for these baddie companies in some role to even attempt to defend them. Good luck with that...

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by jmlane223
    Yea I had the same thing happen to me a few months after release. Back then though they didnt offer help at all and I left that pos game

Same here.  Snail has got to be one of the worst publishers I have seen in any MMO.  Their dev side of the house is OK and you can tell they really try to make something different in gameplay and mechanics within AoW, though you can see some of the QA fall through the cracks due to them trying to do too much.  Their game management side, specially SnailUSA is just all thumbs when it comes to running a game in the West.  I'm surprised AoW is still afloat with their poor management in place.  It's sad when GPotato can do a better job with an MMO than the original dev/publisher.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689
    had the same issue, not to mention hackers who rope pull you out of the safe spawn area and kill you. Support with SG has allways been bad. i say any game that gets put under SG's care will eventually die. I played this game from launch till the hackers got bad. I even got kicked from a guild for "causing issues" when all i did was ask for help with the higher lvl who was spawn killing with the rope weapon. So IMO from someone who played for 4 months before quitting do not waste your time on this game. If your joining now its allready late in the game all the higher lvls will enjoy picking on you. I made it a goal to  try and keep the newbs save but one person was only able to do so much.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!